IGNORED

Satandisk SD/MMC card HD interface

Maybe I was not clear enough: with TOS 1.02 loading of BigDOS from C:\AUTO works not. Did you try with 2.06 (installed in RAM)?

Got it, just tried that and it does work.

To make F19 run at 60Hz we need only one command (add to source, then assemble): MOVE.B #2,$FF820A.W

I added launcher for 60Hz in archive: F19RD60.TOS

Thanks for taking a look at that! I ran it though and it flipped the desktop to 50hz and F19 is still at 50hz.

I think my problem with HDDRIVER 8.20 TOS/FAT is much bigger than I had previously thought. No matter what I do I can't get the ST itself to read/write to the Satandisk MMC after it's formatted TOS/FAT. It may just not work at all. Running BigDOS after HDDRIVER floppy boot will let me see things I wrote to the TOS/FAT card on the PC, but of course the ST is all hosed after doing so.

chine always freaks out.

Say - I've been using your HD converted games as well, any chance of you changing that F19 pack to run at 60Hz? :ponder: :)

For games that don't offer a switch option but don't force a certain setting either, my 50/60Hz utilities might help. Check http://paradize.final-memory.org/tools.shtml

Thanks for taking a look at that! I ran it though and it flipped the desktop to 50hz and F19 is still at 50hz.

Well - some games are made for specific framerate (sometimes only because of distribution considerations - to allow not users on other continent to play it! ).

I will try to find where is framerate switch in game, but it may be not easy, and there is a chance that it will not work at all after changes (because of bad timing).

You should look after US version of game. I have Starglider US version which resets if is started from 50Hz, but there is European version on WEB too - for instance on some Automation menu disk.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Atarians,

I am new to this channel, but actually I am an old Atarian, using Atari since 1983. I have almost bought all models of Atari ever released.

I am not a collector.

Some weeks ago, I bought a second hand Satandisk and I have succesfully formated the SD with HDDriver 7.80. It runs great !! Lovely piece of hardware.

Now, I read that there is a software that can be used to transfer files from my PC to the Atari formatted SD and it's called: satandisk pperas drimus ??!!??

As the site is not working anymore, could you please send it to my email, or place it somewhere to download it ?

Thank you all and nice to meet you.

I got mine. It's really cool! I just wish there was an easier way to mount .st disk images to install demos and such... i'm running an STE w/ tos 1.6

There is now version of IMGRF (Image Runner Fast) for TOS 1.06/1.62 .

http://www.ppest.org/atari/imgrun.php

Odd. When I click on that link I get a pest control website.... :)

Hello Atarians,

I am new to this channel, but actually I am an old Atarian, using Atari since 1983. I have almost bought all models of Atari ever released.

I am not a collector.

Some weeks ago, I bought a second hand Satandisk and I have succesfully formated the SD with HDDriver 7.80. It runs great !! Lovely piece of hardware.

Now, I read that there is a software that can be used to transfer files from my PC to the Atari formatted SD and it's called: satandisk pperas drimus ??!!??

As the site is not working anymore, could you please send it to my email, or place it somewhere to download it ?

Umm, you do know that you can format a 1 gig SD card so that its both Atari and Windows compatible, right? Not sure what version of HDDriver you have to have though. I've got 8.15 (need to update), and it works with that.

Here is a link - read it for the guide. I used it and it worked fine with my setup:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15764

Hello Atarians,

I am not a collector.

Umm, you do know that you can format a 1 gig SD card so that its both Atari and Windows compatible, right? Not sure what version of HDDriver you have to have though. I've got 8.15 (need to update), and it works with that.

Here is a link - read it for the guide. I used it and it worked fine with my setup:

http://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15764

Thank you very much for your answer.

I formatted the 512MB SD to FAT via the PC, then I created a partition to my Atari (using HDDriver 7.80), now the SD is accesible from PC and Atari as you said. The only problem I face is that I cannot boot from the SD. So, I boot from a floppy disk, HDDRIVER finds the SD and then I have access to the files inside the SD.

I had experienced hard disk problems with this STE in the past. It's possible that I have the version of the problematic DMA chip, I am not sure.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your advise.

My Atari is a 1040 STE 4MB with TOS 2.06.