IGNORED

Any love for Journey Escape?

PressureCooker2600

I always loved it, the sheer ammount of crap on the screen, and the starfield, and it's got levels (kinda...yeah, it's the same one over and over, but it definately has an "end" unlike most atari games) The music is kinda cool too (eh...I never even heard of the band till a few years back, I had no Idea)

Anyhow, I personally can play it for hours...if ic ould only find it again, I think it got jacked or something (some bastid witll pay for that outrage)

i got mad love for this game. it's one that i played the hell out of when i was young. when i found it a few months ago in a thrift i snatched it up. didn't work at first, but a little cleaning and tlc and bang, it was playing that song as if it was brand new

Just played it the other day - A full round of saving the members and "escaping", then my wife was ready to leave (We had some shopping to do). Anyway, one of my favorites. It's funny with the Atari 2600, it really makes me think of all the other games out there for other systems where the majority or at least many people may give a game a bad review, but I may like or love it. Journey Escape falls into that category as does E.T.

I think the game is great and a lot of fun.

Bought it for the storyline. Serious. I was just a kid. It was the only Atari game to have an emotional storyline built into the gameplay. Who hasn't wanted to just escape from their life? Running from a dream gone wrong, over a sea of stars...

I had no idea it was a quick and easy marketing tie-in. Flashback foward to years later, my atari long gone, when I saw an album at a garage sale with the same cover art. It was out of my price range. Just another mystery...

Like so many others, it wasn't solved until I found my way onto the web. I thought my opinion of it changed, once I knew.

But even now, I close my eyes, and I hear the beat, and the sea of stars awaits...

For just one moment, I escape.

I was a little disappointed when I discovered that the game-play had nothing to do with the Journey coin-op arcade game (http://www.journey-tribute.com/journey/resources/arcade/). But for some reason, this was one of the few games my wife liked to play, so it was a way for us to enjoy Atari together. It really fits the definition of what they're now calling a "casual" game - one that you won't spend more than five or ten minutes at a time playing before you go on to something else. I think there was a feeling in the early 80's that video-games were "supposed" to be like that, since the whole concept was based on the arcade machines that were designed to be as efficient as possible in separating you from your pocket full of quarters.

• 3 years later...

This game is in my top 10 favorite 2600 games. Mainly Because Journey is my Second-Favorite Rock Band(Next to The Doors.) One of my favorite Parts of the Game is When you Get The "Mighty Manager"(Who looks like the Kool-aid man! :rolling: ) Who Gives You $9900 And Invincibility For Like, The Rest of the Round! I Should Get the Game in the mail Soon, Right now I'm Playing it online. How Much do I normally Have at the End of the Game?:

$0

:lol: :lol: :lolblue: :rolling: :rolling:

I'll Get Better At It with the Joystick Because To Me, The Keyboard is Not The Best way to go. :D

Edited by Cortat G