IGNORED

Lead

seemo

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

here's another update :)

What's new:

- at the end of catch stages the messages are perfect/+700 or number/caught

- each type of stage has its own number of objects : 100 for fire, 90 for dodge and scramble, and 60 for catch

- the first scramble level has not collapsing sides anymore, and they turn left/right

- score is 3 points per object now, while every catch adds 5 points.

- perfect bonus is 700, and the last two power ups add 1065 points each.

- some other tweaks

Thank You very much for you feedback/suggestions :thumbsup: , and let me know what you think !

Simone

lead_8k_20071201.bin

:party: ... Awesome!

:lust: ... Perfect!

:cool: ... Rules!

:thumbsup: ... :!:

Congratulations for finalizing this masterpiece Simone!

(only a miniscule observation: pressing the fire button during the demo screen will first bring you to the title screen, and not directly start a game. Only reporting it for the records, a completely negligible issue actually)

Cheers, Eric

Edited by r_type2600

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rom Hunter,

here's the last version of Lead 1k.

This is the version that got posted to the MiniGame Competition, and is the one included in the 8k version of the game.

The only difference between this binary and the latest binary I posted in the 1k thread, is that you have to release the fire button to activate a smart bomb ( by pressing down ).

The idea was to prevent any accidental smart bomb activation, and to introduce more complexity to the controls (seeing that someone pointed out that 'There is no reason to not shoot in this game' in the comments of the Competition, it didn't work too well :roll: ).

As about the continue feature, I think you are referring to the smart bombs, as there are no continue tokens...

You can keep on continuing, but every time you loose your smart bombs, and you are pushed back by two levels.

Remember: for every fourth smart bomb you collect, you get a power up... :twisted:

Simone

lead_1k.bin

Hi Rom Hunter,

here's the last version of Lead 1k.

This is the version that got posted to the MiniGame Competition, and is the one included in the 8k version of the game.

The only difference between this binary and the latest binary I posted in the 1k thread, is that you have to release the fire button to activate a smart bomb ( by pressing down ).

The idea was to prevent any accidental smart bomb activation, and to introduce more complexity to the controls (seeing that someone pointed out that 'There is no reason to not shoot in this game' in the comments of the Competition, it didn't work too well :roll: ).

As about the continue feature, I think you are referring to the smart bombs, as there are no continue tokens...

You can keep on continuing, but every time you loose your smart bombs, and you are pushed back by two levels.

Remember: for every fourth smart bomb you collect, you get a power up... :twisted:

Simone

Thanks for the ROM, Simone!

Smartbombs, of course! (Duh)

I totally forgot to use these.

Simone,

I truly think this is one of the best action games on the VCS (and I played them all an awful lot), but the only thing that keeps me from coming back at this one is the bloody being-pushed-back thing.

Trust me: it simply isn't motivating nor rewarding for a player to do things (that have already been mastered!) all over again.

Please let the player restart at the level he dies in, instead of a level he has already completed.

When I die and notice I have to go through two levels before reaching my point of dying again, all I can think of is: 'F*ck and Sh*t! Not this again!', instead of: 'Yess! Another change to remaster two already mastered levels! What a challenge!'

Remember this: When you die, you die anyway. So you might as well restart at the same level to stay in the flow.

No matter what other people say, if there's one factor that can ruin this already brilliant game, than it's the being-pushed-back thing.

Perhaps it's an idea to let people compare this version to a continue-at-the-same-level version (with slightly longer levels)?

Please think this over.

Keep up the good work!

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Hi,

here's another update :)

- removed 'zzap' speed option

- moved the smart bomb 'safe' activation control to difficulty switch P1

- restored 100 enemies for both dodge and scramble levels

- bonus power-ups are worth 945 points each

- difficulty switch P0 now allows you to select between 'easy' and 'hard' mode:

when you set it on 'easy' mode

- your score is displayed in red

- if you die, you continue from the level you died in

- the ending is 'reduced'

when you set it on 'hard' mode the game behaves just like before, and you get the 'full' ending.

Merry Christmas to Everyone !

Simone

lead_8k_20071220.bin

when you set it on 'easy' mode

- your score is displayed in red

- if you die, you continue from the level you died in

- the ending is 'reduced'

when you set it on 'hard' mode the game behaves just like before, and you get the 'full' ending.

:cool: What a salomonic solution to restore Christmas peace ;)

You must have become a master of code optimization, to be able to come back and add last minute features again :thumbsup:

Does the screen display a cute little teddy bear when in "easy" mode, so Rom Hunter knows which one to play? ;) :D :P

:rolling: :lol:

Does the screen display a cute little teddy bear when in "easy" mode, so Rom Hunter knows which one to play? ;) :D :P
LOL

I'm sure you will accept my challenge to battle this out at the High Score Club once the game is presented there?

I promise I'll do my stinking best to give you a looong, sleepless week.

8)

I'm sure you will accept my challenge to battle this out at the High Score Club once the game is presented there?

Of course! Although I haven't had any time for the HSC lately. I need to get back into that after the holidays.

I promise I'll do my stinking best to give you a looong, sleepless week.

8)

That's okay, my weeks have been long and sleepless lately anyway. :sleep:

Kinda related... kinda not

I just saw this video on YouTube of an updated musical Space Invaders game.

The way the sound effects work with the music reminded me of Lead, so I thought I'd post it here.

Holy crap, you're right! Except Lead is a lot more exciting than this DS game looks.

• 3 weeks later...