IGNORED

Jaguar Cartridge vs Jaguar CD

A Sprite

I know the CD lib is sparse and has a few stinkers but its get the nod in content..as in more

of.

Clearly though the carts good titles out number the amount of good CD titles. But games like

CyberMorph, IS and HoverStrike turned out to be noticably better on their CD versions than on

their cart counter parts. If Atari was able to keep things alive a little longer we may have seen a

nicer version of AVP on CD.

The CD has too small a library to really make it worthwhile. The CD is good for the VLM, Battlemorph, Primal Rage, and Iron Soldier 2. That's basically it.

Honestly...It's a different weight class...unfair fight.

Like Ali vs Camacho for crying out loud.

• 3 weeks later...

Instead of create a new thread, I decided to post my questions under this one.

Can the cartridge supplement the CD and vice versa? For example:

-Does the cartridge port have the throughput to act as RAM expansion like the Saturn's?

-Using special chips in games like cheap NES MMC chips or SNES Super-FX (maybe the 68020 or MIPS Gorf mentioned)

-Could you make a game on cartridge and then stream the soundtrack from a CD? FMV?

I was just thinking that this allows the Jag some versatility that other consoles of the time didn't have. Most arcade ports could fit onto cartridge pretty easily with some compression (and/or bank switching, but I'm not sure how cost-effective this might have been). This would've also allowed for quick loading times and accesibility to all Jag owners. Jag CD owners could get an enhanced soundtrack and some FMV if they wished. Other games like some RPGs and adventure games would be exclusive to CD.

Also, it would've been pretty easy I think for Jaguar to have a universal RAM cart option much like the N64's RAM expansion pack due to the mass production of Jaguar carts already. Maybe this would've closed the gap graphically between the Saturn, Jaguar, and N64 a little bit more.

Would've, could've, should've.. It makes me sad to speculate in this way, but nostalgia is one of the reasons I've been on the board lately ;)

The CD has too small a library to really make it worthwhile. The CD is good for the VLM, Battlemorph, Primal Rage, and Iron Soldier 2. That's basically it.

Honestly...It's a different weight class...unfair fight.

Like Ali vs Camacho for crying out loud.

Ali vs Camacho!?! :rolling:

Thanks for the chuckle my friend!