IGNORED

GoSub 2

atari2600land

Well, here's a thread about the game. I'm having problems with the treasure sprite (player2). When the sub (player0) is at the same y position as the treasure, the treasure moves a little bit to the right. Does anybody know how to fix this? There is a code at the title screen, if you press up, down and then start the game, it'll ignore the playfield.

gosubtwo11.bas

gosubtwo11.bas.bin

What about some sort of a story twist for part 2?

My idea:

The octopus grabbed your treasure and you're in charge to get it back. The octopus (which holds the treasure) is moviing through the maze and you have to shoot him with (for example) 8 torpedos within a time limit. If you can get the treasure in time you get to the next level.

So the game has the elements of part 1, but is different in the end.

Just an idea what I had ^^

That's a good idea for the mini-game. Either that or a Combat-style game (that is, if Combat DX is dead.) I could have player1 be the same color as the playfield and have the ball be player1's missile (since missile1 is screwed up in the multisprite kernel.) As for the story, here's what I have:

=Story

Finding all of the treasures of the last cape, you travel down to Cape Arboflitzer in search of even more treasure. But it seems that over here, there isn't quite as much as you anticipated. In fact, it almost seems barren, except you're searching for the motherlode!

I've begun working on a mini-game where you shoot something (I don't know what that something is yet.) The shooting works nicely, but I'm having a bit of trouble when it comes to playfield collision. I need someone to work on that. I'm using Michael's collision detection routine, so maybe he can come in and work his magic on it. To access the mini-game, press right difficulty A at the title screen.

gosubtwo14.bas.bin

gosubtwo14.bas

Hi Chris :)

maybe i have another idea of the story.How about "Searching for only one big treasure"?This you could get in the last screen.How about adding some mines?If you touch one,you loose a life????

And how about some multidirectional moving?This means,that you can leave the screen in several ways.

Or how about collecting items,which you need in the later game?????

This are only some suggestions.

greetings Walter

New and improved version. At the beginning of the level or if you shoot them, the fish and octopus come from the edges of the screen and wander into the maze again so they don't appear randomly inside the maze where they could hit you and die for seemingly no apparent reason.

gosubtwo15.bas.bin

gosubtwo15.bas

Here's a newer version with a few minor changes. I have a few questions, though: Why isn't it letting me see how many bytes I have left in bank 4? I'm real curious as to how many more mazes I can put in there. It compiles just fine, though. Also, can someone please make the collision between player0 and playfield work in the mini-game?

gosubtwo16.bas

Here's a newer version with a few minor changes. I have a few questions, though: Why isn't it letting me see how many bytes I have left in bank 4? I'm real curious as to how many more mazes I can put in there. It compiles just fine, though. Also, can someone please make the collision between player0 and playfield work in the mini-game?

Hi Chris

Could you post the bin????

greetings Walter

Hi Chris

I tried out the new version.And it is really difficult to move the sub and shoot at the enemies.Really difficult.

I was able to solve the first 3 mazes,but not more.If you shoot the fish or octopus at the wrong position,you will run into them again and have no big chances to escape.

greetings Walter

Hi Chris

I tried out the new version.And it is really difficult to move the sub and shoot at the enemies.Really difficult.

I was able to solve the first 3 mazes,but not more.If you shoot the fish or octopus at the wrong position,you will run into them again and have no big chances to escape.

greetings Walter

So what should I do? Slow the sub down, or make it OK to touch the enemy for a second before shooting it? Both?

Hi Chris

greetings Walter

So what should I do? Slow the sub down, or make it OK to touch the enemy for a second before shooting it? Both?

Hi Chris

I think make it OK to touch the enemy for a second is the best solution.Because the other variant seems to be too difficult.

Because it is really heavy to concentrate on the walls and the enemies.

greetings Walter

I figured out that it does actually tell me how many bytes are left in bank 4, right after the "error" message. Added a new level (level 8 ). I changed the levels around a little bit so now level 7 is level 9 and level 8 is level 7. Expect level 9 (formerly level 7) to be pushed back even later into the game. Confused yet? ;)

gosubtwo18.bas.bin

gosubtwo18.bas

Edited by atari2600land

Let's think about the mini-game now. Since I don't want to have the player die if it hits a wall, if the player does, should it a) keep ramming into it; or b.) bounce off and go into the opposite direction?

version 18b has the first option, and version 18c has the second one.

Many thanks to Mike Rideout for helping me with this part.

To get to the mini-game, at the title screen, press the select switch until the first number is two, then press the reset switch.

gosubtwo18b.bas.bin

gosubtwo18c.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

So I don't know how many bytes are left in bank 4. Help!

Take a look.

The "bytes free" is calculated by the assembler. It is probably just an assembler glitch, as dasm has been known to produce bogus errors. I'd not worry about it for now, as in the future the message might start working again.

I don't get that error on my end, and I show 1400 bytes free. That might be because I'm using a modified version of dasm. I hope to release the modified version of dasm with the next release of bB, but I will first need to check the dasm license and see if that is allowed (or ask permission if it is not.)

So far, this game is at 10k, far short of the maximum of 16k (of course, it could go to 32k, but I highly doubt it.) This is the last update for the day. I decided to include the manual I'm working on for it, as it has a list of changes for the mini-game (nothing has changed in the main game since I added a maze a few days ago.)

gosubtwo21.bas.bin

gosubtwo21.bas

gosub2manual.txt

Let's think about the mini-game now. Since I don't want to have the player die if it hits a wall, if the player does, should it a) keep ramming into it; or b.) bounce off and go into the opposite direction?

version 18b has the first option, and version 18c has the second one.

Many thanks to Mike Rideout for helping me with this part.

I prefer it when the player bounces off the wall but maybe you can include both options and make them selectable via a difficulty switch?

I also like that you can score points now, makes the game much more fun IMO!