IGNORED

FS: Original Gameboy Kiosk display.(Sold 13 years ago)

RasterScan

RasterScan, before you sell that you should look inside that Gameboy and see how they wired it to output to the monitor. That might help those of us who are wondering how we can make our own cable to play the GBA SP or Gameboyadvance or Gameboy Color system on our TV. Let us know what you find.

Oooh, tempting...

...play the GBA SP or Gameboyadvance or Gameboy Color system on our TV.

That would be the Gameboy Player :P :D

I knew someone would reply with a remark about the Gameboy Player for the Gamecube.

But I just want to be able to hook-up the GBA SP itself to the TV and play games. Thats one of the reasons the Nomad is a cool system. :cool:

There is a box inside called Demovision. It is hardwired to the Gamboy's LCD contacts. This only works with the mono Gameboy's.

There is another Demovision made for the GB Color.

I'll post more info when I get home from work.

I wonder if we could just solder some wire on a few pins in the GBA SP LCD to make an RCA video cable and that would do the trick. Maybe there's 3 pins (RGB).

And I already know about the GBA to TV converter device that lets you use the old GBA to play games on your TV, but that's too bulky.

Edited by nintendo

Tempting, would look great in my game room :ponder:

What are the exact demensions of this?

I thought you are downsizing? :ponder:

Just downsizing my console games. I have made a deal to keep one media cabinet full of my favorite boxed games (about 200) in exchange for my game room being left alone by the other half. I guess a house full of different video game rooms wasn't exactly what she has in mind :D I don't see what wrong with it though :?

I still have a little room in my gameroom, I have it narrowed down between a mini Neo cab, caberet Tempest machine (or similar) or a display unit although preferably a SNES this GB one looks pretty cool also. Once I find out the demensions it will help decide.

Just downsizing my console games. I have made a deal to keep one media cabinet full of my favorite boxed games (about 200) in exchange for my game room being left alone by the other half. I guess a house full of different video game rooms wasn't exactly what she has in mind :D I don't see what wrong with it though :?

I still have a little room in my gameroom, I have it narrowed down between a mini Neo cab, caberet Tempest machine (or similar) or a display unit although preferably a SNES this GB one looks pretty cool also. Once I find out the demensions it will help decide.

Get out now while there's still time!

That is a cool looking kiosk.

No such luck. The Demovision is pretty complex and not something a hobbyist could repro. I've got an older kiosk with a Demo Boy inside and I had a look with an eye to upgrading to color. Not so easy.

You'd be better off using a Super Game Boy and a SNES if you want to play old GB/GBC games on a TV.

Edited by djpubba

• 1 month later...