IGNORED

My situation continued!

Atarimania75

. I would like to just let some of the people that think i brought this on myself know that the messages weren't ignored it was more like I never had time to log in and read them. I have no time on those work days to do anything but eat, drink, and sleep. At the moment i am in a bit of a state of depression dealing with this whole Pepsi Invaders crap........Yes i am still dealing with this. I may not ever see that money back in my pocket because they can't seem to locate the seller. So here i am trying to sell some of my stuff to get some money back from the big mistake of a purchase and i end up with another problem. I can't win these last few months. I don't want to get into this stupid feedback discussion its an optional thing .........the only thing i would say is wrong is retalitory and non deserved negatives. I don't think someone who doesn't have much experience with selling should be criticizing a long term seller about how he leaves feedback unless i go around handing out negatives to everyone for no reason. This had nothing to do with the question as to whether i was dealing with the buyer in the way others would. I did wish i had the chance to read the buyer's emails earlier but i didn't. For those 4 days i am working 12hrs one day runs into the other.....its a long night.....a sucky time 6p.m to 6 a.m. and i can't get any mailing done and stuff like that because the post office don't work with my sleep schedule. Do you realize i need traveling time to get home? Time to bathe or shower? Time to eat? Maybe one of those days i have to shop for food? I am sorrry i don't have a laid back lifestyle like some of you that have time to sit on computer criticicizing people all day. I end up reading my newest mail first so how do you think i felt getting home from a 12 hour shift and reading that message first thing. And the other messages weren't the nicest either i will try and post so you don't think i am trying to be one sided. One of them accuses me of doing a reseal job on the game. I never imagined that that thread would end up a locked one. So Christopher Sly and Bytor if u think i asked for the whole situation that is your opinion and yet its what i asked for. At least you stayed on track and didn't go much into a whole feedback discussion which had nothing to do with the post. DreamTr i responded to you when i had the chances with your best offers and as far as buying stuff from you and getting it cheap that was by bidding and not buy it nows. I have sold things cheap with auctions in this means but i wasn't doing them a favor it was just they got lucky that no one else bid on it. When u set things up at best offer thats when u have control of who gets the item and for how much....you have more control over what u get for it. Sometimes when things like that are put up you want to wait a day or two to see what other offers you get. I do think u understand that......and sometimes i don't worry about looking at them when i am on my work schedule. I have no problem with you as a person, seller, or buyer......I have always had good transactions with you. I think most of you guys are awesome on these forums but some people are just around to make others look bad............I have no idea if its jealousy, boredom or what it is. If you knew what kind of person i was in everyday life with the people who surround me i don't think some of you would be making some of the comments you did. I was accused of not thanking the buyer for his purchase in the beginning and yet the shipping notification was right in the post i included. Jetset i think we all know your thoughts about feedback and believe me you are not going to change my mind at all about i handle my feedback so i ask you to stay out of my thread if thats all you are going to talk about.

