IGNORED

5200 Tempest Update

Dutchman2000

The joystick support in Tempest only uses the horizontal pot for position and does not even read the vertical one. So you can only move left and right to spin around the tubes. The faster you move the stick or roll the trak-ball, the faster you will spin around the tubes!

There will also be high-score entry, and 3 difficulty levels.

That sounds great. I definitly want this when it comes out. I remember seeing a picture somewhere on the internet myself, where someone had a 5200 controller with no stick, just a spinner. If i can find it again, i'll post it here.

Here it is. Finally found it. You can see it in the back behind the clear trackball controller. I wouldn't mind having that. :cool:

Pretty sure that's a prototype paddle, which wouldn't work for tempest. I have seen a couple of 5200 sticks modded with the 2600 paddle knob on ebay before.

The paddle won't work because it doesn't spin continuously.

Here it is. Finally found it. You can see it in the back behind the clear trackball controller. I wouldn't mind having that. :cool:

Pretty sure that's a prototype paddle, which wouldn't work for tempest. I have seen a couple of 5200 sticks modded with the 2600 paddle knob on ebay before.

The paddle won't work because it doesn't spin continuously.

Ah, thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if that would work or not.

Yea, the paddle sticks are easy to make. You basicly get rid of the up and down pot and glue the left and right pot to the iside top of the 5200 stick. Then you just stick a 2600 paddle knob on top and your good to go.

Allan

Yea, the paddle sticks are easy to make. You basicly get rid of the up and down pot and glue the left and right pot to the iside top of the 5200 stick. Then you just stick a 2600 paddle knob on top and your good to go.

Allan

I'm not sure if it was previously discussed but what if you put the pot from the driving paddles from 2600 Indy 500 into the 5200 controller instead of the paddle pot. Wouldn't it act like a spinner?

Allan

I'm not sure if it was previously discussed but what if you put the pot from the driving paddles from 2600 Indy 500 into the 5200 controller instead of the paddle pot. Wouldn't it act like a spinner?

Nope, it won't work.

Allan

Allan

Nope, it won't work.

Allan

If someone builds one, they will make a fortune!!

• 3 weeks later...

The current plan is to complete the game, then release it with a box, manual and overlay. AtariAge is going to be selling the game through their online store. There will be 300 copies made. 250 limited edition and 50 regular.

The plan may change but this is the most current.

The current plan is to complete the game, then release it with a box, manual and overlay. AtariAge is going to be selling the game through their online store. There will be 300 copies made. 250 limited edition and 50 regular.

Put me down for one. I have been waiting for Tempest on the 5200 for 25 years.

put me down for a regular one, they are obviously more rare ;)

I must have one as well. I sure hope you decide to make more than 300. Those will sell out in no time then the only way to get one will be on Ebay with exorbitant prices. These super limited run deals are not very friendly to people on low, set incomes.

I must have one as well. I sure hope you decide to make more than 300. Those will sell out in no time then the only way to get one will be on Ebay with exorbitant prices. These super limited run deals are not very friendly to people on low, set incomes.

get a job j/k, not really, get a job.

If it's anything like the Adventure II release, you'd better order one within an hour of Albert's availability announcement. :-o

There will be no pre-ordering this time around, though. ;)

..Al

wonderfull....so it will be a scramble to get them. Will there at least be some notice so that we can sit on the computer for hours in the hopes of getting one?

get a job j/k, not really, get a job.

I'm disabled and on Social Security so I don't really find that amusing.