IGNORED

Ok i got a Dreamcast so now what?

jboypacman

Ok i picked up a Dreamcast today with copy of Crazy Taxi and its great but now i need some game sugeestions from everyone.

I know i want Daytona USA but what are some other good games to get? I saw Airforce Delta(? Konami i think)and Super Runabout are these two worth while for a purchase?

Any feel back would be great, :) .

Shenmue 1 and 2 (You want both. Really.)

Power Stone 1 and 2

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2

Grandia 1 and 2

Chu Chu Rocket (hey, they're like 50p)

House of the Dead 2

Soul Calibur, if you don't already have any of the later ones.

I'd recommend Phantasy Star Online, but there's a lack of servers these days, getting on is hassle and the 1-player part gets tired rather quickly.

I don't know about the two you mentioned. In the meantime, happy hunting.

Edited by Quadhorn

Cosmic Smash is interesting.

cos01.jpg

The virtua Tennis Games are cool.

Rush 2049 is highly recommended. I don't like racing games really, but that game is cool.

Of, course Sonic Adventure is a MUST BUY. Get it now.

I think one of the best games for the system, is Typing of the Dead. It's so much fun, especially to compete the challenges with freinds.

Check it out, the dudes wear Dreamcasts on thier back!!!!

typingftdead_screen022.jpg

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

Man, there are so many good games with the Dreamcast.....

Rippin Riders

Chu Chu Rocket

Res Evil stuff

Star Wars games

Space Channel 5

Samba de Amigo (get the maracas if you can, they're hard to find though)

Excellent fighting games like Soul Calibur (there hasn't been a better Soul Calibur than the original)

I just got Air Force Delta so I'll tell you how it is once I play it.

House of the Dead 2 looks like its loads of fun, but needs to be played with a gun...

Man, you're going to love this system..

Its really my favorite one of all.....

My buddy Goat has Typing of the Dead and Samba De Amigo with two sets of the Mararcas and i have played Samba before and thought it was neat.

I saw Rush 2049 today as well and it was fairly cheap($12 new i think)and am not really big into the Resident Evil games.

Not into Tennis but i have heard that the Virtual Tennis games are really good and fun to play so that might be one i will pick up.

This Dreamcast i got is my newest game system out of all my systems i own which is kind of cool now am thinking about it.Thanks for all the game picks everyone. :)

My buddy Goat has Typing of the Dead and Samba De Amigo with two sets of the Mararcas and i have played Samba before and thought it was neat.

I saw Rush 2049 today as well and it was fairly cheap($12 new i think)and am not really big into the Resident Evil games.

Not into Tennis but i have heard that the Virtual Tennis games are really good and fun to play so that might be one i will pick up.

This Dreamcast i got is my newest game system out of all my systems i own which is kind of cool now am thinking about it.Thanks for all the game picks everyone. :)

Well, for sure get Sonic Adventure. Have you played it, you haven't mentioned anything about it.

Power Stone is some hot action when a couple buddies are over.

The fishing games are awesome. I just learned from someone on here, that you can Use the fishing controller with the Tennis games, swining it around like a raquet.. Neat feature.

Just don't get nostalgic and get Centipede and the other Hasboro Atari games, unless you want to be disappointed.

And, of course, there are the NES, Sega, and other emulators you can run on the system.

What type of games do you like??

Also, Don't leave it plugged in while you sleep... Remember, "It's Thinking..."

Edited by SINGLE TOOTH

My buddy Dalum who co-runs GameBlips with me is going to hook me up with a NES Emulator for it which i think will be sweet!

Played the first Sonic Adventure game for it when the DC first came out and thought it was ok and i have played Power Stone for a second once at someones house and thought it would be a great 2-player game but not as fun in 1-player mode.

As for me i like arcade style games like Crazy Taxi and Daytona USA and shooters too.I would love to have GunBird2,GigaWing2,and Mars Matrix for it.

I know Marvel VS Capcom2 is great for it and that Capcom VS SNK 2 is awesome but i only will play thoses at my friends house but i was intrested in Virtual Fighter 3tb.

I'll give you my recommendations.

Record Of Lodoss War. Doesn't matter if you're into anime or not, this is a VERY fun Diablo like game with great depth in the weapon customization.

DOA2. Natch.

Soul Calibur (if you own a DC, you must own this game, period).

Carrier. This is actually a very clever Resident Evil style game, with lots of unique ideas.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 & 2. Best. 2-D games. Ever.

Rival Schools: Project Justice. This is a little known title with BIG gameplay. Lots and lots of fun for fighting game fans.

Alone In The Dark: The New Nightmare. Again, a Res. Evil styled game (and get Res. Evil Code Veronica while you're at it), with lots of scares and good gameplay.

Illbleed. Very unusual survival horror game with blood by the gallons flowing everywhere. Awesome if that's your thing.

Omikron - The Nomad Soul. Like a one player MMO, highly ambitious. It falls short in some areas, but for what it is, it's pretty damn good and will seriously draw you into the story.

Phantasy Star Online V1 and 2. Still good to this day.

And, of course, both Sonic Adventure games. Good for their time, but look pretty outdated now. 2 is actually the better of the two games.

