IGNORED

New to Jaguar

cubejunky

Well, not really new to it I have had one for about a year or two bought it off buyrite.net (Good thing they went out terrible service), but after that I never did anything with it expect beat Cybermorph. Now I am starting to build a collection for it, So far off ebay I have spent around $80 on games but I am kinda blind buying (I do read reviews and stuff) but I feel like I need some feedback. So far I own/bought

Cybermorph (came with system)

Tempest 2000 Complete in box ($15.56)

Cannon Fobber Complete in box (13.56)

Zool 2 Cart only (11.96)

Super Burnout Complete in box (17.56)

Iron Solider Cart only (7.59)

Theme Park Complete in box (12.99)

I know I need to get AVP/Rayman but I don't know if I want to pay $50 to $70 each for them, not yet anyway. so what else is there.

P.S. What is the cheapest way to get a Jag CD people on ebay want $200 or more for it.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by cubejunky

Well, not really new to it I have had one for about a year or two bought it off buyrite.net (Good thing they went out terrible service), but after that I never did anything with it expect beat Cybermorph. Now I am starting to build a collection for it, So far off ebay I have spent around $80 on games but I am kinda blind buying (I do read reviews and stuff) but I feel like I need some feedback. So far I own/bought

Zool 2 Cart only (11.96)

I know I need to get AVP/Rayman but I don't know if I want to pay $50 to $70 each for them, not yet anyway. so what else is there.

P.S. What is the cheapest way to get a Jag CD people on ebay want $200 or more for it.

Thanks for any help.

Try retailers, or if GoAtari throws another one on Ebay (last one went for $160 new) Also don't buy ANYTHING from SweetsStuff4U, he's the reason the prices on Ebay are so high.

Zool 2 Cart only (11.96)

Thanks for any help.

Try retailers, or if GoAtari throws another one on Ebay (last one went for $160 new) Also don't buy ANYTHING from SweetsStuff4U, he's the reason the prices on Ebay are so high.

welcome to AtariAge all the answers you seek can be found here :cool:

So far you have some of the better and cheaper games. I'd definitely recommend adding Missile Command 3D. If you like FPS shooters, I'd recommend AvP, Doom, and Wolf 3D.

When you start getting into the more expensive games, I'd suggest Breakout 2000, Atari Karts, Skyhammer, and Protector.

Keep your eyes open and ask around both here on AA and Jaguar Sector II. Another user saw me asking about JagCDs and sold me a refurbished one in excellent shape for $100 including shipping.

And yes, boycott SweetsStuf4U; he is notorious in the Jaguar scene for being an eBay speculator and has been deliberating driving up Jaguar prices on eBay for quite some time.

Jag CD will never realy do much for you...their were somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 games released, most of the games on the system are the 1st gen games of every cd based game system of the last 10 years(Dragons Lair, Primal Rage, Brain Dead 13, Space Ace, Myst, Myst Demo, Baldies) which leaves you with a buggy $200 attachment that plays: Battlemorph, Hoverstrike 2, Attach of the Mutant Penguins, Iron Soldier 2, Vid Grid, Highlander, and Blue Lightning.

If you do Buy a Jag CD you need to also purchase a copy of Protectors SE so that you can download homebrews or incomplete games.

Cons:

1) Jag CD is not like a Sega CD (it doesn't give it extra processors or powers) where it makes the machine into a true 64Bit powerhouse that will blow away 1st generation PS1 games...it is more like a computer CD rom in that games go from having to fit on a 4MG cart to 650MG Disk

2)Not that many games made hard to find any games other than Blue Lightning, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Hoverstrike 2, Battle Morph, Highlander

3)The $200 it sets you back could get you a Jag w/ most of the games made for the system if you watch E-Bay

4)Got to buy something to decode the games like (Protector:SE) if you want to play homebrews

PROS:

1)Braging rights if you are collecting the Jag you might as well get it to show that the last Atari system was cd based, most of America remebers Atari as their Grandfathers Atari 2600.

