IGNORED

Happy Halloween (WIP)

atari2600land

I invite you to get in the Halloween spirit a little early and play this little WIP (#AE03) which will be a limited edition release released by Shawn Sr. on October 1 (just in time for Halloween.) I plan to limit this to 4k, and I don't have a price set yet. (everything is still in the early stages.) There's 10 screens so far. So, what do you think so far?

hh061007fourk.bas.bin

hhinst.txt

Edited by atari2600land

Aegis, someone needs to pimp your logo! I'm sure Nathan Strum or Random Terrain could do it for you if you asked nicely.

JR

I did it in Microsoft Paint. I don't really have any fancy-schmancy stuff like Photoshop. Let's just call it at this point a sketch of a logo I'd like. So what do you think about the game?

Nothing really new. I've decided to bump the size back up to 8k, with the second bank filled with a bunch of mazes. (I'm running out of colors to make the PF for each level, though!) Also cleaned up the title screen a little bit. I'll make one or two new levels soon.

post-9475-1181621024_thumb.png

Aegis, someone needs to pimp your logo! I'm sure Nathan Strum or Random Terrain could do it for you if you asked nicely.

JR

I did it in Microsoft Paint. I don't really have any fancy-schmancy stuff like Photoshop. Let's just call it at this point a sketch of a logo I'd like. So what do you think about the game?

Haven't played it yet. I have, however, dabbled with a logo design for your company. I'll post it later today.

JR

I was thinking "eh, black background, two sprites, not my style..." but then I played it, and the concept is really, really good. If I had your imagination for gameplay I'd get so much farther with stuff. I guess I should stop being surprised that your games are fun and innovative, huh?

Kind of rough, but here's an idea I had for the logo.

JR

That's pretty good, if the top corners were squared, it could be used on a shield (the original Aegis logo design; Aegis is the shield of Zeus in Greek mythology. Many thanks to my huge red dictionary for the definition.)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really know whether to change the name or not. I posted in my blog that I'm not, but then again, I might get a cease-and-desist order from WWE. (From what I hear, Vince is pretty ruthless. I don't really follow wrestling that much any more.) There are at least a few instances I know of of people not being sue-happy. There's a Beach Boys album named "Surf's Up" and they didn't go after the makers of the animated movie of the same name.

Edited by atari2600land

Hm... what about changing the name to "Halloween Hunt" or "Halloween Chase" ? I think the game should at least have "halloween" in the name when you wanna release it as a "halloween-cart".

The "Red Skeleton" set-up could also be nice but i personally prefer the current one, i already got used to that little pumpkin and i like it :)