IGNORED

Places to buy a PAL 800 xl in Europe?

dr_bob

Partly because of the thread (ongoing) over on the retro gamer magazine forum , and partly as despite it being the first computer I had as a kid , yet strangely in my years of collecting retro consoles and computers I've never been able to pick one up , I'm looking to buy a PAL Atari 800xl

Trouble is I'm based in Ireland , and for once I've had no luck with Ebay ,theres few enough pal ones there and either the shipping prices (usually from the UK) are extortionately high* (that's when they WILL ship!) or I'm getting sniped at the last second.

So I'm looking for a decent on-line shop to buy one , and preferably a 1010 tape deck as well (as that was my original set-up years ago).

Can anyone recommend one?

I've only found one http://www.atari-shop.nl/ , which looks good but I don't think they've any in stock .I might drop them a mail later anyway , although I don't think they carry the 1010(or any tape deck)

are there any others that people here have used?

Edited by dr_bob

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update to say I got an 800xl and 1010 (cheers Mimo!), so thanks to all who helped.

Been playing through a few old favourites - Montezuma's revenge , power down , Zybex ,and having great fun .

I'd forgotten how long it takes to load anything though! (even compared to the {boo hiss} C64), and how unreliable tapes are (same tape will sometimes work and sometimes not!)

Anyway I've shelled out for an SIO2PC so I should have fun with that!