IGNORED

Game PANG for A8?

Heaven/TQA

Game is coded by TeBe (coder of Dynablaster), graphics by Vidol (also known from Dynablaster) and music by sTRing (creator of music in Klony, Sudoku Sweep).

Sample game engine was shown at Glucholazy. The game will require at least 3 banks of ext-memory. Game speed will be about 25fps (one phase will go every second frame). Now the game look "as is" (or as shown at the link above), there's still lack of game-panel and a dozen or so backgrounds. The music and SFX are now ready. So (as i always say)...

STAY TUNED! :D

Well... i try :)

Another clone of well known game Asteroids, which will be done by an American atarian nicked tjb. The last news about the game are from october 2006, but before the autor became silent, he has done a lot of work (what was shown on the videos), there's only lack of sounds. The game will be available for 8-bit and 5200 machines. Tjb has made some videos of working game and Lord Helmet has even done the labels for carts and boxes. The game is better conversion that the ones existing already for 8-bit atari. There's done a lot with the game and the there's great chance of completing it.

Edited by miker

Well... i try :)

Another clone of well known game Asteroids, which will be done by an American atarian nicked tjb. The last news about the game are from october 2006, but before the autor became silent, he has done a lot of work (what was shown on the videos), there's only lack of sounds. The game will be available for 8-bit and 5200 machines. Tjb has made some videos of working game and Lord Helmet has even done the labels for carts and boxes. The game is better conversion that the ones existing already for 8-bit atari. There's done a lot with the game and the there's great chance of completing it.

Thanks Miker! I guess it has been some time since I posted anything about the game. I've still been working on it here and there and still plan on releasing it. I guess I stopped actively posting about it because there seemed to be little interest in the game.

tjb

Shortly: very little chances for completing Time Pilot (done a little) and Boinxx (done very little). Hehe, i didn't even know about TP). And a bit more chances regarding Beyond Evil.

Sorry, i'm getting lazy... ;)

Edited by miker

Interesting page. I've recently thought that Pang would be a good game to do on the 8-bit. It's a fun arcade game. Simple and addictive. I believe the arcade game is AKA Buster Bros.?

Shouldn't Bubble Bobble be on that page too?

There's no final version yet. The one with that colorful screen also doesn't exist (it was an experiment done on Graph2Font by some gfxman (Gonzo). After losing the sources (and recovering some older ones) the game looks more or less as the most recent versions (which was posted somewhere on a-age) but there's lack of some FX (and that lousy hang-up bug is still present). Well - the project is not dead, it just fell asleep. ;)

There's no final version yet. The one with that colorful screen also doesn't exist (it was an experiment done on Graph2Font by some gfxman (Gonzo). After losing the sources (and recovering some older ones) the game looks more or less as the most recent versions (which was posted somewhere on a-age) but there's lack of some FX (and that lousy hang-up bug is still present). Well - the project is not dead, it just fell asleep. ;)

Hmmm... alright. Well, at least he was able to recover the older souces. I do have the one that was posted last on AA, and also one from Fandal's site (I think).

In the two version that I have the title screen music is different, and one of them has the sfx during gameplay.

I guess I stopped actively posting about it because there seemed to be little interest in the game.

It seems that's not true :)

Agreed! I have always wanted to see a good version of Asteroids for the A8. Atari's choice of porting their 2600 version directly to the A8 was the epitome of cheapness.

Probably the reason there didn't seem to be much interest to you (tjb) is because the "Atari 5200 / 8-bit Programming" forum isn't used frequently by most members. I wish it was used more, but I guess people who aren't programmers think that it's only for programmers.

Cool, there are a lot of games in development. I hope some of the get completed!

I'd prefer to call it "Atari dream page" ;-)

One really can see, what is fiction and what is a real game project.

If there weren't some little count of good games already, one could think that the A8 is a system of dreamers...not capable of what those are saying.

Heck, while "Pang" is not fully possible on the A8. A Defender of the Crown could easily loke like a16bit version. .... without "dreaming"...

• 1 year later...