IGNORED

Bioshock Demo Now Available

Albert

Holy crap, I've never seen a demo take this long to snag.

Everyone and their brother must have kicked this off before they went to bed. *sigh*

EDIT : Oops the issue was my session was stopped.

I wound up downloading this demo,and let me tell you...It's incredible. The 30's art deco is great. The game play is smooth. Jeeze, there's too many great games coming one after the other. The wallets gonna be starving soon.

Edited by moycon

I'll be trying this tonight, assuming the download finished (I didn't check this morning).

You shouldn't have any issues. The problem I had I was playing Band of Bugs and was playing online creating matches. At some point a message popped up saying that the download for BioShock had stopped and I just figured it would start back up again by itself but apparently it didn't. I was stuck at 26%. After I kicked it back off again it didn't take any longer than usual.

I hope this game isn't another Prey where the graphics are kick ass but the game itself takes like 7 hours to beat. I wonder if this game is going to have any sort of online play.

I was a little worried that the combat would be too hard, what with all the different things to do and use. I like the setup with the left and right triggers though. It's pretty easy to get the hang of. Anybody else here digging how they hid the audio diaries all around. I like games where you can take your time and search through the nooks and crannies and find more immersive stuff. It's one of the reasons the elder scrolls games suck me right in.

I like games where you can take your time and search through the nooks and crannies and find more immersive stuff. It's one of the reasons the elder scrolls games suck me right in.

Yep, I'll bring up Prey again, I was very impressed that you could go turn on the TV and watch Killers From Space, play the arcade games in the bar, pick songs on the Jukebox. I'd always be sure and stop and listen to the Art Bell radio reports. Too bad most of that interactive stuff was all over in the bar in the beginning (And amazingly enough in the demo) and tapered off as you played through, but I agree, even though it's far from necessary, it makes the game better IMO

Also from what I've read, there will be no online play, altho the features on IGN list Xbox Live, Its probably just some sort of leaderboard interaction.

Edited by moycon

I'll snag the demo probably sometime next week or two and post my impressions.. if anyone cares by then :P

The game comes out in a week, so I doubt anyone will care about your impressions of the demo at that time. :cool:

For those interested in getting this game, it can be had for $50.98 shipped from familyVideo.com

Use the code NEWMEM3F for $3.00 off the purchase and choose the .99 shipping option.

Edited by moycon

I like games where you can take your time and search through the nooks and crannies and find more immersive stuff. It's one of the reasons the elder scrolls games suck me right in.

Yep, I'll bring up Prey again, I was very impressed that you could go turn on the TV and watch Killers From Space, play the arcade games in the bar, pick songs on the Jukebox. I'd always be sure and stop and listen to the Art Bell radio reports. Too bad most of that interactive stuff was all over in the bar in the beginning (And amazingly enough in the demo) and tapered off as you played through, but I agree, even though it's far from necessary, it makes the game better IMO

Also from what I've read, there will be no online play, altho the features on IGN list Xbox Live, Its probably just some sort of leaderboard interaction.

If you like Prey, you should try The Darkness. I heard that you can watch the entire "To Kill a Mockingbird" movie on one of the TVs. Awesome.

If you like Prey, you should try The Darkness. I heard that you can watch the entire "To Kill a Mockingbird" movie on one of the TVs. Awesome.

Darkness was very very impressive. A lot of fun to play.

That said...

Bioshock... ZZZZZOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG !!!!! :D

I have been excited about this game for a long time.

The demo was absolutely amazing. Holy crap. The plane crash scene at the beginning was just great.

Everything after that was just pure fun. I love my electricity and fireball powers and can't wait to play with the rest.

Nice long demo too.

There's a couple different movies, plus Flash Gordon, and popeye and some other cartoons and old tv shows, they are all public domain stuff though so not too great.

ok.. played the demo. Even moved the 360 from the 13" to the 50" plasma just to play it. Verdict: This game is just more bullshit.

Of course, another FPS with all attempts in the game made towards "atmosphere". Most of the atmosphere failed on me as I pretty much didnt even understand wtf was going on (couldn't even understand wtf the guy on the bottom right was saying most of the time.. I do remember him saying something about his family).. Anyway, was just pushing forward hitting things with a wrench and occasionally using the lightning bolt. Demo ended.

Sorry man, I just dont find moving around a dude in yet another dark "ruined society" shooting stuff in a 3d space very compelling. Holy crap if they put a friggin FPS in cartoony mario land I think it'd be a huge improvement.. ANYTHING but more ruins.

Tedious.

ok.. played the demo. Even moved the 360 from the 13" to the 50" plasma just to play it. Verdict: This game is just more bullshit.

Of course, another FPS with all attempts in the game made towards "atmosphere". Most of the atmosphere failed on me as I pretty much didnt even understand wtf was going on (couldn't even understand wtf the guy on the bottom right was saying most of the time.. I do remember him saying something about his family).. Anyway, was just pushing forward hitting things with a wrench and occasionally using the lightning bolt. Demo ended.

Sorry man, I just dont find moving around a dude in yet another dark "ruined society" shooting stuff in a 3d space very compelling. Holy crap if they put a friggin FPS in cartoony mario land I think it'd be a huge improvement.. ANYTHING but more ruins.

Tedious.

Check the bodies and trash cans. You'll get money to buy health items or to hack a splicer. If you eat certain items your health and Eve (I think its called that) goes up, but if you drink something like vodka your health will go up but it damages your Eve. In the full game the weapons are fully upgradeable with multiple types of ammo. And basically if you go running around shooting like in an older FPS, you won't get far at all (depending on the difficulty level). It just digs deeper. It might be worth it if you looked into it more if you haven't done so already. If you have, to each their own. :)

Tedious.

If all you did was run around and hit stuff with the wrench until the demo ended then I'm not surprised you didn't have much fun. I think for the people that take the time to enjoy the stuff in this game it will be fun. Not ground breaking or GOTY material, but a good romp nontheless. Those who play it like Serious Sam will get a Serious Sam like experience. You could probably solve Oblivion in right quick order if all you do is the main quest. It doesn't mean the other 100 hours of material are worthless.

Check the bodies and trash cans. You'll get money to buy health items or to hack a splicer. If you eat certain items your health and Eve (I think its called that) goes up, but if you drink something like vodka your health will go up but it damages your Eve.

Oh yeah I definitely searched the corpses and got health items, more of the lightning bolt juice, and vodka. I even found and quickly drank like 3 alcoholic beverages in a row and it made everything wobbly simulating drunkness :)

ok I do think the game is still more of the same old bullshit. But that being said, of course I'm gonna get the full thing and play it. It's just what I do. But yeah the whole attempt at yet another "dismal" atmosphere, the ruins, the darkness, etc to me are really just NOT appealing. It just makes it annoying to me. But alas it's the current hot thing. Gotta be pseudo-mature you know to appeal to the 15 year olds. ;)

Will I play it? Yeah. I like to play videogames and pretty much play everything... But this one looks like it will be another just out of obligation :P

Edited by NE146