IGNORED

looking for chronogaming dates

Mezrabad

I've been unable to figure out when the games below were released for the Atari 2600. For most of the 2600's games, I was able to find a copyright date (not always the same) on a games box, manual or cart as pictured in Atari Age's database, to give me some date to use to get close to the year released. I was unable to find a clue for most of these games (or if there was one, I missed it.)

If anyone has personal knowledge of when these games were released (Like, "I remember I bought mine at a K-Mart in 1983") or even a receipt with a date on it, I'd appreciate you letting me know by posting in the thread. If I can just get a close idea of when these were available it would help me out. Otherwise I'll have to arbitrarily decide that these games would've been available "by 1984 or so" and just play them in a "not sure" batch. Not a big deal but if I can get it right, I'd like to try. Thanks.

Air Raid

Ghost Manor

Challenge

Condor Attack

Cosmic Corridor

Dishaster

Eli's Ladder

Glacier Patrol

I Want My Mommy

Ikari Warriors

Inca Gold

Montezuma's Revenge

Night Stalker

Ocean City Defender (Atlantis)

Pepsi Invaders

Pinball (Atari Video Pinball)

Quest for Quintana Roo

Space Adventure

Spider Maze

Tank Brigade (Tanks But No Tanks)

Tanks But No Tanks

Time Warp

Universal Chaos (Targ)

Vulture Attack

By the way, this is research for my chronogaming project. (see Atari Age blog (link below) or website, www.chronogamer.com to get an idea of what I'm doing.) I'm about to start chronogaming 1980-1984 and am trying to establish lists of games that came out during each of those years. 1980, 1981 were pretty easy to get a handle on but 1982 gets hairy with lots and lots of third party titles coming out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've been unable to figure out when the games below were released for the Atari 2600. For most of the 2600's games, I was able to find a copyright date (not always the same) on a games box, manual or cart as pictured in Atari Age's database, to give me some date to use to get close to the year released. I was unable to find a clue for most of these games (or if there was one, I missed it.)

If anyone has personal knowledge of when these games were released (Like, "I remember I bought mine at a K-Mart in 1983") or even a receipt with a date on it, I'd appreciate you letting me know by posting in the thread. If I can just get a close idea of when these were available it would help me out. Otherwise I'll have to arbitrarily decide that these games would've been available "by 1984 or so" and just play them in a "not sure" batch. Not a big deal but if I can get it right, I'd like to try. Thanks.

Air Raid

Ghost Manor

Challenge

Condor Attack

Cosmic Corridor

Dishaster

Eli's Ladder

Glacier Patrol

I Want My Mommy

Ikari Warriors

Inca Gold

Montezuma's Revenge

Night Stalker

Ocean City Defender (Atlantis)

Pepsi Invaders

Pinball (Atari Video Pinball)

Quest for Quintana Roo

Space Adventure

Spider Maze

Tank Brigade (Tanks But No Tanks)

Tanks But No Tanks

Time Warp

Universal Chaos (Targ)

Vulture Attack

By the way, this is research for my chronogaming project. (see Atari Age blog (link below) or website, www.chronogamer.com to get an idea of what I'm doing.) I'm about to start chronogaming 1980-1984 and am trying to establish lists of games that came out during each of those years. 1980, 1981 were pretty easy to get a handle on but 1982 gets hairy with lots and lots of third party titles coming out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I remember reading a thread a long time ago that the Zellers games came out in stores in '86. As for the rest I would suggest checking Atarimania. Vulture Attack had Novemember? October? 1982 on the instructions IIRC.

I remember reading a thread a long time ago that the Zellers games came out in stores in '86. As for the rest I would suggest checking Atarimania. Vulture Attack had Novemember? October? 1982 on the instructions IIRC.

WOW, I just took a look at your Zellers collection in your signature link. Nice work. I hope you find the last two boxes!

Thanks for the suggestion of looking over at Atarimania. I didn't even know they existed! They had dates (which, at this point, I'm just going to accept as "good enough") which took care of all but the Zellers stuff and Air Raid. I'm going to go with your date (86) on the Zellers' titles, since, given your collection, I think you're the one most likely to know. ;)

Thanks again.

I can't remember where that thread was though. I might have confused it with this one which doesn't have a definite year so don't hold that '86 as Gospel

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...&hl=zellers

Lots of the time when you find a few Zellers boxes from an original owner you find a nice little Atari Junior with the lot. Atarimania is king with it's listings. Atariguide has several scans of manuals that aren't anywhere else yet. Atariage has the forums, and a database (but needs a good update). Other good sites are Atariprotos.com, The giant list of Atari 2600 label variations, the PAL cart database, etc. You just need to click the links section at the top of the forum page.

Lots of the time when you find a few Zellers boxes from an original owner you find a nice little Atari Junior with the lot. Atarimania is king with it's listings. Atariguide has several scans of manuals that aren't anywhere else yet. Atariage has the forums, and a database (but needs a good update). Other good sites are Atariprotos.com, The giant list of Atari 2600 label variations, the PAL cart database, etc. You just need to click the links section at the top of the forum page.

This is all good to know. Thanks for sharing it.

Do you happen to know of any sites devoted similarly to the ColecoVision? I've got a list of ColecoVision titles without dates, too. EDIT (Been checking around some. MobyGames had some years and so did another site which I've immediately forgotten.)

Amazing Bumpman

Cosmic Crisis

Dance Fantasy

Flipper Slipper

Gust Buster

Rolloverture

Sector Alpha

Skiing

Strike it

Super Action Soccer

Super Crossforce

Super Sketch