You get a big kick in the nuts! What took you so long to get/play a DC?. Shame on you sir :)

Anyways I liked these....

Trickstyle

Blue Stinger

Power Stone games

Sword of the Berserk

Wacky Races

Skies of Arcadia

Shenmue

Zombie Revenge

Star Wars:Jedi Power Battles

Carrier

Soul Calibur

Outtrigger

Alien Front Online

Fighting Vipers 2 (pal)

Under Defeat

and many many more...

Edited by ManShowBoy

Chu Chu Rocket

Evolution 2: Far Off Promise

Shenume

House of the Dead (find yourself a DC lightgun for some real fun!)

4x4 Evolution

Half Life (never released, you'll have to download it somewhere)

Dead or Alive 2

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Sega Swirl

South Park: Chef's Luv Shack

Toy Commander

Unreal Tournament (Get a keyboard & mouse for a nice pc like experience)

Tee Off Golf

Edited by Artlover

If you like sports you oughta check out the 2k series. They actually originated on the dreamcast because EA refused to port their sports games to the DC. A little dated by today's standards, but fun non-the less. At least the basketball and hockey games.

If your getting the NES emulator setup I think you are, it's pretty nice! It has box-art and screen shots, etc. Pretty cool.

Dreamcast has some of the best 8-bit emulators out there. Not sure how far along ones like SNES and Genesis are though.

If you like sports you oughta check out the 2k series. They actually originated on the dreamcast because EA refused to port their sports games to the DC. A little dated by today's standards, but fun non-the less. At least the basketball and hockey games.

If your getting the NES emulator setup I think you are, it's pretty nice! It has box-art and screen shots, etc. Pretty cool.

Dreamcast has some of the best 8-bit emulators out there. Not sure how far along ones like SNES and Genesis are though.

The SNES one was really choppy when I played it last. (a while ago), but I dont think they ever got it running good enough to be playable. The DC proably doesnt have what it takes to emulate properly.

The Genesis one was alright.

Mastersystem/GameGears emulators were awesome.

Why did EA refuse to port to DC?

The SNES one was really choppy when I played it last. (a while ago), but I dont think they ever got it running good enough to be playable. The DC proably doesnt have what it takes to emulate properly.

Why did EA refuse to port to DC?

I have a copy of the dreamsnes emulator with about 40 games that work. Those games run fairly well. Also download the Neo-Geo Cd boot disk. Play Neo-geo games without the high price of the AES. Most NGCD games work pretty good.

I do agree that the 8 bit emulators are awesome, SMS/GG/NES/GB/GBC games all in one handy console! :cool: I have heard of a PC Engine/TG-16 emulator, but I haven't found it yet.

I heard a rumor that EA didn't develop games for the Dreamcast because Sega didn't pick hardware that EA was supporting. But that was just a rumor.

Edited by MCHufnagel

Some of my fvorite games of all time are on the Dreamcast. Before the 360 came along, DC was easily my favorite system for these reasons....

#1 Shadowman. Probably my favorite game of all time. This title HAS to be played on the DC, The N64 and PS1 couldn't handle the game and suffer because of it. The story just really blew me away on this one. I've played through it all the way twice and recently have been thinking I need to give it another go.

#2 Omikron. Like 2600Lives already stated, the game might be a bit over ambitious. It tries to incorporate too many genres (Sci-Fi Adventure, RPG, Fighter, FPS) and falls short in some ways....However, The sheer scope of the city with it's seemingly living breathing occupants took my breath away way before GTA's living world. Exploring and discovery is what this game is all about, and what works best in the game. Got killed? No problem, just find yourself a new body! Great game.

#3 Soul Caliber. I've never been a huge fighter fan. Soul Caliber changed all that. Even people who aren't great at these types of games can have a blast playing SC. When I would have parties, even the non-gamers would play this game for hours. This title was the reason I bought a DC. Before the DC I hadn't owned a system made by Sega.

I could list a dozen more really good games, but for me, these 3 are what makes the system a legend.

Lots of good games have been recommended already. So let me play party pooper...

While the DC is a great system, it seems the problem now is going to be getting the games in good condition. Seems most of the used stuff out there is pretty banged up, incomplete, etc. How does that happen? My DC games are like how I bought them - like new, undamaged, unscratched, complete. People just dont' take care of their stuff. Maybe it will work, maybe it can be "cleaned" up, maybe it won't work.

Probably applies to any and all disc-based systems.

Maybe new stuff is still out there, but I guess it will cost ya. Good luck with getting a library together.

Have you tried the web browser cd that you can get for it?? i wonder if it still works at all. I had the browser but never got a DC. All my friend's said it was their favorite :(

Nathan

I'll have to try that out. I haven't surfed the web with the DC for years (Not that I ever really did beyond testing that it could)

It also depends on which game you're playing. I know in 2003 when I was using DreamSNES on my DC, some games were just fine, while others (like Mario Kart) were a bit slow.

I also tried out the VCD player that someone had written... and was extremely happy that I had a DVD player. The VCDs that I had made for fun were extremely choppy on the DC. :)