IGNORED

Final Fantasy VII Label Variation?

Ok so I just bought a second copy of FFVII, and on the back, the ESRB Descriptor box, it lists "comic mischief, mild animated violence, and mild language" as reasons for Teen rating. However on my other FFVII box it only lists "realistic violence."

What's the deal with this variation? Is there a significant monetary difference between the two, oh and both are black label (non GH)?

EDIT: After some more searching and closely inspecting the game I just bought, I discovered that it is the "missprinted" version. The "i" in "masterpiece" is higher on the back of the case.

Anyone know if the missprint is only associated with one type of ESRB rating description?

Edited by myfriendskiba

My copy of FF7 purchased on release day is the "Realistic Violence" only variant. My guess is the other versions are later print runs.

I don't know about value, but I know there's a gameplay difference on the launch variant. On the earliest issues of the game, you cannot Quadra Summon Knights of the Round.

Well, I can't say for sure, but my guess is that parents complained about the swearing. That game has more cursing than most T-rated games out there, and it wasn't noted on the back of the box. My guess is that several angry moms wrote angry letters to Sony or the ESRB, and they re-issued the game with additional notes on the back.

Who really cares the game was made in Japan and nobody really used the rating systems to begin with. Only this Final Fantasy game was the first one really made in the USA.

I know how you feel I have tons of Games but I see some insignifigant diffrence between them. All I look out for is changes in the original game itself.

Maybe some copies of Final Fantasy VII was missing the the two extra scenes that was in the game and thus they are labeled diffrent in ratings.

Like how some GTA: Vice City games was edited with the original script.

My copy of FF7 purchased on release day is the "Realistic Violence" only variant. My guess is the other versions are later print runs.

I don't know about value, but I know there's a gameplay difference on the launch variant. On the earliest issues of the game, you cannot Quadra Summon Knights of the Round.

I thought you couldn't do that period. It never worked on the PC version, either. I had the non Eidos PC version of the game with the rectangular white box.