IGNORED

Atari Computing Magazine - Argus Press Software

spookt

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:06 AM, phaeron said:

There is a dropout on the tape:

CAS: Checksum error encountered (got 55, expected 53).
CAS: Sector sync pos: 78.741 s | End pos: 81.230 s | Baud rate: 602.42 baud | Framing errors: 2 (first at 80.03)
CAS: Completed read with status 8f to buffer $03FD; control=FC, position=81.23s (cycle 2596141), baud=602.42s, checksum=53

Signal drops to almost nothing, AGC kicks in and is able to mostly recover some of the bits, but there are about six bits that are totally lost and would need to be reconstructed:

image.thumb.png.a5415bb533edf30f701ff400dacab283.png

I had a look at this back in 2019, but couldn't figure out how to repair it. I can't find any forum updates to suggest that this been fixed in the meantime. So I've revisited this problem this morning and with some determination (and a few years experience repairing CAS files for the Atari Preservation Initiative), I've managed to fix it.

image.png.824ec1a600cc9eef6906c512025b5738.png

AlpineSkiing-FIXED.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/14/2024 at 7:00 PM, EvoluZion3 said:

Hi, sorry to dig this thread up. I'd really like to play Snake Attack and Yahtzee again, from Issue 4 Side 1. Did any of the wonderful people in this thread manage to upload a link?

It's ok, I managed to download Snake Attack by itself and have had a great time playing it. The sound effects really brought back memories of when I played this game 40 years ago!!