IGNORED

CGE 2007 Was very memorable

Well folks:

CGE 2007 Is now officially over, so sad however, it was a success for me, I was able to make history while attending the event, I mad cash for selling some of my stuff, and met some very interesting people too.

I bought some great merchandise as well,

In addition I saw got to play on an Official NES championship 1990 cart, and to obtain a replica too, I made many new connections, and I will always remeber this year it was special.

The funny thing is I took out 400.00 for spending at the event, and got many things, limited carts, rare stuff, sold things, and walked out of there with 431.00?

I made everything I spent back and then some, the auction was hilarious, people bought some cool stuff, but they paid ?@#$ ridiculous amounts of cash to obtain that s...

We had at the end of the show a 50 cent cart floor contest, contest my ass I almost got my arm broken, there were bodies and arms legs etc... flying everywhere, so I screamed like a B.... on purpose to get away from fighting and hurting others to protect my reputation.

All and all it was a blast, I have alot of footage for youtube soon.

Well folks:

CGE 2007 Is now officially over, so sad however, it was a success for me, I was able to make history while attending the event, I mad cash for selling some of my stuff, and met some very interesting people too.

I bought some great merchandise as well,

In addition I saw got to play on an Official NES championship 1990 cart, and to obtain a replica too, I made many new connections, and I will always remeber this year it was special.

The funny thing is I took out 400.00 for spending at the event, and got many things, limited carts, rare stuff, sold things, and walked out of there with 431.00?

I made everything I spent back and then some, the auction was hilarious, people bought some cool stuff, but they paid ?@#$ ridiculous amounts of cash to obtain that s...

We had at the end of the show a 50 cent cart floor contest, contest my ass I almost got my arm broken, there were bodies and arms legs etc... flying everywhere, so I screamed like a B.... on purpose to get away from fighting and hurting others to protect my reputation.

All and all it was a blast, I have alot of footage for youtube soon.

The thing that sucks most, I didn't catch on to the formula on how to get the cart beat till the very end, too late ended up with a little less then 500,000.

Keep in mind I haven't played any of the three games in months :P

This was my first time going to CGE, and it was even better and more fun than I imagined. I bought a ton of stuff I wanted, but nothing too rare or expensive. I had a $200 limit and stuck pretty close to that. The highlights for me were the auction and the Retrotopia party at the Pinball Museum. Getting to meet and talk to John Sohl for a while (and having him sign an Astrosmash cart) was also awesome. The panels were all great, the museum was jaw-dropping, and everyone was super-friendly. Next year I think I need a MUCH bigger budget. =P

Rudy and I sat next to each other at the auction and we hung out for a few minutes on the final day toward the end. No head-to-head contest materialized, but it was good to just meet each other and clear the air. Good to talk with ya, Rudy, and see you next year.

Question for all who attended... (man one time I will attend an event) what kind of Intellivision presence was there at the event? Wondering if anything new appeared or anything exciting was on hand for the Intellivision?

Well there was Intellivision Lives for the DS. And Keith showed be a prototype cartridge shell and it looks like Intellivision carts will be released in the future...

Well there was Intellivision Lives for the DS. And Keith showed be a prototype cartridge shell and it looks like Intellivision carts will be released in the future...

They said that at CGE two years ago when they were demoing the Deep Pockets and Illusions carts. Keith told me to write "carts" on the newsletter signup to get on the waitlist for the first batch. Don't exactly rush things do they?

I didn't attend this CGE, more into Mame cabinets and pinball machines these days. Plus Ca Extreme is two weeks away and local. :)

Rudy and I sat next to each other at the auction and we hung out for a few minutes on the final day toward the end. No head-to-head contest materialized, but it was good to just meet each other and clear the air. Good to talk with ya, Rudy, and see you next year.

Same here pal

I spoke with Keith abot more Intellevision carts, there will be some soon, as well as a new redo of donkey kong, it looked good
I played the new Inty Donkey Kong for a little while, and it was FANTASTIC. Really, really impressive.

Well there was Intellivision Lives for the DS.
I was going to ask Keith about that, but just forgot. They didn't have it out on display, did they? I didn't see anything about it.

