IGNORED

Heavy Sixer Factory Sealed?

posuprstar

If you're referring to the pics I just posted, no . . . this is part of my personal collection. I was just

showing it to compare against the one currently on Ebay.

darn... I was hoping it was for sale ;-) Could you do me a HUGE favor and weigh it, even if it's somewhat approximate?

What are the pros and cons of opening it if I should win?

Cons:

You will reduce the resale value.

Pros:

1. You will witness a minty heavy sixer as though it has just been taken out from the box 30 years ago. It's like being in a time capsule.

2. You will find out if you indeed get a heavy sixer or not.

If I were you, I would open it. I can't stand to keep wondering if I indeed get a heavy sixer and if the thing inside is indeed never been taken out. One would know right away if the package has been resealed.

Edited by Hendra

If you're referring to the pics I just posted, no . . . this is part of my personal collection. I was just

showing it to compare against the one currently on Ebay.

darn... I was hoping it was for sale ;-) Could you do me a HUGE favor and weigh it, even if it's somewhat approximate?

The only scale I could weigh it on would be a cheapo bathroom scale, I highly doubt it would give you an accurate #.

The next time I get it down though ( JUST got it all stacked/arranged ) I will do so.

This whole thing is driving my ass up a wall, so fuc*ing what if it is a heavy sixer NIB its still not worth $3000.00!!!!!! and please let the winner show him self, I would love to know who would give up that kind of money for a 2600, I have a NIB combat I want to sell him for just $300.00

:roll: :roll: :dunce:

Edited by ATARIPITBULL

This whole thing is driving my ass up a wall, so fuc*ing what if it is a heavy sixer NIB its still not worth $3000.00!!!!!! and please let the winner show him self, I would love to know who would give up that kind of money for a 2600, I have a NIB combat I want to sell him for just $300.00

Well I'm sure you've seen the final: $5100!!!!

That is two in a row now that have broken $2000 . . . and several bidders on this one thought it was worth it.

That is two in a row now that have broken $2000 . . . and several bidders on this one thought it was worth it.

The last one was actually a light sixer because the serial number was on the box. This one based on the weight is most likely a heavy sixer, but since its the 1978 box (w/out chess piece) it may be a taiwan version instead of a true sunnyvale usa unit.

Myself I'll just stick to the loose/open systems unless I can score one at a thrift or garage sale on the cheap.

please let the winner show him self, I would love to know who would give up that kind of money for a 2600, I have a NIB combat I want to sell him for just $300.00

The winner is the same guy who bought an NINB four switcher at eBay. I posted a thread about his purchase more than a year ago

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...c=86860&hl=

please let the winner show him self, I would love to know who would give up that kind of money for a 2600, I have a NIB combat I want to sell him for just $300.00

The winner is the same guy who bought an NINB four switcher at eBay. I posted a thread about his purchase more than a year ago

Maybe he's got a 'virgin' box fetish? Just speculating.

Maybe he's got a 'virgin' box fetish? Just speculating.

Heh. Don't we all?

$5100?

That's alot, how much are one of these actually worth, that is, assuming it is a real Heavy Sixer? I don't think I've ever seen a single system go that high before, what's the highest anyone ever bid on a console itself?

The last one was actually a light sixer because the serial number was on the box. This one based on the weight is most likely a heavy sixer, but since its the 1978 box (w/out chess piece) it may be a taiwan version instead of a true sunnyvale usa unit.

Myself I'll just stick to the loose/open systems unless I can score one at a thrift or garage sale on the cheap.

Yes I knew the first one was a light, making the fact that it broke $2000 even more amazing!

$5100?

That's alot, how much are one of these actually worth, that is, assuming it is a real Heavy Sixer? I don't think I've ever seen a single system go that high before, what's the highest anyone ever bid on a console itself?

Well, the most I had ever seen spent on a single console before was just a few weeks ago, the one for $2025. It seems that just in the last few months a lot more people have been paying attention and getting in to collecting Atari's, I watch the market VERY closely and have seen prices across the board going up on everything, particularly sealed items.

I see people on here saying it's not worth it . . . not to THEM! Apparently 5 people on this last auction thought it was worth $3500 . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love the questions that people ask.

Question from the original auction:

Where did you find this system? Is the rf switch included? Is there anything that I would need to purchase outside of the system itself in order for it to work on my television?

It kills me how random boneheads who obviously know nothing about Atari are willing to drop hundreds/thousands on an item like this. :roll: