IGNORED

classic battle atari 8bit vs commodore 64

phuzaxeman

Plain & Simple... Don't use YT. They are owned by the Evil Goo. Avoid them.

YT is part of the Evil Cabal. Here is the proof:

It is much worse than this, but I can't say it here. I *DO* say everything on my BBS.

Connect and learn the truth.

Edit: History WILL prove me correct. This is the sort if thing that SHALL be stopped.

Edited by Kyle22
  • Like 2

The guy in that video is blaming YouTube for something that it couldn't reasonably be expected to police via automated methods, blowing it out of all proportion, and causing woke advertisers to abandon the platform, which will do nothing but hurt independent content creators. And the guy blaming the platform for 'facilitating' this stuff gets up to some pretty shady shit himself, as evidenced in Vee's commentary:

Content creators will end up being held responsible for the comments left under their videos, which is laughably stupid. If he'd just flagged the comments and encouraged others to do likewise, Youtube would have taken appropriate action... but no. He had to start approaching advertisers directly, and in the current climate, that will lead to corporations fleeing the platform like rats leaving a sinking ship.

EDIT: Highlighting the issue to YouTube was the right thing to do, but claiming YouTube is complicit or inactive on the matter was wrong. Watch as the platform hastens its transformation into cable TV.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Like 1

On 2nd thought, recommendations depend on AI.
Remember when Microsoft tested an AI and it became a hate spewing machine that had to be pulled off the internet?
The AI has just learned how to be a pedophile.
This is what happens when you don't spend enough time having people review what an AI is learning.

• Like 1

straight up, the whole AI filter thing has and is a hot mess.... but it is amazing how well they take down record time anything against whatever crap they agree with or support... and equally amazing how long it takes to act against anything else.... If you want to monetize, perhaps choose a platform without all this kind of crap. YouTube is incredibly broken, it is not what it once was. If that hurts the folks who choose to use it, well it's the choice they make. All that other drivel is what it is. As for content creators being responsible... If it's your channel then you can expect to take care of your user feedback and comments. While you certainly should not be the PC police and shouldn't be held responsible for every little comment, YOU SHOULD BE responsible if you allow someone to tell folks a Bomb is headed their way or how to stalk or hurt someone. It's your channel, so you are in control of the content and what you broadcast... No you shouldn't be deleted everyone that has an opinion etc etc.. But let's be honest, you should not be allowing your platform to cause panic and harm. Of course just saying these things can cause outrage and 'harm' as some folks feel you just breathing and farting is killing the planet... You can't win either way. I think choosing some alternatives causes no harm. For some reasons those 'glitches' that only seem to act in one direction, and allow certain things don't happen elsewhere. Until they fix it, don't use it. If a content creator wishes, they can post on multiple sites and leave links to donate or advertise there as well. Besides the particular site in question has demonetized or demonized so many folks, there isn't much to pick from anyway. How many times can we fall for click bate and someones video of someones video of videos posted by others... same clips recycled again and again... very little original content worth seeing. Bottom line, I tried the samething using other subject matter and it did not work... so much for in inadvertent AI being the cause.. I didn't get all videos of toasters no matter how hard I tried! :)

lmfao! come on folks it's okay. spread you videos on all platforms and include your donate pay links if they are allowed. No big deal.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

How the Hell is a content creator with 10,000 videos on their channel supposed to moderate an incessant influx of comments under their videos? If you KNOWINGLY facilitate or fail to flag or report illegal activity in the comments, that's a different matter, but there's a comment flagging/reporting system already in place and it's as easily accessible to viewers as it is to the content creators. The dude in the video could have motivated people to start flagging the illegal material and YouTube would have taken care of it. Of course, thanks to the hyperbole and panic, YouTube are now considering demonetising videos based on the comments beneath them. On the face of it, this makes no sense whatsoever, but of course YT is pandering to corporate users, which makes complete sense from a business perspective.

But the idea that a larger independent content creator can spend all day sifting through tens of thousands of comments in case one of them was written by a pervert is completely ridiculous. Only those sufficiently solvent to hire staff or perhaps recruit a team of volunteers could handle such a task. What most people are going to do is simply disallow comments under their videos, which is most unfortunate, but completely understandable.

I agree that things are a mess, and the fact that platforms are increasingly held to account as if they were publishers is extremely problematic. I wholeheartedly endorse the advice to diversify on other platforms, but they have some way to go before they present YouTube with serious competition (and hopefully that will happen soon).

• Like 4

I guess you need a script to monitor it or if you are so large you have 10,000 videos hire a few folks to help you. or turn off comments. Reporting doesn't mean they are going to take action or remove filter or fix anything. But they sure seem to be able to do it dang near instantly for some content. I understand it's all about money. That's fine, But just because I might make some cash from youtube doesn't mean I have to defend it or what it does. If a person can't mind the store, well they just might lose the store. Officer I can't be responsible for the 100,000 customers that come into my mcburgers store every 8 months, I can't watch them all, therefore I just let them party and wreck the place, whatever happen happens.. I call B.S. you know darn well when inappropriate stuff happens most places do their darndest to prevent, curtail, or put an end to what is going on.