A copy of Intellivision Space Patrol (moon patrol clone with additional planets for more variety) was available for play as well, and I showed the Cuttle Cart 3 to a few people.

Space Patrol

http://spatula-city.org/~im14u2c/intv/spteaser/

CC3

http://www.schells.com/cc3.shtml

The museum had quite a large selection of Intellivision stuff on display as well.

Chad

I spoke with Keith abot more Intellevision carts, there will be some soon, as well as a new redo of donkey kong, it looked good
I played the new Inty Donkey Kong for a little while, and it was FANTASTIC. Really, really impressive.

I was going to ask Keith about that, but just forgot. They didn't have it out on display, did they? I didn't see anything about it.

No they didn't?

I had a great time as well and added lots of CIB Intellivision harder to get titles. I actually spent the whole week in Vegas and got to see Rush in concert !

Anytime you get to see your favorite rock band and also get to talk to David Crane in person is a great week in my book.

Edited by Atari2600Lives

Who was the guy at the swap meet on Saturday (in CGE) with all the R8s and R9s? He had a complete copy of Espial, Chase the Chuckwagon, loose Tooth Protectors, and Cubicolor with letter from Rob Fulop. He was looking for trades only.

Homerwannbe (if I spelled it correctly) was showing off his Atlantis II cart with the Imagic letter (which according to him three left in the world).

Edited by Fighter17

Question for all who attended... (man one time I will attend an event) what kind of Intellivision presence was there at the event? Wondering if anything new appeared or anything exciting was on hand for the Intellivision?

There was a working Intellivision computer with a beat-up box that sold for $3000 in the auction. I was considering bidding but when I saw the reserve was $3000 I didn't bother.

y-bot

There was a working Intellivision computer with a beat-up box that sold for $3000 in the auction. I was considering bidding but when I saw the reserve was $3000 I didn't bother.

y-bot

I missed the auction, what atari 2600 stuff sold there?

Who was the guy at the swap meet on Saturday (in CGE) with all the R8s and R9s? He had a complete copy of Espial, Chase the Chuckwagon, loose Tooth Protectors, and Cubicolor with letter from Rob Fulop. He was looking for trades only.

That was me. :D

Edited by DeusExMachina

That was me. :D

Lucky Bastard. ;)

I certainly enjoyed it. Loved the old arcade games, the pinball hall of fame, and especially the museum. Walked in with 300 bucks, and ended up making a few trips to the ATM just to keep money in my wallet!

Walked away with:

Vectrex with Star Trek and Sean Kelly's multicart

Shadow Squadron, 32X

Ninja Golf, Planet Smashers, Midnight Mutants, and Ikari Warriors for 7800

Planet Patrol, Frogger II, Firefly, and Lasercade for 2600

Diner, Space Hawk, and Beauty & the Beast for INTV

Pepper 2 and Burgertime for Colecovision

Sega CD memory card

Heiankyo Alien handheld

A starplex controller and a copy of night driver, won in the CGE keynote

a namco 5 in 1, given to me at the CGE party

Aero Blasters, for turbografx

Bomber Raid, for master system

I also enjoyed meeting a wide array of people, and hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in some time. The number of people interested in the copy of Burgertime: The Movie I brought was kind of surprising-I'm gonna have to see about getting a couple copies made up to mail out!

It was there but not on display

I missed the Donkey Kong. Glad to see they're showing that the intellivision can do a good version of it ;) I did ask about the DS Intellivision Lives, and got to try the prototype. Emulation seemed pretty solid to me-top screen is the game, bottom is the overlay/keypad. Keith said that they're looking for a publisher now, and hope to have the game out by the end of the year.

Edited by ubersaurus

Sega CD memory card

I also enjoyed meeting a wide array of people, and hanging out with friends I hadn't seen in some time. The number of people interested in the copy of Burgertime: The Movie I brought was kind of surprising-I'm gonna have to see about getting a couple copies made up to mail out!

Is the Sega CD memory card some kind of modification for the SCD??

Or is it just a replacement for whatever saves the games on the inside?

And clue me in on this Burgertime movie.....sounds pretty cool.