IGNORED

Playstation Store Games

Gabriel

I'm downloading it now as I type this. I avoided the Xbox version for various reasons (its not an exact port of SOTN), but I was tempted. My patience has been good to me. Now I can pack away my original copy and play this on a PS3 controller as it was meant to be. :P

The upcoming PSP game Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles will also include SOTN on it.

I can post my thoughts on it later if anyone wants to know.

yes, I just downloaded it and its the exact original PS1 game. I even transferred my original save game from my PS1 memory card to my PS3 and now have my 200% rating save slot. (And I can play as Belmont too) :)

If anyone wants my original save game slot with the 200% rating let me know if there's a way to transfer it to my PC and you can have it.

Otherwise I'm sure there are save game files out there you can find. But the fun of the game is getting that perfect rating on your own....

I'm glad I waited though I was happy to see the PS1 logo come up and memories flooded big time. :P

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is the game this week. It's $9.99. It can be played on the PS3 or on the PSP according to the icon.

I won't be getting it. I already have it as a 360 download.

It gave me the opportunity to test the wallet issue from earlier. Apparrently, you must add the item to the cart, proceed to checkout, and then confirm purchase. Only at this point does it grant the option to add the exact funds if the necessary amount is over $5. If you add funds to the wallet at the previous step, then it does not offer the option of an exact amount.

So, it's not the irritation of having to pay $2 extra for something because of stupid policies. It's the awkwardness of navigating menus due to stupid design.

That's sorta strange.

I never have money in my "wallet" and have purchased a couple of the $4.99 games. I do the check-out thing and it always presents me with the option to add $4.99 (since I pay no tax at the PS Store) to my wallet.... not $5 or $5.50 or any other amount. Always the exact amount.

I know the difference is only a penny, but I haven't run into the situation where a purchase has to be over $5 to obtain the "exact amount to deposit in your wallet" option.

Mendon

I never have money in my wallet either, I always pay the exact mount.

I wish Nintendo and Microsoft did this as well instead of paying for extra points that you never seem to use. I always have extra points. It never seems to be exactly zero. (especially Nintendo's)

I'd just rather pay exactly what Im supposed to pay and not add points all the time. The worst is Nintendo because I need to enter in my card info every time I want to buy more points. I like the background music though :P

• 1 month later...

I am now convinced that Sony is actively sabotaging the PS3. It's the only explanation I can think of to explain what I just played. The only possible explanation I can think of is that Sony has allowed this game to be made in the hopes that gamers will turn their backs on what should be the rightful console heir to this generation of gaming.

I'm talking about Pixel Junk Racers. The title is apt. I have made many comments about how Small Arms is the ultimate dog of XBox Live. I'd rather play Small Arms than be in the presence of Pixel Junk Racers again.

I could describe the game, but words completely fail me. I'll just say that it seems to be attempting to emulate slot car racers, and the graphics seem to be attempting to channel the days of 1983. Not an auspicious year to be harkening back to.

The game plays to none of the PS3's strengths. It's horrible. I really can't think of anything hyperbolic to say. If people bitch about Pac-Man and E.T. on the Atari 2600 and Super Breakout on the Atari 5200, then they have a new poster boy for the PS3 in this game.