IGNORED

Has anyone played these games from Atari2600.com?

Captain Beard

N.E.R.D.S. is just a shooter style game,and The Last Ninja is a bit better;even though it has pretty basic graphics at least it is a maze game in which you have to hit different enemies one time,two times or more to get rid of them.I have been meaning to play this one a bit more because there are power ups and more levels to figure out.

So The Last Ninja is worth getting, but if you are a 'collector', you will buy both;especially if you did not get to attend CGE07.

N.E.R.D.S. is just a shooter style game,and The Last Ninja is a bit better;even though it has pretty basic graphics at least it is a maze game in which you have to hit different enemies one time,two times or more to get rid of them.I have been meaning to play this one a bit more because there are power ups and more levels to figure out.

So The Last Ninja is worth getting, but if you are a 'collector', you will buy both;especially if you did not get to attend CGE07.

One power up. And, no more levels to figure out. Just one level with 16 rooms. Then it's over.

-John

I haven't purchased either of these games because of the lack of info about them. At least now some info is being posted. I don't think the fault lies with Batari Basic. There are several BB games that are just as deep as a regular Atari release. As with all software any lack of depth or variety is due more to the programmer. Then again, These are Atari games which usually take a simple idea and run with it.

I think of them like playable baseball cards. Fun to collect and you can play them too! :D

I'm wondering if anyone has actually sold more than ten copies of a bB game on cartridge yet. If so, it wasn't by selling them for $40 after only a few months of development. I hate to pick on programmers, but if this is the current acceptable quality then I should have offered my services to them. I could churn out something of this level every few days.

There have been a few bB releases that I have been able to reproduce from scratch within a couple of days. The ones that I still considered cart-worthy were included in a multicart. It's going to be a matter of programmers catching up with the capabilities of the language. bB definately allows for more variety and depth than this.

Now I'm annoyed that everyone has beaten me to a cart release, so maybe i'll put up some of my "construction paper on a black table" projects for consideration.

Hi Guys

You should have a look at "Cave In",which is written in Batari basic.Or have a look at Gosub.Then you can see,what is possible with it.....

greetings gambler172

GoSub was incredibly short. Fun gameplay but I beat it the first time I played it. I hope GoSub 2 is longer :) I also hope it keeps score this time.