IGNORED

Assassin's Creed

Red 5

Assassin's Creed. The game given the "Game We're Most Worried About" award from EGM after playing it at E3 due to "the game's combat is looking a bit simplistic and the controls seem needlessly complicated-when we played, we looked more like a bumbling Beverly Hills Ninja than a smooth-moves Prince of Persia"

Your next letter might go something like this.

BioShock and Halo 3

I am down on my knees begging for forgiveness for pushing you aside like I did.

I've decided I rather like playing games that control decent and want you to come back into my life.

Love always,

Red5

Assassin's Creed. The game given the "Game We're Most Worried About" award from EGM after playing it at E3 due to "the game's combat is looking a bit simplistic and the controls seem needlessly complicated-when we played, we looked more like a bumbling Beverly Hills Ninja than a smooth-moves Prince of Persia"

Your next letter might go something like this.

BioShock and Halo 3

I am down on my knees begging for forgiveness for pushing you aside like I did.

I've decided I rather like playing games that control decent and want you to come back into my life.

Love always,

Red5

You leave my misguided excitement alone !

I loved Prince of Persia : Two Thrones and I have to keep the faith.

You leave my misguided excitement alone !

I loved Prince of Persia : Two Thrones and I have to keep the faith.

Hee Sorry. Actually I know little about the title and have never seen it in action myself. Was just passing that tid-bit on since I had been reading it a few hours to you posting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It seems interesting, but I'm not sure I like the whole "Kill the Crusaders" theme. It just hits a bit close to home at the moment, ya know? Still, it looks like a fun game.

Tempest

Actually (bit of a spoiler) that is not what it is about.

There is a twist in the very beginning that makes it not what you think.

And now there are a bunch of mediocre reviews coming out to make me skeptical.

Oh well... :|

Actually (bit of a spoiler) that is not what it is about.

There is a twist in the very beginning that makes it not what you think.

Interesting. I was basing this off of just seeing the trailer. Still, there are about 10 games in my queue right now (Super Mario Galaxy makes it 11), so Assassins Creed will have to wait.

Tempest

Don't know if anyone watched last weeks South Park (the episode about Guitar Hero) but every commercial break had a loooooong clip from the game giving away some plot and some gameplay.

Game looks really interesting and has some incredible graphic's but this will be a rental for me.... sorry, after Lair I'm being a lot more cautious in my $60 game purchases.

Mendon

So far the game has me sucked in.

The visuals are stunning and the gameplay is unique.

The way you move is completely unique to any game I have played.

The tutorial lasted about 1.5 hours so I haven't really done too much yet.

Not to mention, it's like Oblivion where the first few hours aren't really "playing" but just goofing around and

staring in awe at the environments.

Considering the reviews are either 10's or 7's with nothing in between, I am going to take my time before giving a real review but

so far I am VERY impressed.

I read somewhere that the PS3 version has framerate issues, which aren't evident in the 360 version?!

According to Gamespot it sounds like the other way around if anything.

There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash.

Well, after really digging in and playing around I am starting to really love this game.

It is definitely a slow start and I was worried.

The more you get used to the controls and finally understand what the game wants you to do, it

will suck you in.

The problem is trying to get people to stick around that long.

If you stick with it, you will wind up falling in love, however, you might not stick around that long and understandably so.

(And holy crap is it a long freakin' horse ride to Jerusalem!)

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finished it.

I did decide to go with the PS3 version. The games visuals are top notch, as is the presentation. The cities are teeming with people, and look absolutely beautiful. The game's core mechanics (fighting, climbing, free running, etc) work very well, and make you look like some sort of super video game hero when someone is watching Altair mow his way through a hoard of enemies. :cool:

There aren't many mission types, and some things do get repetitive quickly (climb another viewpoint anyone <gah>) but they did hold my interest until the end. I never did get tired of the adrenaline rush of rooftop chases from the bad guys, or cutting down a large circle of enemies in what looks like a hopelessly outnumbered battle. I also enjoyed the fact that enemies would notice things, and not just the obvious dead guy in the street sort of thing either. During battle you might see an enemy blanch in horror or otherwise react as you pulled off some spectacular kill on one of his buddies. Sometimes even fleeing or begging for mercy as you turned the tide of battle.

The ending was a letdown, no sense of closure. 'Hello Assassin's Creed 2' :|

Though this is the wrong forum now I suppose :D I did have multiple crash issues on the PS3 aka the 'white screen of death' and once or twice I actually got Altair stuck somewhere in the game geometry.

Overall a very good, solid, beautiful fun game.

• 2 weeks later...