IGNORED

DC Arcade Emulation

bretthorror

Has anyone figured out how to run arcade games on their DC? I'm dying to try to get Moonwalker, TMNT, The Simpsons and Double Dragon going, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. I tried some single game emulators (with that sbinducer), but they don't seem to work at all.

Don't bother with single game emulators.

Surely, MAME and/or RAINE should have been ported to the DC by now.

Just don't expect every single game, especially the later 3D ones, to work.

So MAME? All right. Is there a certain file type that arcade roms usually go by? I know NES is .NES and Genesis is .Gen.

Has anyone figured out how to run arcade games on their DC? I'm dying to try to get Moonwalker, TMNT, The Simpsons and Double Dragon going, but I just can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated. I tried some single game emulators (with that sbinducer), but they don't seem to work at all.

There is a DC MAME port. Search and you will find it. Burning a bootable disc is somewhat involved though. I downloaded DC MAME about 3 years ago and the emulation was buggy. It may have improved since then.

Alternatively, you can get MAME+games for your DC as a pre-made Diskjuggler image. No complicated setup needed, just download and burn. (This is also true of other emulators, like StellaDC.) Of course the emulator licenses don't allow distributing games with the emulators, so they are most likely only available as a torrent.

• 4 months later...

There was a project called MAME D yes It was MAME on Dreamcast but because of memory limitations development has stopped. There was also WOW MAME the last one by Ian Michael was 80's WOW Pack christmas edition and can be found here:

http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/emulators.htm

as for more modern games running on Dreamcast there have been no new updates on these emulators.

MAME on the DC pretty much stinks. But there are several single and multi-game discs out there for download that work very well. You can find them at the "usual sources". ;)

EDIT: And don't forget about Neo-Geo CD games. There is a boot disc emulator that works great! I don't know if it works with original Neo-Geo CD games, but it does work with copies.

Edited by MCHufnagel