IGNORED

Superman speed run

PressureCooker2600

Anyone got any videos of a Superman speed run? According to TG, Todd Rogers is the fastest with around 46 seconds. On Difficulty B, with no pausing, etc.

That blows my mind, I can barely do that in 5 minutes.

46 seconds is indeed fast (not doing the cheat of course).. but come on, you can't finish the game in under 5 minutes? :? You must be doing something wrong! :P

• 13 years later...

It's been almost 40 years, so I can't remember the exact time, but every once in a while, there was an almost perfect setup of criminal/bridge placement that allowed me to finish it in less than 30 seconds. It was definitely somewhere between 19-24 seconds. My dad took a polaroid of it to show the guys at his work, as they didn't believe it.  It's been WAY too long for me to remember all the moves, but I could tell each time I was going to do it based off of the first criminal I saw. It seems like the right scenario occured every 15-20 attempts.

I remember getting really good at Haunted House.  When I went to play the hardest level, I think level nine, I hit the button to light the match, and next to me was the complete urn, usually it was apart in three different places.  I thought I was going to have a hard attack, beat the hardest level in one second, one match.  Probably never played it again, lol

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I usually do it in 50 seconds, a minute at the least. I got good at it from years of playing Atari on sick days: Superman was always my go-to game, because I would make up stories about Superman saving people, once I grew tired of the "broken bridge" plot. I used to write them down on my Apple II. I uploaded them to a USB in the Windows 95 era and have had them ever since. The only other games I would do this with are Tunnel Runner and Cosmic Ark. Maybe Fantastic Voyage, too. ;)