IGNORED

5200 Tempest Update

Dutchman2000

I must have one as well. I sure hope you decide to make more than 300. Those will sell out in no time then the only way to get one will be on Ebay with exorbitant prices. These super limited run deals are not very friendly to people on low, set incomes.

get a job j/k, not really, get a job.

I'm disabled and on Social Security so I don't really find that amusing.

I agree, it wasn't funny.

The pricing is not yet known, Albert might know as he is handling all the publishing. The main problem is coming up with 300 cartridge cases.

Yup, that's why I grab them when I can.

Allan

post-187-1186244092_thumb.jpg

post-187-1186244105_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allan

Neither do I as I am also on a pension do to poor health. :(

well I guess it was rather ass-holish of me, BUT, after seeing the people with disabilities working at my local Wal-mart, anybody who lives in my area that has been to the Mills wal-mart has seen the woman in the wheel chair that is pratically paralyzed other than talking, still has a job as a wal-mart greeter. No amount of disability other than death would keep me from doing something as it doesn't take much effort to sit behind a counter, but i guess thats my hard earned tax dollars at work, to keep able body people from working.

This is completely off topic, but that's all I can takes and I can't takes no more.

Would you die for a Wii? Well a mother of 3 did in a radio contest "Wee for a Wii" from water poisoning. Join me in the boycott of the Wii and anything Wii related. Why? Because had Nintendo not named their console something totally ridiculous, these children would still have their mother.

This kind of bothers me, becuase Nintendo had absolutely nothing to do with the radio contest at all. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't approve of the Wii name being referenced to piss. If you should boycott anything, It should be the radio station. Or you could boycott the mother's kids for wanting a Wii. Or boycott the dumb bitch who drank water until she died.

Also, water poisoning has killed many a frat boy, and no one seems to boycott the universities or fraternities for these hazing practices.

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

This is completely off topic, but that's all I can takes and I can't takes no more.

Would you die for a Wii? Well a mother of 3 did in a radio contest "Wee for a Wii" from water poisoning. Join me in the boycott of the Wii and anything Wii related. Why? Because had Nintendo not named their console something totally ridiculous, these children would still have their mother.

This kind of bothers me, becuase Nintendo had absolutely nothing to do with the radio contest at all. I'm sure Nintendo doesn't approve of the Wii name being referenced to piss. If you should boycott anything, It should be the radio station. Or you could boycott the mother's kids for wanting a Wii. Or boycott the dumb bitch who drank water until she died.

Also, water poisoning has killed many a frat boy, and no one seems to boycott the universities or fraternities for these hazing practices.

I agree, boycotting Nintendo over that would be misguided at best.

Edited by TwiliteZoner

If it's anything like the Adventure II Limited Editions, they will come with a bunch of extra stuff. The standard will be the cartridge only. Probably with no box.

Yea, but with what? It's a pretty abstract game. A rubber ball? A plastic spike?

How about a mini poster? It would be nice in the manual if the whole saga of the game being first started to it's final completion were included. Any other ideas?

I can't wait to play this. It's been a looooooonnnggggg wait for this one. I remember it being listed in ads in Electronic Games. When it never came out it was a big disappointment. When I first played the prototype years later it was on one hand great to finally play it and see how good it was but sucked because it was really unplayable without any PM detection.

I just wonder what's going to be finished first, Tempest, Cloak & Dagger, or Sinistar. My bets on Sinistar!

Allan

Neither do I as I am also on a pension do to poor health. :(

well I guess it was rather ass-holish of me, BUT, after seeing the people with disabilities working at my local Wal-mart, anybody who lives in my area that has been to the Mills wal-mart has seen the woman in the wheel chair that is pratically paralyzed other than talking, still has a job as a wal-mart greeter. No amount of disability other than death would keep me from doing something as it doesn't take much effort to sit behind a counter, but i guess thats my hard earned tax dollars at work, to keep able body people from working.

Since you really don't know their individual situations maybe you should just drop it.

The pricing is not yet known, Albert might know as he is handling all the publishing. The main problem is coming up with 300 cartridge cases.

I know that this question has been asked before, but is the fact that we don't have cartridge shells the main hold up as to why we don't have more development and titles for the 5200?

Could we not figure out a way to do even a cheaper version cartridge shell like maybe the Sega titles are in? Those and some of the Activision shells look to be much cheaper to produce than the regualr Atari 5200 shells.

What kind of cost is really involved and what kind of investment are we talking about over the long haul Albert?

I see new shells for the 2600 titles now, why could not do it on a more slimmed down scale for the 5200? In my opinion in the end what is important is that we get the title on a cartridge, not the look, fell, and quality of the shell that the cartridge is in.

That is my two cents worth on the topic.

I'd much rather have one of the 50 "regular" ones as well. lol

Are the 50 regular ones better?

I figured the limited edition ones would be the special ones

There'd be 5 times as many limited edition carts as regular ones.

You have a point there. I just like the idea of have a box and book with it as well as maybe something xtra. I'll take what i can get.

I am pleased to announce that Michael Kosaka has joined the Tempest project!! He was the original artist for the game back in 1984, and he has submitted new art for the game. Everything is working well and we hope to have a working demo soon.

Keep the faith! It will happen!!

amazing! the version i have shows a lot of potential already :-)

I am pleased to announce that Michael Kosaka has joined the Tempest project!! He was the original artist for the game back in 1984, and he has submitted new art for the game. Everything is working well and we hope to have a working demo soon.

Keep the faith! It will happen!!

amazing! the version i have shows a lot of potential already :-)

i know you guys are working hard on it and don't want to be bugged, but do you have any screenshots or a demo to tease us with till it comes out??

I'd much rather have one of the 50 "regular" ones as well. lol

Are the 50 regular ones better?

I figured the limited edition ones would be the special ones

There'd be 5 times as many limited edition carts as regular ones.

You have a point there. I just like the idea of have a box and book with it as well as maybe something xtra. I'll take what i can get.

Yeah and I honestly don't care it's just a little humorous that they plan to make more "limited edition" ones than "regular" ones. Actually it would be difficult to prove you had one of the 50 regular ones anyway unless they numbered the carts and gave the regular ones a specific number range.

The game will have trak-ball support. We haven't contacted Dave Theurer.

Still looking for Dave, I thought he might still be in the Santa Barbara area. Keithen says the game is 75%. It will be awesome.

Jeff Minter said he was disappointed that Dave didn't really show any interest in Tempest 2000, so don't expect anything.

• 3 weeks later...
The current plan is to complete the game, then release it with a box, manual and overlay. AtariAge is going to be selling the game through their online store. There will be 300 copies made. 250 limited edition and 50 regular.

The plan may change but this is the most current.

Put me down for one. I have been waiting for Tempest on the 5200 for 25 years.

Me too. I have been waiting for it to come out since the legendary Cindy Margolis and I both graduated from high school together at Erikson Center in Tarzana, California back in 1984.

BTW, speaking of Erikson Center, you are lucky just to even survive Erikson Center, let alone graduate from there like we did.