IGNORED

Transformers---Cause of the Eighties Game Crash?

Starhopper

You know those little epiphanies you get out of nowhere? I had one today. My son was playing with a little bit of plastic he got a little while back from Sandwitch Monarch ;) . It was the Megatron action figure pictured here:

S5300006.jpg

A Transformers collector from the early days, I took a closer look, wondering what the heck they'd done to Megatron for this new movie. Turning him around, I was perplexed to see what? An ATARI Fuji on Megatron's ass?!!

S5300008.jpg

Of course, I drew the only conclusion possible... ATARI didn't collapse. The best parts of it left this world to conquer the Universe!

S5300009.jpg

Peace Through ATARI Tyrrany!!!!

:lol:

Funny, I always thought Nintendo killed Atari. ;)

Of course, I liked both Atari and Transformers back in the day. Oddly enough, that hasn't changed.

Same here (though techincally, if the rumors are true, Atari killed atari by not buying out Nintendo when they had the chance)

Transformers...and Atari. Those were the days.

WTF version of Megatron is that supposed to be anyways? I'm not familiar with it at all.

Of course, I liked both Atari and Transformers back in the day. Oddly enough, that hasn't changed.

Same here (though techincally, if the rumors are true, Atari killed atari by not buying out Nintendo when they had the chance)

WTF version of Megatron is that supposed to be anyways? I'm not familiar with it at all.

That's a Happy Meal version of Megatron from the recent new live action movie. He's not in most of the movie, just thawed out for the final battle. Doesn't have many lines, but he sounds like Agent Smith. ;)

Here's an image of Megs: http://us.i1.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com...00493880518.jpg

That's a Happy Meal version of Megatron from the recent new live action movie. He's not in most of the movie, just thawed out for the final battle. Doesn't have many lines, but he sounds like Agent Smith. ;)

Here's an image of Megs: http://us.i1.yimg.com/img.movies.yahoo.com...00493880518.jpg

I haven't seen the movie yet. What does he transform into? A giant wad of twisted metal? :ponder:

I haven't seen the movie yet. What does he transform into? A giant wad of twisted metal? :ponder:

An airplane :x

Some kind of alien/Cybertronian jet. It's really vague. He's OK in the movie... very evil. The movie was good. It's coming out on DVD in October, worth renting if you're interested. I'll be buying it.

• 3 weeks later...

The movie was pretty good i agree, but they totally screwed up Megatron. I guess the toy companies aren't too keen on having a main character turn into a Walther P-38 handgun anymore. I really couldn't tell what he was supposed to be in the movie even in robot form. It just looked like a big blob of CGI. The '84 edition of Transformers was definitely the best. I don't know how much it contributed to the death of Atari, but I know for sure that I got my parents to buy me some Transformers instead of Atari games. That was even while the games were $.99 sometimes. My brother got Optimus for Christmas that year, and i had to settle with Skywarp. From then on my brother bought the Autobots and I got the Decepticons (except when Smokescreen came out - he was too cool). Kind of weird how that works out.