IGNORED

ABBUC Software Contest 2007

Bunsen

With no doubt, this whole post here is extremly exciting. I enjoy lookin in here every morning!!! great work Bunsen :)

grtx.

\twh

Thanks, Thomas. But it wasn't much work. It was a pleasure for me. To play all the fantastic games and make you and all the other interested a bit (or more) curious :)

@ Abbuc people:

so, for clarity,

when will the stuff be available for download for most of us humble people that don't get ABBUC mag. and thus no floppy?

THE abbuc won't provide the contest downloads. But after the contest (27th of october) the authors can do (@Mathy:;-)) with their programs what they want. Maybe the authors will give you their programs!? :D

Edited by Bunsen

Hello Heaven

and as abbuc member...when do we get the stuff?

I'm a member too. I guess we'll get it with the next paper magazine.

do we vote at the jhv?

Yes, but the next paper magazin will probably contain a voting sheet, so you can send in you votes before the JHV. Which will be held at the 27th of October. The votes will be counted at the JHV. (For those who read this and ask themselves what JHV means: It's the yearly meeting of the members of the ABBUC)

or will wolfgang ship many discs with the entries to the members with the next paper mag?

I guess so. They usually come with a paper magazin. I'm not sure if it will be the regular or the special magazin. I expect to find them on my doormat before the end of this month. But that's just an estimate.

Greetings

Mathy

@ Abbuc people:

so, for clarity,

when will the stuff be available for download for most of us humble people that don't get ABBUC mag. and thus no floppy?

There is a opportunity for non-members to get the programs of the contest NOW. There is a so called sneak-membership. It costs 7,80 EUR and includes the paper mag and the disk mag with the programs including shipping. The sneak-membership lasts three months but you have to cancel six weeks before ending (or better: keep staying in the ABBUC :D )

Sorry for advertising here in the forum. But we are not commercial, only a club of atari-loving people.

• 1 month later...

My Abbuc Magazine arrived today. It comes with 2 disks this time, full of software :)

Don't start to play "Yoomp!". That game is so addictive, you won't try anything else , hehe.

Great music, fits the game perfect. Very good control of tha ball, so if you loose it, you never

feel like its been the fault of the game. The levels get harder slowly, the game will keep you

busy some time. I got up to level 9 in the meantime.

I love it!

PS: I'd appreciate a version that saves Hiscores to disk...

Edited by Beetle

beetle...no comments until voting... ;) Yes... Eru did nice job... but Crownland is good as well... :)

Yoomp tops both of them. By code, game speed and by playing fun.

The tube really seems to be 3D calculated (at least looks like this) and what you see in the screenshots is smoothly fast rolling action on the real thing. It's no tricky DL or dli changes with "per line depth effect" changes or blocky character movement in the tube ... ! But DL - changes are added to give some nice screen FX.

You can see that crownland uses 32 bytes width only (the demo used 40 bytes width) and I don't know why. Because it doesn't use midline changes ("sprites" flicker when more than 2 on one scanline) and the DLIs seem to be used by standard, beause no vertical movement of the screen is used.

Well, the game is highly (if not the best jump and run for now) achieved peace of software, but it seems, the coder has run out of time .

could someone send me a .ATR of that ABBUC disk?

I joined ABBUC about 3 years ago, but never paid them any money. They sent me free disks and magazines for about 2 years, and then I guess they finally got pissed off and quit sending them.

I never could understand that Wolfgang dude's emails because I dont speak German, but I guess he was pissed off..

Anywayze. Somebody send me the disk. heheh..

could someone send me a .ATR of that ABBUC disk?

I joined ABBUC about 3 years ago, but never paid them any money. They sent me free disks and magazines for about 2 years, and then I guess they finally got pissed off and quit sending them.

I never could understand that Wolfgang dude's emails because I dont speak German, but I guess he was pissed off..

Anywayze. Somebody send me the disk. heheh..

You're a funny guy.... :|

The rules of ABBUC say, when one doesn't pay the monthly fee, he will not get a copy of the ABBUC Magazin.

I hope, people take care about this and leave you alone with your faulty manner.

Pay the monthy fee and you get the stuff. It's an easy thing.

Edited by emkay

Hallo Gunnar

Habe gerade im Mitgliederbereich das Sondermagazin downgeloaded.Bekomme aber beim Emulator nur einen

Disk Error.

Gruss Walter

Hi Walter,

wenn Disk error erscheint H und dann 1 drücken, dann kannst du die Files auswählen.

Nicht vergessen den Emu auf 128kb zu stellen sonst läuft Crownland nicht richtig.

Hallo Gunnar

Habe gerade im Mitgliederbereich das Sondermagazin downgeloaded.Bekomme aber beim Emulator nur einen

Disk Error.

Gruss Walter

Hi Walter,

wenn Disk error erscheint H und dann 1 drücken, dann kannst du die Files auswählen.

Nicht vergessen den Emu auf 128kb zu stellen sonst läuft Crownland nicht richtig.

Hallo Matthias

Danke,jetzt läuft alles richtig.Sag mal kommst du jetzt zur JHV?

Sollen wir was von dir vorstellen?????Ruf mich doch mal kurz an.

Gruss Walter