IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello Guys,

please feel free to push me for results. :)

Today i am working on the Bootloader.

The last 3 days i do some improvements.

Since 1 week the workload on my job go down to 80% :cool: after some Month with 150% workload. :woozy:

The next 3 weeks the workload will stay at 70-90%, this means i can go home from work at 5:00 pm. Enough time for coding now!

Please wait around 2 weeks to finish and testing the Bootloader, than the Beta-Test will start.

Regards Lynxman

How did I miss this thread? That looks great. So does it load one game at a time or is it a multicart? Either way I'll probably end up getting one if the price is right. I've always wanted an excuse to learn programming on the Lynx and this may be it.

If it can hold 512k....

I wonder if it could actually play the EotB rom... if it were released that is. The ROM is available... but only through certain people. So essetially... could that be a way around the 'expensive board' 'rare and hard to find chips' needed in order to make an EotB cart? I understand that saving the game my be unavailable... but still. It seems (from a layman) as though it could be an option.

Right?

Hello Guys,

please feel free to push me for results. :)

Today i am working on the Bootloader.

The last 3 days i do some improvements.

Since 1 week the workload on my job go down to 80% :cool: after some Month with 150% workload. :woozy:

The next 3 weeks the workload will stay at 70-90%, this means i can go home from work at 5:00 pm. Enough time for coding now!

Please wait around 2 weeks to finish and testing the Bootloader, than the Beta-Test will start.

Regards Lynxman

I would definetly buy one!

Hi Lynxman

How many games can it store in one go? :?:

I'd really be interested in a single cart that will hold loads of ROM images and homebrew stuff that I can take with me instead of having to lug all my carts around when I take my Lynx anywhere...

PS: I prefer to play the original Lynx rather than use an emulator.

Hi Lynxman

How many games can it store in one go? :?:

I'd really be interested in a single cart that will hold loads of ROM images and homebrew stuff that I can take with me instead of having to lug all my carts around when I take my Lynx anywhere...

PS: I prefer to play the original Lynx rather than use an emulator.

Take a look at post 37 in this thread. It holds one game image at a time as it's intended more as a development tool.

Mitch

Take a look at post 37 in this thread. It holds one game image at a time as it's intended more as a development tool.

Mitch

Oh, yes thanks - I missed that for some reason.

Shame about Lynxman's cart not being a multigame cart, but good news for game development. :)

Would anyone else on this forum be interested in a true multigame cart? I'm thinking stick all your ROM images and homebrew on a memory card (FAT filesystem, for example) and be able to select and play them on the actual Lynx...

Would be pretty cool I think. :cool:

Mitch

Oh, yes thanks - I missed that for some reason.

Shame about Lynxman's cart not being a multigame cart, but good news for game development. :)

Would anyone else on this forum be interested in a true multigame cart? I'm thinking stick all your ROM images and homebrew on a memory card (FAT filesystem, for example) and be able to select and play them on the actual Lynx...

Would be pretty cool I think. :cool:

Please feel free to develop a multigame Flashcart.

Edited by Lynxman