IGNORED

German Magnavox Odyssey System

Well, come to think of it, I was in Manhattan two weeks ago at the World's Famous Hell's Kitchen Flea Market (at West 39th Street, Between 9th & 10th Ave) and I purchase a German Magnavox Odyssey System which is in Superb Condition, and 100% Complete (and I mean everything, including the Box). Besides the Japanese Bandai Vectrex System (which I purchased at the Salvation Army) I don't have a clue on how much value it has? I bought for $50 Bucks and he was playing the system (so it works) I don't know much about pricing for foreign Consoles, but how much do you guys thinks this is worth??

Anthony...

Well, come to think of it, I was in Manhattan two weeks ago at the World's Famous Hell's Kitchen Flea Market (at West 39th Street, Between 9th & 10th Ave) and I purchase a German Magnavox Odyssey System which is in Superb Condition, and 100% Complete (and I mean everything, including the Box). Besides the Japanese Bandai Vectrex System (which I purchased at the Salvation Army) I don't have a clue on how much value it has? I bought for $50 Bucks and he was playing the system (so it works) I don't know much about pricing for foreign Consoles, but how much do you guys thinks this is worth??

Anthony...

If I remember correctly what makes the foreign ones interesting is that they don't have the games "States" and "Football" (Instead they have "Soccer", though they probably call it "Football".)

I've bought four Odyssey consoles in various stages of completeness and condition paying between $60 and $130 for them. I would think a foreign one in the condition you describe would fetch over $150, mostly due to the fact it probably has a game which was completely unavailable in the US, Soccer (though it being a European box, it probably calls it "Football") and because it is in such good condition. However, what I am not aware of is the rarity of consoles from different countries. A place you might want to go is www.pong-story.com and nose around there for a while, maybe even e-mailing or pming the owner there. There are some foreign Odysseys that are rarer than others so you'll want to find out if you've got one if you plan on selling it or just want that warm feeling people get when they've made a good deal.

• 2 months later...
  • 13 years later...
7 hours ago, njb12287 said:

I know this topic is very old but I’m looking for a German export Odyssey and wanted to see if anyone had heard of on potentially for sale?

Quite rare for any export versions to come up at all at the moment, but bare in mind those cards that Mezrabad mentioned. The 'European' versions (though it does appear some US versions might have been sold in the UK) do not have the same cards, omitting 4 and 6 for the arguably more exciting 7. That would be the main giveaway if anyone is selling a set as originally released, but sometimes people might bundle in further sets into the same box for space.

If you aren't already aware of this site, and particularly this section check it out: http://www.pong-story.com/odyssey.htm#P9

13 hours ago, njb12287 said:

Thank you Mike for the information! I have actually owned a German export in the past and would like to own one again. I’m also looking for the Standard export if you knew of one ?

Haha, I should assume anyone looking into it already knows about it. ;)

If I find two I'll let you know the more expensive one!