IGNORED

Which is the rarest game and which game is worth the most that you own?

Ross PK

The ATR version i saw or have seen, as 'cracked/hacked' by Mr Bacardi definately says or mentioned Rainbow Arts on the title screen

Ever heard of licensing?

Was Mindscape's version of 'Gauntlet' any different from the USG version...i've seen a couple or 3 (in original impressive packaging) floating around (way back when)

It has an additional Mindscape logo, just check our page...

Is or was Bignose/Red Rat's 'Sprong' un-common, i seem to remember it got re-released as 'Pogotron' by Game Busters/Artronic Products

The Bignose Software releases are very rare and Red Rat Software's version is pretty uncommon as well. As a budget offering, Pogotron is not necessarily easy to find either.

Was paul lay's Mag listing 'Missing One Droid/Floyd the droid' ever commercially released...on the XEX's/Atr's i have it has 2 copyrights, Analog Computing and Playsoft

Yes, by Bug-Byte.

And lastly, going back to Atari's proposed game development deal with Lucasfilm (how Rescue on Fractulas and Ball Blazer came into being) I couldn't figure out how Activision got to release the titles and not Atari...and would Atari's packaging been any different (although they did get to release a version of rescue on fractulas/ball blazer eventually on cartridge, basically conveted from the activision tape/disk original as part of the XEGS game machine deal)

Huh? What are you talking about? Activision only got the rights for the European market and the released cartridges were converted from the original Epyx disks... Why do you think we got Summer Games on ROM as well?

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Firstly, although i didn't own sprong (Bignose/red rat) i did once own pogotron (sprong, re-released) by gamebusters/artronic, i beleive DTP now has it

Also are you sure that Activision only had the Euro rights to the lucasfilm games, i say that because i clearly remember seeing ad's in Antic/Analog by the various Atari dealers in the US and on the ad's mentioning the lucasfilm titles mentioned previously, they are clearly mentioned as being activision product's not Epyx (i of course am referring to the US version)

Also i rememeber reading an article in the above magazine regarding ball blazer and RoF and again the magazine clearly mentioned that they were activision releases/products not Epyx (i of course am referring to the US version)

Also are you sure that Activision only had the Euro rights to the lucasfilm games, i say that because i clearly remember seeing ad's in Antic/Analog by the various Atari dealers in the US and on the ad's mentioning the lucasfilm titles mentioned previously, they are clearly mentioned as being activision product's not Epyx (i of course am referring to the US version)

Also i rememeber reading an article in the above magazine regarding ball blazer and RoF and again the magazine clearly mentioned that they were activision releases/products not Epyx (i of course am referring to the US version)

No, all Lucasfilm Games titles in Activision packaging come from the UK.

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

Edited by www.atarimania.com

Here is the scan of the label off of my copy of Bio Defense by Tymac (cartridge, possible proto)

I removed the label and placed it into a sports card saver to stop any further damage

Not real pritty label wise, but possibly the only cartridge copy of this game

biodefense.jpg

Nice exotic looking game you have there atari-passion. What's the writing written in?

It looks Arabic but they couldn't of had Atari 8-bits back in the day.

We'll have to get Nir to translate. :)

The word in red at the top left of the cover is definitely "Atari". I don't know what the word in red on the right is, but it looks like "njm".

The word in blue on the bottom right of the cover looks like aktbar, which perhaps can be translated as "great". The word on the left looks like z-k-n-k or z-k-l-k; if it's the latter, it might be castle, so the title might be "great castle", though I doubt it. Alas, my Arabic is too poor and spotty to be of much use here. :(

• 3 months later...

My wife speaks and reads Arabic. She told me that it reads (on top): Atari Star and the title is: Discover Your Intelligence. The other one is called: Book of Information, which makes it the manual. The bottom line on the cartidge is blurry. If you want her to read it, just send or repost the pic.

Take care!

RG

Hmm. Cart-wise, it would be Flip Flop (r9), Bounty Bob (r8) as well as Speedway Blast, Embargo, Pool 400, and Firebird (which are R7-R8 as I recall).

I also have a lot of mint, boxed strategy games like Field of Fire, Napoleon in Russia, Kampfgruppe, Battle of Antiem, Wargame Construction Set, NA Convoy Raider etc. Most of them fetch good money on ebay. I also have a few boxed Infocom games.

Some of my rare games:

The Tale of Beta Lyra (MIB)

Monster Smash (MIB)

Mr Robot and the Robot Factory (MIB)

Flip and Flop

Pastfinder (MIB)

Bristles

Speedway Blast (NIB)

Boulder Dash (Disk and Cart MIB)

Korinis Rift (NIB)

The Eidolon (NIB)

Karateka XE (MIB)

• 2 years later...

I have a few of the cassette games published by Sears. They seem to be fairly rare; anyone else have some of these?

Here's a bump out of nowhere....

I was just looking to see if there were lists of these online, the "Sears Computer Program Library". I've got four of them Oil Wells, Bingo Duel, Target Chase and I forget the name on the fourth tape. Was playing Oil Wells and an old Avalon Hill tape game earlier tonight on my original 1010 with an XEGS I recently acquired....

I have a few of the cassette games published by Sears. They seem to be fairly rare; anyone else have some of these?

Here's a bump out of nowhere....

I was just looking to see if there were lists of these online, the "Sears Computer Program Library". I've got four of them Oil Wells, Bingo Duel, Target Chase and I forget the name on the fourth tape. Was playing Oil Wells and an old Avalon Hill tape game earlier tonight on my original 1010 with an XEGS I recently acquired....

Oh yeah, duh. Baseball is my #4 Sears tape. Anybody have hints to finding these to complete the set?