IGNORED

MELBOURNE TATTY Shipped!

neotokeo2001

As far as I know its all 100% homebrew using bBasic:)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91375

It is an original game programmed in Batari Basic by Edward Griffiths with additional programming by Batari. You can play some of the older versions and follow the original progress of the game at the thread mentioned above. The new version has features and improvements missing from the older versions.

I would call Melbourne Tatty an Action Puzzle game. There are 20 different levels. Here is some gameplay info:

Navigating the Maze

Use the left joystick to move around the screen. The walls randomly shift and move . Walls may block you, but they won't block the wolf! Try to gather the golden treasures as they appear on the screen. You get ten points for every treasure you collect. If you can recover ten treasures, you'll move on to the next level.

Press the fire button to put down a golden decoy. The wolf will leave you alone and pursue the decoy until he grabs it. Use this time to put some distance between you! You get three decoys at the start of every level. Every time you place a decoy, your decoy meter on the bottom left side of the screen will decrease. You get fifty bonus points for every unused decoy at the end of the level.

Hazards

The wolf pursues you relentlessly across the screen. He'll move one room at a time through the maze, pausing briefly in every room he reaches. You'll hear a warning tone shortly before he moves. If he catches you, you'll lose one life. You get three lives before the game is over.

BTW will there be a box for this game or just the cart and manual? If you wanted a box art I could do the same as I did on Pac-Man Collection, http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1173395

Having a box with the game would add at least $10 (probably around $35 total) to the price of the game. I am planning on having the first 10-15 copies have boxes with the rest of the run just cartridge and manual. If you want to design the box that would be great.

I saw a post about this elsewhere (RG I think), but anyway, it looks really cool. I especially like the art & poster.

I played an older version (for the 1st time right now) from the other thread. Didn't get very far at all! (Wolf is harder to avoid than a kleptomaniacal troll).

Kudos for the new 2600 game.

A few more cool additions. Each copy of the game will come with a flyer with the previously posted Melbourne Tatty Comic Ad. The game package will also include Character Cutouts.

papercutoutpromosmall.gif

And the manual will have some behind the scenes information on the design and programming of Melbourne Tatty.

Here is some early concept art for the game.

melbournetattypreartworgu2small.gif

I am going to try to have 15 Boxed Copies of the game and 20 copies without the box. I am still not ready to have any type of reserve list but I will take into consideration anyone that has already posted interest in getting a copy. The release target is late November.

I am going to try to have 15 Boxed Copies of the game and 20 copies without the box. I am still not ready to have any type of reserve list but I will take into consideration anyone that has already posted interest in getting a copy.

In that case, maybe I'd better say that I'd prefer a boxed copy, but would settle for an unboxed copy. :)

Michael