IGNORED

Metroid Prime 3 Official Thread

Room 34

Im on the Bryyo right now. i just made the reptilish looking snake head thing roll back so i can get into a hall with one of the scrolls to scan. down below is a ledge with what looks like a morph ball track and a bottomless pit. ive tried so so hard to get on further but i cant. it says on the online guide i found to bomb it and roll into the wall.. ive used morph ball bombs and missiles at the weak looking wall but nothing happens... and ive fallen to the abyss far too many times trying to jump into the side of the wall..

HELP?

When you scan that wall on the ledge you should see a weak spot, a morph ball bomb will blow a hole in it.

What I'd like to know is how the F are you supposed to double bomb jump? The timing seems impossible.

it is... flick up on the wiimote and you jump now... so jump with the wiimote.. lay a bomb, and jump into it... double jump.. lemme see if i can see a weak pint.. i tried scanning and cant find one.. where is it exactly>

god dang.. finally.. i found it.. got the grapple hook swing ability...thank you. stupid pebble that i ALREADY scanned.. didnt know do bomb it.. figured the missle was enough to destroy it.
I got totally stuck there, too. I completely missed the little rock you need to blow up to get into the morph ball track.

Is it worth it to buy a Wii for this and Super Paper Mario? This and similar threads are tempting me. :)

I would say, definitely YES! I own 8 games for the Wii, but these two have seen by far the most play time.

Zelda's probably worth getting too. Unfortunately, I got it for the GameCube as a birthday present, back when I figured it would be months before I'd be able to get a Wii. (And naturally, I got mine 4 days later!) So I haven't played it as much as I otherwise would. It seems pretty good, but definitely a "release title" and not quite on par with SPM or MP3, in my opinion.

I'd of included Zelda too, but I already own the GameCube edition of it (Birthday present for me as well) and the controls seem natural to me after playing through Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker over the years. Its something I'd be willing to rebuy to experience the controls in the future when its a players choice game for $20 or so years from now though.\

Anyways, thanks for all the input. Looks like I'll be on the look for a Wii in the next two months. I imagine if I don't find one before November rolls around that I'll be out of luck this year though.

Edited by Atariboy

Its something I'd be willing to rebuy to experience the controls in the future when its a players choice game for $20 or so years from now though.

I most likely will buy the Wii version of Twilight Princess when it's $20. But not now.

idk.. i coudlnt get into my freinds' gc version after playing my own wii version. id at least rent it to see the differnce.

Mission Complete....

Completion - 98%

Time - 24h21m

Hypermode Unlocked

I still don't know what the last 2% of what I missed might have been...but damn...what a ride!!!

Wow, finished already? I haven't been able to devote nearly that much time to this. (Of course, I also fumble around a lot, so your 24 hours probably means it'll take me 50... not counting the time I spend dying multiple times on boss fights, since that time doesn't get saved in your game total.)

To be honest, i only had died while fighting 2 of the bosses. The first one was the boss at the end of Bryyo and the other was...well..the last boss. Though now that I know how to take it down, which I figured out after almost being dead to begin with by the time I got there, I still had TONS of health left after defeating it on the second go round.

I pretty much did nothing yesterday but play Prime 3. I started playing it about 10am yesterday and had it done by about Midnight. I did take the breaks for eating etc...but not much hehe.

I know that one of the missing items was an energy tank. But with the rest I had...I had plenty. I think the other might have been a missle pickup. Though I already had way over 200 missles...so I don't know. I also don't know that I scanned everything. I damn near tried, but even the bosses have to be scanned more than once. You scan them an initial first phase..then when they change tactics or get stunned...etc, you scan em again. Some of them require as many as 4 different scans. Like Helios. I was never able to scan the balls of energy that the flying critter lets loose on the ziplines on Skytown. In fact I couldn't scan those critters either. Is there any way to scan stuff while on the ziplines? Cause if you switch to scanner visor you will start to fall...straight down...ugh.

Also you DO finally get to scan a leviathan seed core towards the very end!? I was also frustrated with that fact that you couldn't switch to scanner visor when the seed cores show up, but you do get a chance near the end of the game to do this.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

I pretty much did nothing yesterday but play Prime 3.

