IGNORED

OSNXL rom image

redman

Hello all,

Does anyone have the 16K rom image for the OSNXL upgrade? I can't find it anywhere on the net. I want to switch between 4 different OS's on an Atari 800XL and I would like to use (1) the original rom, (2) fix xl, (3) Omnimon, and (4) OSNXL. I'm going to burn them all into a 27C512 eprom and use a switch from an old SCSI hard drive to select the OS's. TIA.

Ralph

Hello all,

Does anyone have the 16K rom image for the OSNXL upgrade? I can't find it anywhere on the net. I want to switch between 4 different OS's on an Atari 800XL and I would like to use (1) the original rom, (2) fix xl, (3) Omnimon, and (4) OSNXL. I'm going to burn them all into a 27C512 eprom and use a switch from an old SCSI hard drive to select the OS's. TIA.

Ralph

I have an 800XL with the RamRodXL board in it with OSNXL rom as one of the OS'. I can dump it this evening, if you want, as long as there are no objections from anyone.

Hello all,

Ralph

I thought OSNXL was the OS that contained Omnimon.

Hello all,

Ralph

I wasn't sure if they were separate OS's or not. If they are, then I already have what I need.

Hello all,

Ralph

My memory is very sketchy. Wasn't OSN XL the Fast chip (or something like that)?

- Steve

Edited by a8isa1

Hello all,

Ralph

My memory is very sketchy. Wasn't OSN XL the Fast chip (or something like that)?

- Steve

Hey Steve...how's it going?

You can read all about it here:

http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an25/onmiviewXL.htm

RamRodXL was aboard that allowed you to have and switch between 3 OS's. It came with one, which was OSNXL. OSNXL was 3 things in one, a new OS (OSNXL), enhanced math (FastChip XL) and the hardware monitor (OmniMonXL). This was in one eprom. The second socket could be used for the stock OS (which had to be removed to install the board). Below is a link to the ANALOG magazine writeup on RamRodXL.

RAMROD XL

EDIT... Beat me to it!!! LOL

Edited by Guitarman

Hello all,

Ralph

I have an 800XL with the RamRodXL board in it with OSNXL rom as one of the OS'. I can dump it this evening, if you want, as long as there are no objections from anyone.

I really would like to see the dump of your eprom. I have 2 OmnimonXL images that differ by 2 bytes. If yours matches one of them, then that's the one I should use.

Hello all,

Ralph

- Steve

Hey Steve...how's it going?

You can read all about it here:

http://www.cyberroach.com/analog/an25/onmiviewXL.htm

Good JR. Except for this failing memory of mine. LOL!

I still haven't gotten around to installing the 16-in-1 you burned for me. Living with the 4-in-1.

- Steve

Hello all,

Ralph

Please post the dump when available, thanks!