IGNORED

HSC round 12, what do you guys want

Atari5200

Which game would you guys want? cannot be a game we already had a competition for. The game with the most requests will be our game for Round 12.

we need to play the best 5200 game ever...space dungeon. you can't find this game on any of the other systems, the adaption is excellent, the dual controller is genius, and this game always gets high ratings. many people get the 5200 because of this superb game.

btw, you elementary kids need to grab some beers together and enjoy watching a steelers game or something :-p

All have been played already and excluded as choices. :P

So what, are we backing ourselves into a corner from the selection?

Because that's what the person who runs these 5200 HSC's said in post #1 of this thread. :roll:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1361461

Which game would you guys want? cannot be a game we already had a competition for. The game with the most requests will be our game for Round 12.

Some other suggestions:

Pac-Man

Centipede

River Raid

All have been played already and excluded as choices. :P

So what, are we backing ourselves into a corner from the selection? It'd seem more reasonable to not repeat a game for 2-4 months, maybe.

You lose participation when you repeat games unless either the game is very new (homebrew) or you can change it up significantly. Look at the 2600 High Score Competition, and see how long it takes before Ze_ro repeats a game. With what, around 100 titles and each one running two weeks, you probably won't see a repeat for at least a year in this one. Even in the 7800 HSC, games weren't repeated within a season...except Pac-Man Collection! which is still new and has many very different variations.

Edited by shadow460

You lose participation when you repeat games unless either the game is very new (homebrew) or you can change it up significantly. Look at the 2600 High Score Competition, and see how long it takes before Ze_ro repeats a game. With what, around 100 titles and each one running two weeks, you probably won't see a repeat for at least a year in this one.
I don't mind repeats, but there are a LOT of games left to choose from. I don't think we have to cycle through every single release, but it would be nice to go through at least most of them before repeating. Just my 2c, no big deal either way.

as I'll try and compete whenever I own the game.

Why not just play via emulation if you don't own the game. All the 5200 roms are here on Atariage, and there are plenty of good emulators.

It just doesn't feel the same. :-/

I was a heavy emulator junky in middle and high school when I had no money. I just have different tastes today and try to afford the superior alternative, the real deal.

would someone be able to help me out for round 12, i forgot I will be gone this Friday til next Sunday on vacation, so I will not be able to post round 12, so if someone could do it for me I would appreciate it.

I can if you didn't get anyone yet? Tell me the game or do i pick it?

nope, you can be it. Just tally up the votes, and whatever game gets the most will be for round 12, also, if you can post the winner of round 11. The HSC go for 2 weeks.

repeats when we go through a good number of titles....super breakout, super cobra, space dungeon, countermeasure....there's too many great games for us to go back on titles like pac man.

I'll go with Joust or Defender.

I don't like emu's either (its like wearing a prophylactic during ...) for the reasons stated previously.

BTW If a game ties with votes, just flip a coin and I'll be fine with that.

If it's between those two, I'd go with Defender (since I have it), but my first choice is still Keystone Kapers.

Keystone Kapers ... now that is a game I never really tried to be good at. I am not in the mood to play 5200 Defender for several hours in a competition, myself. I vote KK , and if not that ... Megamania!
Four votes for Keystone Kapers - make it so!!! ;-)

Boy, that was a close one!

Am I going to have to create a bunch of shill accounts here to push Ms.Pac-Man into the lead? ;-) :P

*EDIT* Well, damn it, apparently it's too late for this week. :mad: HSC 13 better be Ms.Pac-Man tho, or I'm gonna go medieval up on eveyone. :twisted: :lol:

Edited by Artlover

I've been short on time the past year, but I'd like to start playing in these again, if y'all don't mind. I do not have a digital camera currently, though. Is that a problem?
I don't always post pics, especially if I know i'm nowhere near the top spot. Personally, I think the honor system is okay. Is someone REALLY going to cheat in the 5200 HSC? This is for fun, and there's no prize other than pride, which you don't get if you cheat anyways.