IGNORED

Any love for Journey Escape?

PressureCooker2600

I've always loved this game. It's fun but I think the premise is what I like most. You have to dodge shifty eyed promoters, sneaky photograhers and love crazed groupies. What can be more fun than that?

Being Batman, being Batman could be much more fun.

I have the game and can't really play it. The name was enough to turn me off for some reason. Just never really cared for the game at all.

Not a bad twitch game... not stellar, but wins points just for the random-looking game sprites, and the kitzch value of a vintage videogame that plays "Don't Stop Believin'" ... a song arguably more popular now than when it was first released. It's now become an American Songbook standard. So at least it's a conversation piece!

• Like 1

I loved Journey when I was a kid. I had Departure, Escape, and Frontiers on LP. Those were the days. Yes, I had the game too. It was pretty fun, but after a few rounds I got tired of it real quick. I still pop it in every now and then but after the whole band "escapes" i'm usually done with it.

The song Wheel in the Sky was one that was a lot of fun. My brother and I would always make up nonsense songs, and we'd always include Perry's "I don't know, I don't know..." fron that song when we didn't have any more lyrics to come up with. Wheel in the Sky was a real catchy tune, but the lyrics sure sounded lazy in my opinion.

Edited by Skylark68

Journey Escape for VCS is a meh game. The graphics are good, but the play gets monotonous quick. I found a pattern and could go for hours on it years ago, but what's the point? You keep repeating the same playfields over and over ad infinitum.

I dunno, people seem to like Yars Revenge though.

Journey Escape for VCS is a meh game. The graphics are good, but the play gets monotonous quick. I found a pattern and could go for hours on it years ago, but what's the point? You keep repeating the same playfields over and over ad infinitum.

I love the throb of a good game of Yars Revenge. I never did find a copy of Yar though. Wonder why he was so hellbent on revenge? ;)

Y, but as for me, repetitive games are no fun. That is why many of the Activision games that people consider great don't impress me. I cannot play Keystone Kapers or Pitfall much at all due to the repetitiveness factor.

arcade version was better

You can say that again!

You can stop saying it since Journey Escape and the Journey Arcade are not the same game. Escape came out in 1982 and shares the artwork with the Journey Escape Album from a year prior. The arcade references the Frontiers album which was released in 1983. So one is not a version of the other. The arcade is better though.

You can stop saying it since Journey Escape and the Journey Arcade are not the same game. Escape came out in 1982 and shares the artwork with the Journey Escape Album from a year prior. The arcade references the Frontiers album which was released in 1983. So one is not a version of the other. The arcade is better though.

Actually, Bally Midway licensed Journey Escape from Data Age, so they are related.

Actually, Bally Midway licensed Journey Escape from Data Age, so they are related.

So why is the arcade game based on Frontiers?

• Like 1