IGNORED

Best Live Arcade Joysticks?

cimerians

Anyone out there recommend a joystick to use for classic games? (pac-man, scramble etc)

besides the regular 360 pad....

I hate to ask but is the Madcatz classic stick any good?

IMHO based on 6 months of trying to like it, the Madcatz stick is terrible. I think the only other option, and it's a pretty good one for the games you mentioned, is the Hori DOA4 stick that got released in December 2005. Hori will be releasing another similar stick alongside Virtua Fighter 5 before too long, as well.

They have an 8-way stick so they're not ideal for Pac-man, but they're sure better than an analog stick.

Looks like it but because of some Microsoft policy it has been delayed.

Adapters.

That's pre-launch news.

The encryption keys have been there since day 1.

So reading between the lines... either MS doesn't want the XArcade, or XArcade isn't willing to pay the licensing fees MS demands.

• 4 weeks later...
(of course I downloaded the three games for my trouble)

:lol:

I dunno who thought that stick was a good idea. The design sucks ass. I can tell it's shit just looking at it.

Hell yeah! They put the stick in the upper LEFT corner and the buttons on the right. What the hell is that?? Did they hold an Atari joystick with their left hand??Then they stick the middle power on button in the center so you constantly hit it. I could go on an on......

I thought I'd take one more chance with Mad Catz even if the design looked horrible. Im an idiot for doing so.

• 1 month later...