Let's face it the 'flood' of comments isn't all that great even on popular links. I am sure we all know how to scan through comments quickly ignoring certain things and lighting up when see something..... but it doesn't matter, youtube will pick the most destructive and upsetting method to scare folks into thinking they won't get a few dollars so they won't have to do the work. Google/YouTube has more than enough money to handle the programming and even the number of people needed to make a decent show of it. They choose not to. Lord knows how many years tv, radio and cable used to be able to follow the rules, these days that is also going by the way side as well, and they also try to blame the internet and scale of things.

While I don't want censorship. every other platform has moderators, admins and ops to handle their business, some times they make the correct call, sometimes they don't. The people get involved on the big ones and it gets sorted in short order. I think they could figure that out as well

seems reporting a video is way easier than reporting a comment, and it's typist...

I know if I had videos of my kids on youtube, I'd be keeping an eye on it. I might even edit their video if there was something that could be amiss, but if perverts examine every frame to the fraction, well that pervert would be banned and if applicable prosecuted. I guess you just have to have scanners attached to your cerebral cortex these days... or just unplug! that will fix it!

Edited by _The Doctor__

:)

They could have a limited time for comments and then lock them also both channel owner and utube. then you wouldn't have to watch it in perpetuity. Just a final thought. before I say...

There is no battle, the Jay Miner architecture computers won this battle time and time again ;) I'd say in fact the war was won as the series progressed...

• Like 2

YT has used 'not suitable for advertisers' as a form of censorship, political and otherwise. This way they don't look like the bad guy. The videos and channels that tow the line are often enough not blocked. To me this newest development looks like the next stage of censorship. They could easily just block comments or retroactively remove all of a user's comments everywhere, but no they took the wrecking ball approach.

• Like 5

these 'battle' this is better than that threads normally don't last this long and end up locked. It would be funny if instead of hostility about the machines and each other it was locked for something completely outside of the topic, showing just how much people stray from such a played out topic.

Jay Miner Chips and Architecture for the win!

• Like 1

I think I reject the entire premise of the argument. The Atari 800 and 400 were designed to compete with the Apple II, which they did quite nicely...

post-12574-0-45433900-1550965568.jpg

Each of the Atari 8-bit machines that followed were designed to be compatible with those that came before; allowing an Atari XEGS machine to play the same cartridge games that had been manufactured years before. The VIC-20, which came after the initial Atari 8-bit machines, was still inferior; with its only advantage being its sub-$300 price. And then when the C-64 came out two years later, it was incompatible with the VIC-20, and carried a price-tag close to the Atari 8-bits of that time.

Edited by almightytodd
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2007 at 5:40 AM, Rybags said:

R&D - sure, they did plenty of that. The term "vapourware" was probably invented because of Atari. We all remember the Transputer, the Atari Labs stuff, and (one of the biggest mistakes) Atari being the first major company to demonstrate CD-ROM, yet do absolutely nothing about it.

After commenting on one of the Atari programming threads here, I decided that it might be time to rekindle my old love for the Atari 8-bits, and my long-gone Atari 800 ... so I just bought a 1200XL, and have been reading threads here to catch up on the current state of the Atari world.

I'm kinda sorry to necrobump this thread again, particularly for such an old post ... but can anyone point me towards where I can find out more about this Atari demonstration of CD-ROM tech?

My understanding of things was that NEC (PC Engine) and Fujitsu (FM-Towns) were the first major companies to seriously use CD-ROM tech, and I'd love to know when/what Atari were planning.

23 minutes ago, Rybags said:

From memory Compute! covered the CD-Rom and it was probably at a CES in the early ST years so likely sometime at/after late 1985.

Thanks!

That was enough to do a search and find out that it was mentioned in September 1985's Creative Computing, with a follow-up in April 1988's ST Log.

Interesting ... so only the year after Denon & Sony had shown the first CD-ROM technology, and two+ years before the Yellow Book standard was published.

So back in the tech-demo days of CD-ROMs, and well before the drive prices came down enough that Atari would have been in the position to really make a consumer-product out of one.

It's a missed opportunity but maybe questionable if it'd had made a difference.

I remember even around 1993/4 a CD-R drive and sound card being about $400+ as a PC addon.  The likely price if it'd been made an ST peripheral probably would have been over double that.

Back 1988/1989 they were still horribly expensive.

Even the cheapest "cost-reduced" SCSI CD-ROM drive that NEC repurposed for the PC Engine was still well over Atari's $500 price limit ...

34460147373_6b368ed34e_o.jpg

IMHO, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference in the ST-vs-Amiga wars of the time. As soon as the Amiga 500 came out and dropped to close to the ST's price, the ST was pretty-much doomed.

Anyway, sorry for (temporarily) hijacking the thread ... The only comment that I have to add to the original topic is that both were good machines, and the C64 definitely had some advantages when it came to games. But it's not a machine that I have ever wanted to own.

As far as I'm concerned, the Atari is a far more elegant and high-quality design ... for its time.