IGNORED

Xenophobe XE now for sale?

DracIsBack

I think everyone should place an order and buy the game. Hopefully he can get his money back.

Here is a mock up of an alternate label. Which do you guys like better?

Personally, I like this one better. Are you going to be offering this one for $5 + shipping?

tjb

Fandal got that prototype on ebay for an astronomical price, just to be sure it doesn't get into non-sharing-collectors hands.

The price was 2,000€ (This was the auction at eBay). Then he sold it with loss (don't know how much) to Video61 and gets a small amount for every sold cart. He will never get back his invested money - not even if any active atarian on this board would buy a cart at video61.

I don't think the price is unfair. In my opinion it would be extremely unfair to spread the ROM for free and take Fandal any chance to get at least some of his money back.

Does he plan to make the ROM available at some point?

..Al

I think everyone should place an order and buy the game. Hopefully he can get his money back.

Here is a mock up of an alternate label. Which do you guys like better?

Personally, I like this one better. Are you going to be offering this one for $5 + shipping?

tjb

Sure I can do that. Printing a sheet right now...

Fandal got that prototype on ebay for an astronomical price, just to be sure it doesn't get into non-sharing-collectors hands.

The price was 2,000€ (This was the auction at eBay). Then he sold it with loss (don't know how much) to Video61 and gets a small amount for every sold cart. He will never get back his invested money - not even if any active atarian on this board would buy a cart at video61.

I don't think the price is unfair. In my opinion it would be extremely unfair to spread the ROM for free and take Fandal any chance to get at least some of his money back.

Does he plan to make the ROM available at some point?

..Al

I think Fandal said he deleted his copy of the ROM after he sold the game to Video 61.

Mitch

Hi all!

Thank you for all kudos. Yes, I wanted to save Xenophobe proto for community though I didn't expect to pay so much money. Now I just hope to get some money back as I'm paid $5 by Video 61 for each sold cart. So please don't make Xenophobe dump public available at this time. I paid more than $2400 (with all taxes) for the proto and that's a lot of money for me.

F.

Hi all!

Thank you for all kudos. Yes, I wanted to save Xenophobe proto for community though I didn't expect to pay so much money. Now I just hope to get some money back as I'm paid $5 by Video 61 for each sold cart. So please don't make Xenophobe dump public available at this time. I paid more than $2400 (with all taxes) for the proto and that's a lot of money for me.

F.

Why oh why did you sell it for a loss? You should be the one selling the carts for $50 a pop, then when you got your $$ back you can feel good to offer the ROM to the community! Now at $5 each it will take decades to recoup! LOL

Thank you though for buying it and making it available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hi all!

F.

I didn't know you had done this. But as a result, I am now going to buy a copy!

Thanks Fandal.

• 1 year later...
Hi all!

F.

Well... I am going to buy one too.. and I rarely ever play games!!

• 1 year later...

Here is a high res version of the label

Thanks Tjalzer. I have recently bought Xenophobe, Commando and Midi Maze cartridges from Video61. I use your label and remake it to create also labels for Commando and Midi Maze. Here are results:

kartridze.jpg

Here is a high res version of the label

Thanks Tjalzer. I have recently bought Xenophobe, Commando and Midi Maze cartridges from Video61. I use your label and remake it to create also labels for Commando and Midi Maze. Here are results:

kartridze.jpg

All three of these games turned out surprisingly well on the XE! Love your labels too. The V61 ones are pretty low quality though they did their part by making the cartridge at all, IMO.

Those look great, I'm pretty sure that's what Commando and Xenophobe would have looked like. If you want to see what the real Midi Maze label there's a mock up manual with it out there somewhere (I need to find it). I have a mock up of the box but no artwork (although you can sort of see it under the square and on the back): http://www.atariprotos.com/8bit/software/midimaze/protobox.htm

Tempest

I've decided to rework my Midi Maze label, as I wasn't fully satisfied of it. Here are the results:

img5142z.jpg

img5144i.jpg

img5147d.jpg

If anybody want to have such a lebel of his cartridge, here are a 300 DPI reolution images. Technique is cheap and easy. I print it on self adhesive paper using my inkjet printer (Canon Ip3600). Then I stick a self adhesive transparent foil on it. After that I make use of my scissors and finally stick a label on a cartridge. Fell free to use it anyway you want.

midimazexe.jpg

commandoxe.jpg

Someone needs to convert ZENOPHOBE to .XEX...

Joking again? Have you read post 31?

I guess he just has a unique sense of humor (unless his heart is hard like metal) :D :D

Poor Fandal...... :evil:

I agree with Metalguy. Dump the ROM, get it out to the community.

Video61? Is this the guy that runs around threatening Atari developers and even Atariage with lawsuits? No thank you, we should all be boycotting Video61.