IGNORED

beef drop! hidden modes

keitaro

Hi, I got a Beef Drop cart. It´s great to see homebrew releases for the 7800. Some colors are a bit different in my PAL 7800, (but in emulation happens the same), but without graphic glitches (some games in PAL 7800 has graphics glitches in bottom of screen). And If a PAL user miss the Atari logo intro, the game has it own Atari age intro. Very nice :)

Congrats for the very good conversion, and maybe It will be a start point to see more games released on cart. There are interesting homebrews, and even hacks (the problem is legal issues).

And a question about hidden modes. The option "MORE" what differences have?

Thanks!

Hi, I got a Beef Drop cart. It´s great to see homebrew releases for the 7800. Some colors are a bit different in my PAL 7800, (but in emulation happens the same), but without graphic glitches (some games in PAL 7800 has graphics glitches in bottom of screen). And If a PAL user miss the Atari logo intro, the game has it own Atari age intro. Very nice :)

Congrats for the very good conversion, and maybe It will be a start point to see more games released on cart. There are interesting homebrews, and even hacks (the problem is legal issues).

Thanks!

I dont remember, but here is a link

www.flipsiderunner.com/7800/beefdropc.html

CV

Edited by Cousin Vinnie

It's kind of hard to really test PAL colors without a PAL console and TV, although I think emulators are gradually getting more accurate in colors. The game autodetects PAL and adjusts the number of scanlines and the game speed accordingly. So PAL users don't get to see or wait on the Atari Logo? I am guessing is because PAL consoles don't have to validate the cartridge signature which takes time? I try to add something a little extra for those that purchase the game. ie. an intro, extra boards, etc.

Thank you.

Thanks!

"More" mode adds 4 more screens after the normal screens.

Sorry again, and "atkins" mode? The manual says is like cheat code, and reset high score when game ends, but I don´t understand very well.

And maybe It´s for that reason that PAL 7800 don´t have the intro logo. But have Asteroids instead. At least in later models. (The mine have Asteriods with © 1989).

• 11 years later...

Is there a way to trigger these modes if you’re using the rom in an emulator, or do you need to have the physical cartridge in an actual 7800?

Have you tried the steps via the respective mapped emulated input(s)?

:ponder:

1. Hold down the 'Pause' button* and turn the console on.
2. Release the 'Pause' button* when the Atari Age logo appears.
3. Press 'Pause' button* to select among the various Atkins, Mirror, Veggy, or More Modes.
| Mirror = Horizontal screen flip | More = Adds 4 more screens (10 different levels total) | Atkins = All Meat | Veggy = No Meat |
Here are the possible options:
Mirror
More
More Mirror
Atkins
Atkins Mirror
Atkins More
Atkins More Mirror
Veggy
Veggy Mirror
Veggy More
Veggy More Mirror