IGNORED

REWARD! I need help from someone in Kansas $1000.00!

Buyatari

Edit: I've contacted UPS's PR department in the interest of getting their side of the story about this. I'm the publisher of Hardcore Gamer Magazine and might be willing to run a news story about this if it turns out to be interesting enough (i.e., UPS really tells people to pound sand and take the insurance money rather than try to help them recover irreplaceable historical gaming memorabilia).

I'll let you know what they say, if anything.

I'd still reccommend contacting other news outlets. Our lead time is, like, 2 months, so any news we print will be too late to help save your stuff.

Edited by djpubba

I don't know what can come from this. If its in a dump it could be 25 feet deep buried in other garbage by now. Its just paper and once the water seeps in thats it. If I was given more information I'd have gone myself or sent someone willing to earn a few bucks but now.....

Soaking wet for a week in a dump who knows where.

Its lost.

I don't know what can come from this. If its in a dump it could be 25 feet deep buried in other garbage by now. Its just paper and once the water seeps in thats it. If I was given more information I'd have gone myself or sent someone willing to earn a few bucks but now.....

Soaking wet for a week in a dump who knows where.

You're assuming. Since we don't know where or what kind of dump it is, you can't say it's been compromised. BTW, dig around a dump or a landfill, you can find all kinds of paper, some decades old, in resonable condition.

You might have them offer you more money then the insurance value if you make a big public stink. Futher, making a public stink will make a lot more people aware of their crappy practicies. Especially in this case where there seems to be no reason not to recover the packages, but just didn't want to bother. That's going to be a hard position for them to justify if deeply questioned about it. Enough outcry could get them to change their policies, so something so unneccessarily tragic doesn't happen again to someone else.

It doesn't hurt to try.

Keep an eye on eBay anyway, its unlikely the contractor who hauled it away just took a bunch of UPS packages to a landfill without picking them over for stuff to sell.

Steve

that's an excellent point... in the world of internet and ebay... "trash" is treasure more than ever a thousand fold... and "junk" contractors know it alot of times...

of course the heartache to search for it is rough... so sorry to hear it.

So what does happen if these show up on ebay? Is the seller in any kind of trouble? I would think there has to be some sort of grey area to get your stuff back (or at least I hope there is your sake Adam).

If the stuff shows up on ebay I'd be head over feet happy to buy it again. I might not buy it all back but there are pieces where I would have no problem buying again.

Muppets

Tempest

NES concept art

Major Havoc concept art

unreleased Setinel sideart

Those ones I'd buy all over again for sure.

I don't know what can come from this.

If you're not interested in pursuing it further then I won't either. I did get a call back from UPS's PR department and they said that they always prefer to recover people's items which are even possible to recover since it costs them more money to pay for your lost stuff. The gentlemen I spoke with felt that if it's being taken to a dump, it's because it's been destroyed by fire, water, chemicals or just plain ruined. Otherwise they'd recover it.

He also confirmed that only the shipper can pursue the matter, who, from what you've said, would be the store that shipped the stuff,.

Edited by djpubba

If you're not interested in pursuing it further then I won't either. I did get a call back from UPS's PR department and they said that they always prefer to recover people's items which are even possible to recover since it costs them more money to pay for your lost stuff. The gentlemen I spoke with felt that if it's being taken to a dump, it's because it's been destroyed by fire, water, chemicals or just plain ruined. Otherwise they'd recover it.

He also confirmed that only the shipper can pursue the matter, who, from what you've said, would be the store that shipped the stuff,.

Well if the sellers give me the store name and number I can talk to the store. I sent you a pm with the shipping details.

Well if the sellers give me the store name and number I can talk to the store. I sent you a pm with the shipping details.

GOOD LUCK BUDDY!!! if you ever get that Kasumi Ninja Art back let me know...... :cool:

I've spoken with UPS's PR and the customer service person who works directly for the CEO and they've been very forthcoming with information to me. It sounds like they're willing to help recover anything that is possible to recover. They have pictures of the train wreck and debris and say that not a single package from the wreck survived intact. They said they are still willing to have the security guards sift through the debris to find specific items from within the packages. They said that their policy is that the seller/shipper has to cooperate to get this done, but it also sounded like they're willing to consider dealing with the buyer/recipient under these special circumstances and asked me for his contact info. I gave them what I had, which was his email address. I also gave him theirs.

Edited by djpubba