. I would like to just let some of the people that think i brought this on myself know that the messages weren't ignored it was more like I never had time to log in and read them. I have no time on those work days to do anything but eat, drink, and sleep. At the moment i am in a bit of a state of depression dealing with this whole Pepsi Invaders crap........Yes i am still dealing with this. I may not ever see that money back in my pocket because they can't seem to locate the seller. So here i am trying to sell some of my stuff to get some money back from the big mistake of a purchase and i end up with another problem. I can't win these last few months. I don't want to get into this stupid feedback discussion its an optional thing .........the only thing i would say is wrong is retalitory and non deserved negatives. I don't think someone who doesn't have much experience with selling should be criticizing a long term seller about how he leaves feedback unless i go around handing out negatives to everyone for no reason. This had nothing to do with the question as to whether i was dealing with the buyer in the way others would. I did wish i had the chance to read the buyer's emails earlier but i didn't. For those 4 days i am working 12hrs one day runs into the other.....its a long night.....a sucky time 6p.m to 6 a.m. and i can't get any mailing done and stuff like that because the post office don't work with my sleep schedule. Do you realize i need traveling time to get home? Time to bathe or shower? Time to eat? Maybe one of those days i have to shop for food? I am sorrry i don't have a laid back lifestyle like some of you that have time to sit on computer criticicizing people all day. I end up reading my newest mail first so how do you think i felt getting home from a 12 hour shift and reading that message first thing. And the other messages weren't the nicest either i will try and post so you don't think i am trying to be one sided. One of them accuses me of doing a reseal job on the game. I never imagined that that thread would end up a locked one. So Christopher Sly and Bytor if u think i asked for the whole situation that is your opinion and yet its what i asked for. At least you stayed on track and didn't go much into a whole feedback discussion which had nothing to do with the post. DreamTr i responded to you when i had the chances with your best offers and as far as buying stuff from you and getting it cheap that was by bidding and not buy it nows. I have sold things cheap with auctions in this means but i wasn't doing them a favor it was just they got lucky that no one else bid on it. When u set things up at best offer thats when u have control of who gets the item and for how much....you have more control over what u get for it. Sometimes when things like that are put up you want to wait a day or two to see what other offers you get. I do think u understand that......and sometimes i don't worry about looking at them when i am on my work schedule. I have no problem with you as a person, seller, or buyer......I have always had good transactions with you. I think most of you guys are awesome on these forums but some people are just around to make others look bad............I have no idea if its jealousy, boredom or what it is. If you knew what kind of person i was in everyday life with the people who surround me i don't think some of you would be making some of the comments you did. I was accused of not thanking the buyer for his purchase in the beginning and yet the shipping notification was right in the post i included. Jetset i think we all know your thoughts about feedback and believe me you are not going to change my mind at all about i handle my feedback so i ask you to stay out of my thread if thats all you are going to talk about.

"I never had time..."

:ponder:

I have a good suggestion for you, considering you have such a busy schedule, stop selling! I mean that, really, and not in a mean way whatsoever. I pretty much did the same thing a long time ago. It will make you feel so much better, and if you want to feel even better, stop looking at ebay all together. ;)

Can i ask you what that means? I get to listen to alarms 12 hrs a night......and i am completely drained when i get home. Now you want to be a smart ass and start something to get this post locked as well? I have 4 days off and thats when i do have time for this stuff. So i have pleanty of time for people that are trying to make trouble. I have been selling very few items on ebay because of the whole situation i am still dealing with i have had very little energy for anything.

I have a good suggestion for you, considering you have such a busy schedule, stop selling! I mean that, really, and not in a mean way whatsoever. I pretty much did the same thing a long time ago. It will make you feel so much better, and if you want to feel even better, stop looking at ebay all together. ;)

Its headed that way man! Thats a wise comment to my thread.........and doesn't lead me to more headaches and i thank you very much for it.

Shawn

Its headed that way man! Thats a wise comment to my thread.........and doesn't lead me to more headaches and i thank you very much for it.

Shawn

Oh yeah? Well you know what I got to say to that? I say go fuck your hat Sheehan ;):P

I couldn't have said it better myself. Ebay is a time whore. I pretty much gave up on selling and I feel better for it... and I don't consider myself to have a busy lifestyle (I have time to relax in the evenings for the most part and it's not all work eat sleep). Ebay is full of people looking to make money, and while there's nothing wrong with that, there is a certain element of wrong doers willing to go to illegal means to make that money.

I plan on selling and/or buying through AtariAge in the future... :)

I too mean this in the most NON-mean way whatsoever.

Shawn

Oh yeah? Well you know what I got to say to that? I say go fuck your hat Sheehan ;):P

I hate hats LMAO even now when i could be on one of the before pictures on the hair commercials. :(

Edited by Atarimania75

I don't think someone who doesn't have much experience with selling should be criticizing a long term seller about how he leaves feedback unless i go around handing out negatives to everyone for no reason.
Why not? Buying and selling are just two sides of the same coin.

I would like to just let some of the people that think i brought this on myself know that the messages weren't ignored it was more like I never had time to log in and read them.
From the buyer's perspective, there is really no fundamental difference here. I hope you can see that.

I did wish i had the chance to read the buyer's emails earlier but i didn't. For those 4 days i am working 12hrs one day runs into the other.....its a long night.....a sucky time 6p.m to 6 a.m. and i can't get any mailing done and stuff like that because the post office don't work with my sleep schedule. Do you realize i need traveling time to get home? Time to bathe or shower? Time to eat? Maybe one of those days i have to shop for food? I am sorrry i don't have a laid back lifestyle like some of you that have time to sit on computer criticicizing people all day.
I'm sorry, but none of these justifications absolve you of the responsibility of timely communication with your buyers. Four days is unacceptable. Period.

