IGNORED

Fell Victim To The Infamous Three Red Flashing Lights!

Charlie Cat

Received my "New" xbox 360 yesterday. Hooked it up, played for about an hour, went to put a different game in it, it started making awful chewing noises. I fought with it for 20 min to get the disk back out. Now I have another dead 360 AND a trashed Guitar Hero II disk to boot! :x

Edited by RxRated

• 1 month later...

Sending back my 3rd xbox 360 since December! :x :x

I spoke with a manger...she said ALL repaired consoles are updated with improved chips and cooling. I don't believe her and requested a brand new one.

She refused but did offer overnight shipping. :roll:

Received my "New" xbox 360 yesterday. Hooked it up, played for about an hour, went to put a different game in it, it started making awful chewing noises. I fought with it for 20 min to get the disk back out. Now I have another dead 360 AND a trashed Guitar Hero II disk to boot! :x

Holy Craftmatic adjustable nipple farts! You've got me leaning towards not wanting to get an Xbox 360 again.

I've had mine back for over a week now.

I have to admit that it runs much cooler than the other one's they'vre replaced it with.

I mean, WAY cooler.

Hopefully this is a good sign?

I spoke with a manger...she said ALL repaired consoles are updated with improved chips and cooling. I don't believe her and requested a brand new one.

Hi Guys:

Yep.... Microsoft did fix there models with improved chips & cooling on refurbished and new consoles. Sweet. Now buy a Xbox 360 guys (-_^)

Anthony....

Hi Guys:

Yep.... Microsoft did fix there models with improved chips & cooling on refurbished and new consoles. Sweet. Now buy a Xbox 360 guys (-_^)

Anthony....

Then why do mine keep frying?

Hi Guys:

Anthony....

Like I stated earlier. It seems odd that certain people cant keep a 360 working to save their lives. I swear it has to have something to do with something in the house maybe. Some other equipment you're interfacing with, network related or maybe electrical related?? Either that or some people just have terrible terrible luck.

Hi Guys:

Anthony....

Like I stated earlier. It seems odd that certain people cant keep a 360 working to save their lives. I swear it has to have something to do with something in the house maybe. Some other equipment you're interfacing with, network related or maybe electrical related?? Either that or some people just have terrible terrible luck.

*GASP* moycon!! I believed you said that you don't believe in luck! Remember? (-_^)

Anthony....

Edited by fdurso224

Hi Guys:

Anthony....

Assuming they give you the large box, send your power supply and cord back in with the unit and let them check that too.

Hi Guys:

Anthony....

Well, my original machine lasted 2 years. It was purchased about 4 weeks after launch, so I was surprised it lasted as long as it did. I also am not a heavy user...(It gets turned on about once a week for an hour or so). My issue has been with the garbage replacements from M$. The first lasted 2 hours use, the 2nd one lasted about 5 hours use in 4 weeks.

I have gotten a different machine each time, even though they said mine would be fixed and returned, so I'm thinking I'm probably getting a high mileage POS that one part was replaced in and was sent back out.

Steve

BTW I am sending the power supply back with this one. Have they made it smaller yet? :ponder:

BTW I am sending the power supply back with this one. Have they made it smaller yet? :ponder:

No - the Elite I picked up recently has the same size brick.

Make sure they are aware and approve of you sending the PS back, or else you're going to be short a PS.

Yeah, they requested it.