IGNORED

Not sure I trust the buyer (Buyer-Seller Protection Question)

Road_runner

Wow...

Havent been here in a very long time.

Sorry for the long story but this buyer has me thinking.

I recently sold a pair of high end vintage speakers to a buyer (member since 2002) with 100% pos feedback.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...p;rd=1&rd=1

The speakers were carefully packed (as I always do) and are in transit (buyer should receive Monday the 23rd of July.) Some of you guys purchased from me over a year ago and sskatari2000 purchased my final MEGA LOT that he too was happy with all the items I sold him and of course the careful packing. I mean look at all my old feedback from when I sold ATARI a year ago... "Great packing etc..."

Buyer said I should not have packed two heavy speakers together as they will bang into one another in transit and become damaged and destroy the grilles... Hmmm lets see... I cushined each one, after removing and packing the grilles separetely, then boxed each speaker, in tight South American Floral Boxes, then taped both shut so they were nice and tight, then I shrink wrapped them and taped bot together... Hmmm doesn't seem like they will be able to bang one another, then I dumped peanuts into a 24" x 22" x 33.5" high Double Wall Corugated Box, and for final cushioning after topping off about 3" of peanuts at the top, I foled full flap over flap adding the hard cardboard over the top and once taped shut, those speakers did not even move or shift.

So with my description to him the buyer seems to think that even with the care I took to pack his purchase that the items may still be damaged... So I see someone counting the chickens before they were hatched and interesting enough my 99% positive sellers feedback from buyers all say (Great Packing) etc... Also tells me he needs to open the box outside his house. What a jerk. I mean U-Haul sells giant wardrobe boxes through all 35" doors.. I thought that was a standard measurement, maybe the door on this guys house is the size of a closet door.

Anyhow, I am not trusting the buyer fearing he may be pre-meditating a false claim, for example: perhaps he has a pair of the same vintage speakers at home already damaged and wishes to file a claim on my sale... Sorry, I have email proof of our back and forth dialog along with photos (before and after packing) and he clearly leads me to believe that he is planning to do something like a switch maybe? My listing states I’m an anal game collector and I too hate receiving purchases poorly packed. I bought a cell phone and the idiot just dropped it in an envelope… Go figure.

He complained that he has purchased speakers from ebayers that were poorly packaged and received damaged. Interesting... He has not left not ONE single neg or neutral for damaged package and he tells me he has tons of damaged speakers in his basement.

How do I know he won't play a switch on my speakers?

I shipped the items FEDEX and FEDEX will allow me for a $10.00 fee to abort the shipment.

I am willing to REFUND him on the Purchase Price ONLY of $102.50 for the canceled sale... I don't trust him and I am not in the mood for receipt of damaged speakers if that is his game.

The $40.00 that I charged him for shipping was under the actual cost and I politely asked him to send me an additional $10.00 if he didn't mind since the shipping cost more.

Trying to get an answer from ebay and paypel is like pulling teeth. I am afraid PAYPAL will find me wrong for prematyrely ending the delivery even with a refund for the cost of the auction and even with our e mails giving me reason to believe he is out to jerk me.

His reply: "All depends on how the speakers arrive"

Excuse me? I pack stuff so well that the Gorillas in the "American Tourister" comercials could not even damage my contents.

I simply don't trust him and I am not giving him the $40.00 for shipping... I did not take profit from that and it's all in FedEx’s account now.

Maybe he won't even do that but I feel from his e mails like he is planning something and it's relatively easy if one really wanted to play switch on a purchased item and say the item sent was damaged.

Put some kinda non obvious mark on them, that way you can spot it he returns false speakers or not. Record you doing it and where you put the marks to keep as proof. That's my 2 cents.

Thanks, and that's already done but my real question is how do I manage the PAYPAL and EBAY buyer-seller protection since I read theur info but does not come clear with my issue.

The box was shipped FEDEX Ground on Thursday so it's scheduled for Tuesday delivery.

Being that his attitude via e mail is that as carefull as I packed id and calling me a moron for placing both in the same box that they can get damaged.

Not the case as I went as far as atraping the two individual boxes together before placing them in the larger and heavier box with loads of peanuts.

There is no way in hell unless it falls off the back of the truck or a fork lift that I am responsible, and at that point since I doubt as it's a rare occurance.

What I need to know is if I abort the delivery which FEDEX says I can do so by calling the 800 number and making the request.

My wife is saying refund the idiot the shipping and eat the expense and be done with it as he is almost certain they will arrive damaged.

Not in the mood to receive his switched speakers if that is his plan. Can't acuse they guy but his attitude even with his 100% pos feedback leads me to be suspicious.

Thanks

Anyone have a similar experience and was able to cancel a shipment while in transit?

Mark them with invisible ink and take a close up picture of the serial number.

Mention the serial number and post the close up picture of the serial number for your future listings. That will deter any scammer from bidding on your items. I always mention the serial number for most electronics I sell.

Mention the serial number and post the close up picture of the serial number for your future listings. That will deter any scammer from bidding on your items. I always mention the serial number for most electronics I sell.

It's already in transit...It departed Thursday... I cannot mark them anymore than they already are.

It's already in transit...It departed Thursday... I cannot mark them anymore than they already are.

I'm surprised since I have been away from here and ebay for almost a year (selling) that ebay contacted me today in reply to my concerns and they too (at least the person who wrote me) feel that the buyer is suspicious as far as his early judgement on a box that he has not yet received.

They gave me a few options and of courese tell me to call the guy.

I want no BS from the idiot, so I will probably let him receive the box, but even though my auction did not clarify the no return policy (just said NO RETURNS) but I may open an exception this once but I want him to take photos of the box SEALED as it arrives, and step by step pics as he is opening it should he try a bogus claim.

The speakers are marked, so that won't fly and if he files a claim, EBAY says to not refund a dime untill he goods are returned and in my posession for full inspection.

They work and they are 100% and Hendra, ntavio, Sr.Ferraz in Brazil and a few others here purchased from me over a year ago and all know I am a no BS seller who packs well for travel.

Just don't know what's up this guys ass.

Edited by Road_runner