Ebay is an addiction,it cannot be stopped :skull:

Atarimania: I agree we have had good transactions, but like I said, it's the whole "response" thing that everyone else is gong to be after....it's just the way the whole deal is with people.

Anyways, as long as jetset stays out of this thread, we'll be fine. I just can't stand anymore comments about how everyone rips off everyone according to someone who never sells on eBay. He's never going to buy anything from me on eBay ever again with his attitude, and I hope others follow suit. He is the type of buyer that many of you on these forums should be worried about...

Phantom: Check your PMS, I think we agree on what we both said ! :cool:

I don't think someone who doesn't have much experience with selling should be criticizing a long term seller about how he leaves feedback unless i go around handing out negatives to everyone for no reason.
Why not? Buying and selling are just two sides of the same coin.

I would like to just let some of the people that think i brought this on myself know that the messages weren't ignored it was more like I never had time to log in and read them.
From the buyer's perspective, there is really no fundamental difference here. I hope you can see that.

I did wish i had the chance to read the buyer's emails earlier but i didn't. For those 4 days i am working 12hrs one day runs into the other.....its a long night.....a sucky time 6p.m to 6 a.m. and i can't get any mailing done and stuff like that because the post office don't work with my sleep schedule. Do you realize i need traveling time to get home? Time to bathe or shower? Time to eat? Maybe one of those days i have to shop for food? I am sorrry i don't have a laid back lifestyle like some of you that have time to sit on computer criticicizing people all day.
I'm sorry, but none of these justifications absolve you of the responsibility of timely communication with your buyers. Four days is unacceptable. Period.

How did it turn into four days???? Anyway i am sorry we aren't all as perfect as you. Selling and buying are 2 very different things so before you go any further make sure you understand that man. The way you climb onto this post i am sure your a real joy to deal with. People do go on vacations in the summer as well.......i guess if i was gone away for 2 days and u had purchased in item from me i would have the police waiting at more door because i sold you a sealed game that didn't work?? Some of you guys are truly ridiculous with you buyers perspective............sorry i don't get down and kiss your feet or something for buying a game off me or something...........truly ridiculous a lot of things could have occured like right now i am on my laptop because my desktop dsl connection isn't working .......i think there is something else wrong when a buyer ends up going into a rage when not answered within an hour. Do i need to have steel bars on my windows and door? Do i need to be chained to my computer chair so i can answer your question that second? I swear some of you buyers want us to act like slaves rather than sellers .......I can't have a damn life because i sell something on ebay??? I am going to hell because i won't leave possitvie feedback for someone i don't know? LMAO u guys are hysterical honestly.

Atarimania: I agree we have had good transactions, but like I said, it's the whole "response" thing that everyone else is gong to be after....it's just the way the whole deal is with people.

Anyways, as long as jetset stays out of this thread, we'll be fine. I just can't stand anymore comments about how everyone rips off everyone according to someone who never sells on eBay. He's never going to buy anything from me on eBay ever again with his attitude, and I hope others follow suit. He is the type of buyer that many of you on these forums should be worried about...

You know, I was going to stay out. Maybe bacaue I blocked you from PM'ing me you feel the need to call me out in the open here.

Don't like it when I call a spade a spade? Tough.

Personally, I'm sick of you little trolls who are only here so you can advertise and defend your selling practices on ebay.

Do us all a favor and go post somewhere else.

And not everyone rips people off on with shipping charges on ebay. Only certain people. Like YOU.

Like I said before I was taking the high road in not mentioning how you charged TRIPLE the actual shipping cost. Pretty foul no matter how you lie through your teeth about overhead and try to justify it.

EDIT:

I hope you and Phantom enjoy each other in PMville whining about me. I blocked him from PM'ing me LOOOOOOONG ago.

Edited by jetset

You know, I was going to stay out. Maybe bacaue I blocked you from PM'ing me you feel the need to call me out in the open here.

Personally, I'm sick of you little trolls who are only here so you can advertise and defend your selling practices on ebay.