2)Only way to play homebrews

3) The easy games to find (Blue Lightning, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Hoverstrike 2, Battle Morph, Highlander, Baldies, sometimes Primal Rage, and sometimes Brain Dead 13)can normaly all be found between $1 and $10

Jag CD will never realy do much for you...their were somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 games released, most of the games on the system are the 1st gen games of every cd based game system of the last 10 years(Dragons Lair, Primal Rage, Brain Dead 13, Space Ace, Myst, Myst Demo, Baldies) which leaves you with a buggy $200 attachment that plays: Battlemorph, Hoverstrike 2, Attach of the Mutant Penguins, Iron Soldier 2, Vid Grid, Highlander, and Blue Lightning.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins is a cart not a CD game. I use to have a very large Jaguar collection and this was one of my favs. I also liked:

Tempest 2000

Power Drive Rally

I-war (most people don't like this one)

Breakout 2000 (a bit costly these days)

Zero-5 (also a costly cart)

I did own the CD unit and the only games I would ever play on it was Hoverstrike 2, Highlander and Iron Soldier 2. I never owned Primal Rage or Space Ace so I do not know how good they are.

Zool 2 Cart only (11.96)

Thanks for any help.

Congrats on beating Cybermorph...that game is hella long and hard! LOL :D You definitely need to get AvP...However, I don't think Rayman is a must own for the Jag, because it can be had for dirt cheap on the Playstation (If you have a PS...) I'm talking like $5 shipped in good complete condition. :D Whereas Jag Rayman goes for $15+ cart only $25 +/- complete. You should be able to grab AvP for about $20 (Gotta be patient, I've seen 'em go for as low as $10-15) And complete AvP should be about $25-$40. As far as the Jag CD, I know NEW Jag CD's go for $200 on eBay, but I've seen plenty of nice used ones go for about 100 bucks. Infact, I just sold mine that worked perfectly, came in the original box with all inserts except the Tempest 2000 Soundtrack, and I sold it for about $110. :) And I was happy with that price.

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. maybe I will hold off on the Jag Cd for now anyway, I will keep an eye out for one for if I do find a good price. For a Jag board I really didn't expect that many people to be on it but man you guys have a big community... unlike GameFAQs.com witch there jag board is dead just people "claiming the board" topics. It's impossible to find a good Cd-I site or 3DO site.

The reason it took me so long to finally get the Jag is I had other system I need to build up, I am a video game collector of sorts anyway. The jag kinda got lost in the mix I guess.

Hey, Thanks for the feedback. maybe I will hold off on the Jag Cd for now anyway, I will keep an eye out for one for if I do find a good price. For a Jag board I really didn't expect that many people to be on it but man you guys have a big community... unlike GameFAQs.com witch there jag board is dead just people "claiming the board" topics. It's impossible to find a good Cd-I site or 3DO site.

The reason it took me so long to finally get the Jag is I had other system I need to build up, I am a video game collector of sorts anyway. The jag kinda got lost in the mix I guess.

Yeah, the boards on GameFaqs suck, anything for the more modern systems have anything meaningful on them.

And yes, boycott SweetsStuf4U; he is notorious in the Jaguar scene for being an eBay speculator and has been deliberating driving up Jaguar prices on eBay for quite some time.

Exactly! I'd concider it a GREAT disservice to not warn people of ol' SweetShit :cool:

Edited by EmOneGarand

I try and answer questions on the Jaguar (not JagCD) board but its definitely getting quieter on GameFAQs

Zool 2 Cart only (11.96)

Thanks for any help.

Yeah, stay away from RipUoff4real, he outbid everyone on all the "broken" JagCD units GoAtari sold, so they will be repaired units you are buying for WAY too much. If we can all boycott him, maybe we can get Jaguar prices back to a reasonable level. Hopefully he'll have to liquidate eventually.

Edited by Gunstar

If you do Buy a Jag CD you need to also purchase a copy of Protectors SE so that you can download homebrews or incomplete games.

Cons:

1) Jag CD is not like a Sega CD (it doesn't give it extra processors or powers) where it makes the machine into a true 64Bit powerhouse that will blow away 1st generation PS1 games...it is more like a computer CD rom in that games go from having to fit on a 4MG cart to 650MG Disk

2)Not that many games made hard to find any games other than Blue Lightning, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Hoverstrike 2, Battle Morph, Highlander

3)The $200 it sets you back could get you a Jag w/ most of the games made for the system if you watch E-Bay

4)Got to buy something to decode the games like (Protector:SE) if you want to play homebrews

PROS:

1)Braging rights if you are collecting the Jag you might as well get it to show that the last Atari system was cd based, most of America remebers Atari as their Grandfathers Atari 2600.