I hear ya! I just picked it up and MAN, does this game ever raise the bar for the Wii! Absolutely beautiful graphics (for any system), and one hell of a game to boot. The FPS controls are some of the best I've ever used. Pretty hard to go back to dual analog after this, actually. I just left the first planet and got the new suit. The only thing that's keeping me from zoning out on this game exclusively is Bioshock.

you guys are lucky. im honestly not that great with fps.. and im getting schooled on this ice boss :(. im doing everything right, ripping off his armor and such.. i get his armor off like 3 times and i die around there. im hitting him with the hyper blast when weak too.. but i just cant hold in there. his dang ice on a chain always seems to hit me.. even if im behind an ice pillar as it just goes right through it.

is it me.. or in these boss fights you just wish samus could run a bit faster.. she just seems so dang slow right now.. :(

Okay, I'm working on the first Golem boss, where you need to shoot the orbs then blow out the empty chambers with Phazon.

How many Energy Tanks did y'all have when you beat this thing? I only have 4 and it seems like I have NO CHANCE of doing this with that much energy.

Okay, I'm working on the first Golem boss, where you need to shoot the orbs then blow out the empty chambers with Phazon.

How many Energy Tanks did y'all have when you beat this thing? I only have 4 and it seems like I have NO CHANCE of doing this with that much energy.

Well, I killed it, just had to preserve the phason a little better and not just spaz out when I went into hyper mode.

Well..i don't know what difficulty level you're playing this on. But I'm on my second run through the game now on Veteran. I was unable to beat Rundas (1st bounty hunter boss) unless I had at least 4 energy tanks. However, I don't recall how many I had by the time I got to the rock golem dude. I do remember getting all three of the orbs on the front and thinking alright! I got this in the bag. And then...I discovered there was a 4th one on his back?! Anyway, It isn't much of a strategy, but try this...

I stick with one orb at a time, make sure to note the green swirls which will show you where the orbs have moved to on his body during the battle. Once an orb is taken out...I then focus on another. Once two orbs are gone and I have two white glowing spots, I switch to hyper and overload them to take em out. Then I follow the same strategy for the last two. Just watch him closely. Double jump over the phazon waves he sends along the ground, and make sure to start shooting the damn orbs he tries to grab to him from the statues and stuff in him. If you can keep him from getting any more in him, that will help you out greatly. In addition, constantly scan around the area for power ups that get revealed from his attacks. In my opinion, the golem and Gandrayda are by far the two LONGEST boss battles in this game.

The problem with Rundas is two fold. His ice boulders that he tosses at you will do massive damage if they even come close to hitting you. In addition, you have to use hypermode attacks to do any real damage to him quickly when you get the chance but with only 3 tanks you only get maybe two hypermodes. That's assuming you aren't taking much damage from his other attacks? However having his ice boulders hit the big ice spires around the room is a good idea as powerups frequently come from them to help replenish you somewhat.

I found Rundas was a pushover on the normal level, but I really had to have at least 4 tanks before I was able to take him on in Vetran level. I've no idea how it would be done in hyper difficulty mode?!

But I'll know soon enough. I'm on my way back to the Pirate homeworld to get the hazard suit now that I've got spider ball again. And then, once that is done, I'll leave the seed alone and take on the Valhalla. For those that didn't know this...the Valhalla portion of Metroid is totally optional. However, you really do need the missle, energy tank, and other power ups you can find there to help with the last few missions and bosses.

Another thing I simply DO NOT get. Some of the upgrades are missle upgrades to increase the number of missles for the gunship?! Why is this odd? Because aside from the stuff that has to be bombed on Bryyo, there isn't ANY other reason to use the gunship for missle bombing runs and since you already had enough in the first place...why bother adding more to the gunship? No idea on those...

Anyway, this is by far my favorite Metroid next to Super Metroid on the SNES. And it is also by FAR the Wii's best game to date!

Love this game. Just got it.

Stopped playing it for a bit....just got the PED suit. I'm just wondering, when the meteor was about to hit Norion, did any of ya'll die any? I died 3 fuckin' times which is unusual for me in a Metroid game. I didn't know where to go for awhile after I got out of the vent shafts.

I didn't have any problems with the meteor bit. In fact I found the control tower really quickly and then instead of going into it, I decided to just stand outside and watch it come down closer and closer. It actually does get closer to the horizon, however, given the size it appears to be in the game which is pretty freaking huge?! VS what it looks like as it is coming down, It is doubtful that Norion would have been damaged that much. I say this as the meteors' size while coming down in the background is much smaller than what we see in the cutscenes.

NOT to spoil it too much for you...but you did realize that wasn't a real meteor right? You'll encounter a few more of those "meteors" in this game. Only they won't be approaching the planets you visit, they will have already landed when you get there.