IGNORED

SV-328 Hardware

Tempest

Does anyone know how much of the hardware for the SV-328 listed on this page was actually released?

http://www.samdal.com/svperipherals.htm

Also, does anyone know where I can find hardware and software for the SV-328? I'd like to get more items for this really obscure computer.

Tempest

I'm pretty sure I used to have the cassette drive when I had an SV-328. It's the one that's in the CGE Museum now.

y-bot

Does anyone know how much of the hardware for the SV-328 listed on this page was actually released?

Also, does anyone know where I can find hardware and software for the SV-328? I'd like to get more items for this really obscure computer.

Tempest

I'm pretty sure I used to have the cassette drive when I had an SV-328. It's the one that's in the CGE Museum now.

y-bot

Yep, that's about the only thing that I can confirm exists (I have one coming my way). Do you still have any of your old SV-328 stuff?

Tempest

Sorry that I can't point you in the direction to any of that stuff but thanks for the link there. That's some fascinating info. I would also like to acquire some of that stuff as well. It's a shame they got so overlooked here in the States.

Tempest

y-bot

Yep, that's about the only thing that I can confirm exists (I have one coming my way). Do you still have any of your old SV-328 stuff?

Tempest

Nope, I traded it all to Joe Santulli for APF MP100 and Astrocade stuff.

y-bot

Sorry that I can't point you in the direction to any of that stuff but thanks for the link there. That's some fascinating info. I would also like to acquire some of that stuff as well. It's a shame they got so overlooked here in the States.

Good luck finding any of it. I'm getting the system and tape drive from another collector for something equally as rare (a Videobrain), but even he said that he hasn't seen much SV-318/328 stuff.

Tempest

Here's the SV-328 system that I got about 7 years ago at a flea market. One thing I noticed about this system when I brought it out for this photo is how many weird proprietary parts there are. There are special connectors for the tape drive, A/V out, and P/S (16 VAC & 8 VAC out). At least it takes standard Atari 2600 joysticks.

I have a few very basic cassette games for it, and it does have a cartridge port. I'll have to check online to see if there are any options for doing a tape file or some other way of getting abandonware for this system.

Check out the leaflet that was an addition to the owners manual and the bit about "...You are the most important component of your new computer system". Heh! User empowerment :cool:

IMG_2711.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

Good luck finding any of it. I'm getting the system and tape drive from another collector for something equally as rare (a Videobrain), but even he said that he hasn't seen much SV-318/328 stuff.

Tempest

Wonderful. I was afraid of that. :( I rarely see any of it on Ebay, not that I look constantly, but when I do see any it's usually in Europe.

My guess is that at least some of it was released.

I have a Coleco game adapter, so it was released for sure. I've seen disks for the Spectravideo, so there must be a diskdrive. I think most of the joysticks have been released too.

Tapes are not that difficult to get, but it's hard to find the cartridges. I bought most of my Spectravideo stuff on ebay. Some of the stuff is from collector meetings here in Europe and I even found a single tape on a flea market once. I've listed some tapes on ebay yesterday, but I'm not sure if there are any PAL/NTSC problems with the Spectravideo.

Jens

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just thought I'd let you know that I know for a fact that the 902 diskdrive, the 605 super expander, the 903 cassette player, the SV-807 64K RAM Pack and the SV-806 80-column display cart were released. I just bought at looooot of stuff and those were in the bunch of goodies I got.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just thought I'd let you know that I know for a fact that the 902 diskdrive, the 605 super expander, the 903 cassette player, the SV-807 64K RAM Pack and the SV-806 80-column display cart were released. I just bought at looooot of stuff and those were in the bunch of goodies I got.

That's excellent. Can you post some pictures of this stuff? I'd love to finally get to see some of these obscure items. And of coarse if you feel the urge to part with those items I'd be happy to take them off your hands. ;)

Ok, here are some pictures for starters. I have some more but haven't been able to dig them out to take pictures of them yet, will update as soon as I get some good pics.

First three pics are of the 605 Super Expander. Front, back and inside.

Then is the SVI-318 and then two pictures of the 80 column card and then a picture of the 64K RAM expansion. Enjoy :)

post-3720-1236537993_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538012_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538021_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538025_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538043_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538047_thumb.jpg

post-3720-1236538050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trooper

Ok, here are some pictures for starters. I have some more but haven't been able to dig them out to take pictures of them yet, will update as soon as I get some good pics.

First three pics are of the 605 Super Expander. Front, back and inside.

Then is the SVI-318 and then two pictures of the 80 column card and then a picture of the 64K RAM expansion. Enjoy :)

That is truly beautiful. I want it all. :lust:

Glad you like them :) I'll try to snap some pictures of the Diskdrive and also some of the games when I dig far enough down the pile of stuff :)

I thought the SV318 had a chiclet keyboard?

Is this a mis-labeled unit? A replacement keyboard? Or did Spectravideo sell the 318 with the full keyboard in some markets?