And not everyone rips people off on ebay. Only certain people. Like YOU.

Like I said before I was taking the high road in not mentioning how you charged TRIPLE the actual shipping cost. Pretty foul no matter how you lie through your teeth about overhead and try to justify it.

You are pushing your luck jetset, I defended you once in the moderator forum, now after your insulting posts towards one of the bigger collectors out there, I won't do it again.

I have an item for some of you to bid on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290146901933

And not everyone rips people off on ebay. Only certain people. Like YOU.

You are pushing your luck jetset, I defended you once in the moderator forum, now after your insulting posts towards one of the bigger collectors out there, I won't do it again.

I have an item for some of you to bid on:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290146901933

How am ***I*** pushing my luck when I was called out in this thread? Al locked the other one because of the arguing. Now it's ok for this guy but not me?

Edited by jetset

Jetset: I PMed you to try to resolve a situation, but you keep hurling insults and now keep calling me a "troll" for some reason as to defend my selling practices? I am not the person in discussion here, this thread is not about what you think of the way anyone does business, but you made it a point in the last atarimania thread about how everyone rips everyone off with shipping, and that had nothing to do with the thread in general. It brought up a matter in regards to what many people think of buyers that have this notion that they are always in the right, which is not the case.

We can state our point here, which is what we did, and your name was directed as someone we would rather not do business with. There is such a thing as a "bad" buyer, and we were merely reiterating this in both threads.

Again, we don't call you names, but you seem to get this idea about other people when you know absolutely nothing about this. A little research on your part would have steered you to stay away from my auctions completely if you were so opposed to any type of shipping cost issues you have with me. Like I said, my prices are more than fair for shipping, materials, and time that I have to pay someone to do my stuff since I work 40-50 hrs per week, but this is not the topic of this thread. I just don't like being insulted by someone who talks about the same shipping issues about eBay sellers over and over again, and then calls members of forums names as a defensive tactic.

You blocked me from PMing you, you insulted me, you are blocked from bidding on my items, simple as that. I encourage anyone else to do the same if they feel this way about any bidder that may cause an uncomfortable situation.

Atarimania: What happened as of late? Is the buyer returning the item? Are you offering a full refund?

I had every intention of letting this drop. I had no plans to reply here until you called me out.

Phantom: Check your PMS, I think we agree on what we both said !

So you didnt call me a troll, but you still insulted me. I blocked you from PM also so as to drop it.

And, I knew your ebay ID when I bid. I mentioned having a wordpad document in another thread of people I wont buy from, but honestly it was something I saw, wanted, and considered not bidding, but thought it might be an olive branch of sorts. If I'm such a bad guy would I have left you such a pleasant positive?

Like I said, my intent was to let this drop. Lets see if you can be big enough to do the same.

How did it turn into four days????

For those 4 days i am working 12hrs one day runs into the other...

You tell me.

Anyway i am sorry we aren't all as perfect as you. Selling and buying are 2 very different things so before you go any further make sure you understand that man. The way you climb onto this post i am sure your a real joy to deal with. People do go on vacations in the summer as well.......i guess if i was gone away for 2 days and u had purchased in item from me i would have the police waiting at more door because i sold you a sealed game that didn't work?? Some of you guys are truly ridiculous with you buyers perspective............sorry i don't get down and kiss your feet or something for buying a game off me or something...........truly ridiculous a lot of things could have occured like right now i am on my laptop because my desktop dsl connection isn't working .......i think there is something else wrong when a buyer ends up going into a rage when not answered within an hour. Do i need to have steel bars on my windows and door? Do i need to be chained to my computer chair so i can answer your question that second? I swear some of you buyers want us to act like slaves rather than sellers .......I can't have a damn life because i sell something on ebay??? I am going to hell because i won't leave possitvie feedback for someone i don't know? LMAO u guys are hysterical honestly.
You just don't seem to get it, do you? No matter how extreme a portrait of a busy life you create, your not going to earn a free pass to treat your buyers like crap, and you certainly won't garner anyone's pity.

And please cease your childish attempts to portray everyone who doesn't agree with you as extremists who are unfairly persecuting you. Get over yourself! And don't lecture me about the difference between buying and selling. I've done plenty of both. Like I already said, they're just two sides of the same coin. As such, it's simply a non sequitur to suggest that anyone is precluded from commenting on one or the other.