3) The easy games to find (Blue Lightning, Dragons Lair, Space Ace, Hoverstrike 2, Battle Morph, Highlander, Baldies, sometimes Primal Rage, and sometimes Brain Dead 13)can normaly all be found between $1 and $10

I totally disagree. The Jaguar CD unit is worth it JUST for games like Battlemorph, Hoverstrike: UL (NOT 2, it's NOT a sequel, just improved and added levels), Iron Soldier 2, World Tour Racing and Highlander; some of the BEST Jaguar games there are. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Jag CD just for a few of these games, well worth it. You will eventually find a Jag CD for a decent price.

I totally disagree. The Jaguar CD unit is worth it JUST for games like Battlemorph, Hoverstrike: UL (NOT 2, it's NOT a sequel, just improved and added levels), Iron Soldier 2, World Tour Racing and Highlander; some of the BEST Jaguar games there are. I HIGHLY recommend getting the Jag CD just for a few of these games, well worth it. You will eventually find a Jag CD for a decent price.

As Gunstar says, the JagCD system is worth the purchase for Hoverstrike UL and Battlemorph alone (especially Battlemorph if you like Cybermorph alot, since Battlemorph is significantly better IMO).

As for cheap games to buy that you don't have already, I suggest Raiden and Attack of the Mutant Penguins (should be ~$10 ea.). If money isn't an issue, there are plenty of 'top 5' and 'top 10' lists that'll suggest some of the best games. AOTMP is in my top 10 anyway tho :P

Edited by Willard

As Gunstar says, the JagCD system is worth the purchase for Hoverstrike UL and Battlemorph alone (especially Battlemorph if you like Cybermorph alot, since Battlemorph is signifantly better IMO).

As for cheap games to buy that you don't have already, I suggest Raiden and Attack of the Mutant Penguins (should be ~$10 ea.). If money isn't an issue, there are plenty of 'top 5' and 'top 10' lists that'll suggest some of the best games.

I rarely ever see Attack of the Mutant Penguins on Ebay :(

I will get the more expensive games soon just not at the moment, maybe in a month or two. I was also wondering about some other things for the system and if they are worth it:

composite cables $20 (I don't have S-video ports on my TV, so next best thing I guess)

Pro Controller $50

As Gunstar says, the JagCD system is worth the purchase for Hoverstrike UL and Battlemorph alone (especially Battlemorph if you like Cybermorph alot, since Battlemorph is signifantly better IMO).

As for cheap games to buy that you don't have already, I suggest Raiden and Attack of the Mutant Penguins (should be ~$10 ea.). If money isn't an issue, there are plenty of 'top 5' and 'top 10' lists that'll suggest some of the best games.

It was just up a few days ago, I think it went for 20$+ complete game.

If you really want it, I think SS4U has it for about 7 copies of BattleSphere :D

Cons:

PROS:

Definitely!, The JaguarCD is my favorite aspect of the system,.. and I couldn't agree more with Gunstar.

It was just up a few days ago, I think it went for 20$+ complete game.

If you really want it, I think SS4U has it for about 7 copies of BattleSphere :D

I'm waiting for the day when ShitStain4U starts listing Cybermorph for $200

I was just wondering is there such thing as a fake Jaguar cart? kinda like whats happening to the GBA. I was wondering because I just got a cart (Cannon Fodder) and it does not have the large Atari imprint on the back of the cart.

It's possible but it's not cost effective... GBA cartridges are easier to reproduce and in large supply without huge costs to do so. Later game releases didn't have the Fuji but their legit, my Cannon Fodder also lacks the Fuji but I had gotten it new from GoAtari.

I was just wondering is there such thing as a fake Jaguar cart? kinda like whats happening to the GBA. I was wondering because I just got a cart (Cannon Fodder) and it does not have the large Atari imprint on the back of the cart.

Not all games came with that. Odds are it's a legit cart. I don't know that I've really ever heard of or seen a counterfeit.