IGNORED

Where's a good place to find ST applications in english

I know there was english versions of a lot of the applications you can find on the net, but I'm curious where they'd be...

Does anyone know of any good ftp/http/torrent sites that have ST apps (not games) in english? It took quite a bit of data mining to actually find a copy of GFA-Assembler in english. What I'm looking for is Hisoft FTL-Modula2, Hisoft Forth, the Dragon Group's 4xForth and a few others...

Edited by dwhyte

I know there was english versions of a lot of the applications you can find on the net, but I'm curious where they'd be...

Does anyone know of any good ftp/http/torrent sites that have ST apps (not games) in english? It took quite a bit of data mining to actually find a copy of GFA-Assembler in english. What I'm looking for is Hisoft FTL-Modula2, Hisoft Forth, the Dragon Group's 4xForth and a few others...

As I know currently most is on planetemu.net .

I've checked both those sites... nada...

I've also managed to find the complete tosec set for the ST, and these aren't in there. I see that the ST applications to be found on the net are lacking. There has to be someone out there that has these in their collection. It just seems that noone wants to share...

Oh sorry, didn't read your first post in detail, I didn't realize you were after w4r3z. Well, you're on your own there, can't help

Is that a joke?

Make what you want of it. Last time I heard, discussing about getting illegal software publically is generally not tolerated :)

warez eh? I understand some of HiSoft stuff is still for sale but The Dragon Group's 4xForth shouldn't be... it isn't listed for sale anywhere...

I wish I now had access to the guru that lived up the street's stuff when I was younger, he's the only guy I know that actually bought TurboC without knowing an iota of german. I'm sure he had a copy of 4xForth too, but alas, he's unfindable nowadays....

Not to mention the TimeWorks stuff... what else... Microsoft Word for ST... the tosec set and planetemu are far away from complete and contain mainly european releases... I also wouldn't mind finding the MichTron releases of the GFA stuff...

And if and when I decide to get into ST gaming again, I'd like to see some actual NTSC games, that screen flicker from playing 50Hz games on an SC1224 gives me a headache after about 15 minutes...

Not to mention the TimeWorks stuff... what else... Microsoft Word for ST... the tosec set and planetemu are far away from complete and contain mainly european releases... I also wouldn't mind finding the MichTron releases of the GFA stuff...

I don't know about the specific applications and releases you want, but (once again) there are lots (and I mean literally lots) of applications at planetemu. Of course it is not complete, but it is very far from deserving the "nada" qualification.

And yes, it is mostly european releases because most "sceners" are europeans.

And if and when I decide to get into ST gaming again, I'd like to see some actual NTSC games, that screen flicker from playing 50Hz games on an SC1224 gives me a headache after about 15 minutes...

Please note in the first place, that like it or not, most ST games are designed for 50Hz. Note in second place, that the number of games that have a specific different 60Hz (NTSC) version is extremelly small.

Many games do not run at all on 60Hz. And that's include some releases actually sold in USA. The US distributor included an extra disk to switch the machine to 50Hz, or the game wouldn't run.

Many (but not all) crack menus offer the possibility of switching between 50Hz and 60Hz.

I don't know about the specific applications and releases you want, but (once again) there are lots (and I mean literally lots) of applications at planetemu. Of course it is not complete, but it is very far from deserving the "nada" qualification.

Yeah, I've been surfing planetemu for a couple of years now, but their set hasn't been updated in quite some time. The latest tosec I have (dated 2006, ~13gig) has a few more than planetemu (found my copy of OSS Personal Pascal in it), but there is still so much more that needs to be added. If I had access to actual copies, I would definately be posting them on the web for preservation...

I use my 4MB 1040STe and 8bits every day... My windows machine autostarts into a fullscreen STEem desktop... I actually prefer Atari's for everyday computing... Internet use is delegated to the Mac I bought for the wife...

I picked up a bunch of ST non-game software a few months back that I'll part with fairly inexpensively. Most of it is still boxed but I haven't tested any of it yet. If you're interested I can post a list of what I have.

Mitch

hey buddy i like pascal ,high speed pascal for the atari st

i do have couple of forth disks and i am totally clueless on how to operate the language .

are these of interest????

dragon forth eh? ,

your on your last leg there , never heard of it.

did you see my other post about pascal?

charles.copp@sympatico.ca

All I've found so far is a demo for 4xForth...

269846042.jpg

I found it amazing that the developer's version of this was $500 back-in-tha-day... T'would be nice also to find a copy of Abacus' Forth/MT on the web as well...

Edited by dwhyte

• 1 month later...
Oh sorry, didn't read your first post in detail, I didn't realize you were after w4r3z. Well, you're on your own there, can't help

If you want to get technical planet emu is a warez site, as over 99% of it's software is copyrighted!! But IMHO I don't care. This platform is over 20 years old and the way I see it it should all be PD by now...

If you want to get technical planet emu is a warez site, as over 99% of it's software is copyrighted!! But IMHO I don't care. This platform is over 20 years old and the way I see it it should all be PD by now...

Great! Can anyone post the latest HDDriver then? Or maybe Dr. Seimet himself along with the full sources so we can enhance our Falcon fixes?

Anyone?

No?

Thought so

• 1 month later...

Great! Can anyone post the latest HDDriver then? Or maybe Dr. Seimet himself along with the full sources so we can enhance our Falcon fixes?

Anyone?

No?

Thought so

If HDDriver is 20 years old and not updated it should be PD, but AFAIK it is still supported so it does not pertain to my comments.

I bought HDDRIVER, is that ok with you?, i also bought lots of stuff out of ebay, so what?, the point is most of the stuff for the st is death, cold as ice... By the way i have a copy of lattice c 3.04 how can i upgrade to lattice 5?, is the hisoft modula package still on sale? thanks for the info.

are you after stuff like word pro's or spreadsheet stuff or only programing apps?

I use my 4MB 1040STe and 8bits every day... My windows machine autostarts into a fullscreen STEem desktop... I actually prefer Atari's for everyday computing... Internet use is delegated to the Mac I bought for the wife...

It's funny that you bring this up! The family just upgraded to a new P4 system. so you know what that means.

I got the handme down PIII system. hooked it up in the basement, delete almost all the junk on it.

Allmost every thing! put Steem in the startup folder. And I'm all set to go. :D

-rick