IGNORED

sio2pc(usb) inside a 1050?

yorgle

I'm thinking I'd like to conceal my sio2pc usb inside my 1050 drive. Has anyone ever tried this? What I'm wondering is how to preserve both sio ports on the back of the drive while providing an sio connection to the sio2pc board. Any ideas from the gurus here?

If I'm not mistaken, you can get the SIO2PC-USB with terminals instead of a SIO connector on it. Just install it, making the USB port accessable from the outside and wire the terminals directly to one of the SIO connectors in the drive. I would suggest the same if installing it in an A8 also.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get the SIO2PC-USB with terminals instead of a SIO connector on it. Just install it, making the USB port accessable from the outside and wire the terminals directly to one of the SIO connectors in the drive. I would suggest the same if installing it in an A8 also.

Well, I already have an sio2pc with the sio connector on it but I can simply desolder that and run jumpers to one of the drive's connectors. When you say "wire the terminals directly to one of the sio connectors in the drive" does the drive's connector remain functional. (My system runs a 1027 off the back of second sio connector on the drive).

Well, I already have an sio2pc with the sio connector on it but I can simply desolder that and run jumpers to one of the drive's connectors. When you say "wire the terminals directly to one of the sio connectors in the drive" does the drive's connector remain functional. (My system runs a 1027 off the back of second sio connector on the drive).

Yes it should. You are not disconnecting the SIO, just jumping to it.