IGNORED

GoSub 2

atari2600land

I guess I could try to start work on it again once AG2 is finished. I'd need to redesign all the mazes and figure out how to redistribute variables. That'd be a huge undertaking, though, but I might be able to do it since I wouldn't have anything else better to do, bB speaking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

GoSub 2 will be 8K, but with more mazes than the original. I have a whole 4k to store mazes in if I do this. I guess i could make it be 32k and have 7 banks of mazes, but I don't want to do that much work. In this update, some bugs have been fixed, I added two new mazes and changed one. The gameplay is as the same as before except you shoot the octopus instead of stunning him when touching him. Touching him will make you lose a chance. You have three tries to complete each maze or else it's game over.

gosub2ver4.bas.bin

gosub2ver4.bas

Major update on this one.

The color/b&w switch works now.

left difficulty switch controls the octopus (b=on, a=off)

right difficulty switch controls the sonar ping noise (a=on, b=off)

added a couple new mazes (you start on level 6)

The last maze will be the last maze by the time I'm finished because it's so hard.

gosub2ver5.bas.bin

gosub2ver5.bas

Hi, just tried the game. That's interesting, but does touching walls really have to kill you? Cause I find it annoying. Or am I missing the whole point of the game? ;)

Also, could the thing stop when you don't push the joystick?

Hi

The touching walls are really needed.They make the game interesting and difficult.

greetings Walter

Hi, just tried the game. That's interesting, but does touching walls really have to kill you? Cause I find it annoying. Or am I missing the whole point of the game? ;)

Also, could the thing stop when you don't push the joystick?

Hey, thanks for trying the game. I'm trying to make the controls similar to GoSub 1, in which touching walls makes you die, and the thing doesn't stop when you don't push the joystick. I personally find it quite nice that I don't have to keep pushing it until I need to change direction, though that's just me.

BTW, here's a newer version of the game with a few more mazes added.

gosub2ver7.bas.bin

gosub2ver7.bas

Added 2 more mazes (levels 13 and 15) Let me know if maze 15 is too hard, but keep in mind it's supposed to be the last level, replacing level 14, which is the second-to-last level. I have room for about 10 more mazes, so GoSub 2 will have at least 25 mazes (GoSub 1 had 19.)

gosub2ver8.bas.bin

gosub2ver8.bas

Hi Chris

Level 15 is not too hard.Plays very well.The only thing,which nerves,is that you loose a life if this damn octopus touches you.The most difficult thing is not the maze,it is the octopus.But i would not change it,because this makes the game more difficult,than Gosub1.

greetings Walter

Hi Chris

Level 15 is not too hard.Plays very well.The only thing,which nerves,is that you loose a life if this damn octopus touches you.The most difficult thing is not the maze,it is the octopus.But i would not change it,because this makes the game more difficult,than Gosub1.

greetings Walter

Added two mazes (16 & 17.) I moved what was previously mazes #16 & 17 to mazes #18 & #19. With maze #0, there are now more mazes in GoSub 2 than there are in GoSub 1, and GoSub 2 will only be an 8k game! I have room for about 7 more mazes. Also, can someone please test this on real hardware for me?

gosub2ver10.bas

gosub2ver10.bas.bin

Edited by atari2600land

Added a few new levels. I changed the score to two numbers. #1 is the two-digit level number and the 2nd # is the three-digit score. I doubt anyone can get more than 990 points anyway (in order to do that, you'd have to shoot the octopus 100 times, or 4 times a level.) The final # of levels will be 25. I've turned off the level select, but will turn it back on in the next version, even though the final version will not have it in.

gosub2ver11.bas.bin

gosub2ver11.bas

The last maze has been added and I also added a Game Over screen. So, the game is almost done. You can find the latest version here. By the way, if you want to see the last maze I added (the second-to-last in the game), change the level # in the "begin" piece of code to 23 and compile.

As it turns out, I couldn't figure out how to get the code in there for it to work. I tried copying it from the old GoSub 2 code and pasting it in there but it wouldn't work. And even if it did work, I don't think there'd be enough space for it. The way it is now there's <300 bytes left in bank 1 (where the title screen stuff/game routine goes.)