And as for climbing on to this post... What are you talking about? You solicited these opinions, did you not? :?

Atarimania did nothing wrong.

His buyer went overboard, four days is not excessive to wait for a reply from a non-full-time seller.

Those trying to put all the blame on him are indeed being trolls; I for one am done falling for it. That goes for arguing about "hostage" feedback as well.

Shawn

Hey heres an idea, just cut back on the volume of stuff you sell. I have learned myself that selling about 5 to 10 items at a time is my own personal limit before I start to get in over my head. I work close to 70 hours a week in the summer. Just put 5 items up, sell them, then a few weeks later put 5 more up. All these games are 20+ years old so there is really no rush, the prices shouldn't change to drastically. With the volume of stuff you have you could actually pull a Sly move and sit on certain items until the demand is high then name your price. You don't need to move all this stuff overnight man, you have already sold quite a bit as well. Take a few weeks off and just sell an item or two here and there for a while, the summer months are slow anyways and you will get less money right now. Just my take on helping you with your stress levels, remember high stress is not a joke, it WILL kill you over time. Is it really worth that?

The problem is simple; buyers do not understand the fact that sellers are not there for their behalf to accomodate and serve them. Sellers are offering to sell THEIR whatever it is. It's perfectly within their right to set whatever kind of price, restrictions, conditions they want. Just because a potential buyer is interested in buying something in no way whatsoever gives them any inherent right to buy it or expect/demand that the sale should be conducted as per their desires. Thats the way it works when your talking about "someone elses" stuff that "isn't yours" to dictate how/what to do with. If a potentional buyer doesn't like it, they need to move on.

Unfortuantly, too many buyers are what we could call, ummm, selfish, and choose to believe that sellers exist only to satisfy their buying needs and have no (or should have any) say in the matter. With that said; To the buyers out there, it's not like lending tree. Sellers aren't there competing over you for the privilege of being the one to make the sale. Being an auction, it's actually the other way around, like it or not. Buyers that wish to pretend that it's their place to set the terms need to stick with haggling in the flea markets and garage sales, not wasting time and causing trouble in a marketplace that by it's own design does not support their methodology.

Edited by Artlover

Wow.. I haven't been on here in literally ages.. and so the infighting continues...

Anyhow, just to put my 2 cents in, I feel CPUWiz is correct on cutting back with the eBay selling, if not stopping entirely. Get your rest, Atarimania, and when the time is right, you can start up again. Buyers do not understand your schedule... most of them feel that when they buy something, you will get it to them right away, and be very responsive with their emails. Its just the way it is on ePain.

Wow.. I haven't been on here in literally ages.. and so the infighting continues...

Anyhow, just to put my 2 cents in, I feel CPUWiz is correct on cutting back with the eBay selling, if not stopping entirely. Get your rest, Atarimania, and when the time is right, you can start up again. Buyers do not understand your schedule... most of them feel that when they buy something, you will get it to them right away, and be very responsive with their emails. Its just the way it is on ePain.

Once an auction is completed, there are obligations on both sides and both sides need to communicate, and promptly. The buyer pays, the seller ships. I'm sure there are sellers who at four days would file a non-paying bidder complaint, leave neg feedback and relist. And if I paid promplty for something - which I always do, often immediately after auction close - I would become rather upset if the seller did not communicate with me to acknowledge receipt and/or shipment of my purchase.

It's really rather simple.

And if a seller doesn't have the time to attend to an auction properly, then don't make the listing.

Those trying to put all the blame on him are indeed being trolls; I for one am done falling for it.
Oh, yes, I'm a rotten little troll... I mean, it wasn't like my assessment of this situation was actively solicited or anything. :roll:

Of course, you, Atarimania75, Phantom, and whoever else aren't content to simply take it or leave it. You have to get all defensive and go on the attack and level your childish ad hominems at me and everyone else who holds a contrary opinion.

Look, if you or Atarimania75 or whoever else don't like what I have to say on this subject, I really couldn't care less. But no one should expect to be able to come in to these forums and receive unconditional succor in their efforts to justify and exonerate their behavior in a situation that they bear, at least, some responsibility for without someone holding them to account for their side of it.