IGNORED

playing jaguar on the internet

ganonbanned

I read in EGM one time that they almost had jaguar on the internet, and that there were actually about 1000 modems made that were never released. I also read (on wikipedia, so it may not be true) that doom for jaguar was supposed to have online capabilities. is there any way I could set up a LAN between 2 jaguars to play doom? also, where can I get one of these "jaguar modems"? Thanks!!!

I read in EGM one time that they almost had jaguar on the internet, and that there were actually about 1000 modems made that were never released. I also read (on wikipedia, so it may not be true) that doom for jaguar was supposed to have online capabilities. is there any way I could set up a LAN between 2 jaguars to play doom? also, where can I get one of these "jaguar modems"? Thanks!!!

Im not sure about the online work but it certainly is possible...the trouble is the UART

in the jaguar is a piece of doody. T cart based lan Jack would be the smart way to do it.

The source to Jaguar Doom is readily available for anyone to dl and do as they wish with

so the possibility exsists. Remember, even PC doom was only 4 player and required the

IPX protocol if I remember correctly. It would not be hard to do if someone could figure

out a simple work around to the UART witout wasting the DSP bandwidth to poll for the

communications. It would have been in ther if Atari had a brain, other than the one in

Sam T's ass and paid Scatologic a reasonable sum for it. It could ahve ben nice for

IS I & II and I-War, AvP and a number of titles....a small license is probably all

Scatologic was asking for, but Atari was too short sighted to cough it up. It could have

been helpful.

the Jaguar Voice Modems are rare...but can be found....they work with Ultra Vortex over a LAN line....its the only game that supports the "JVM"... :cool:

The web-adapter you are talking about is "Cortina" there were rumored to be 6-8 working prototypes,but only 2 have been located or known to exist....they are complete too!!! :cool: ,they were to be used for Web-TV.....so cool... :cool: Jaguar Rules!!!

Im not sure about the online work but it certainly is possible...the trouble is the UART

in the jaguar is a piece of doody. T cart based lan Jack would be the smart way to do it.

The source to Jaguar Doom is readily available for anyone to dl and do as they wish with

so the possibility exsists. Remember, even PC doom was only 4 player and required the

IPX protocol if I remember correctly. It would not be hard to do if someone could figure

out a simple work around to the UART witout wasting the DSP bandwidth to poll for the

communications. It would have been in ther if Atari had a brain, other than the one in

Sam T's ass and paid Scatologic a reasonable sum for it. It could ahve ben nice for

IS I & II and I-War, AvP and a number of titles....a small license is probably all

Scatologic was asking for, but Atari was too short sighted to cough it up. It could have

been helpful.

Actually I believe PC doom was 8 players if I remember the old dos Networking setup for Doom

been helpful.

Actually I believe PC doom was 8 players if I remember the old dos Networking setup for Doom

Nope....Im pretty sure it was only 4....