IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

Delivery will start in April.

First lot is 25pcs. It is NOT limited. If all 25pcs will be sold, i will produce additional Cards.

Price is 79€ + shipping.

Congratulations! It's nice to see that flash carts are available again. For developers this is definitely good news!

I also assume that your USB transfer will be lightning fast compared to my ComLynx approach (15 minutes upload time - sigh).

--

Karri

I also assume that your USB transfer will be lightning fast compared to my ComLynx approach (15 minutes upload time - sigh).

Yes, at 155kbauds, it is just a question of seconds for a 256k ROM.

Your flashcard is great, and I used it a lot for Yastuna games, but I usually flashed new versions once in a week (or once in a day when doing heavy modification) and I still use it to flash some stable version (for comparisons).

Now, with Lynxman Flaschcard, I usually flash maybe 10 times in the same evening :cool: . I mostly use Handy only to check graphisms (pixels position with Handy zoom).

Delivery will start in April.

First lot is 25pcs. It is NOT limited. If all 25pcs will be sold, i will produce additional Cards.

Price is 79€ + shipping.

Congratulations! It's nice to see that flash carts are available again. For developers this is definitely good news!

--

Karri

Hi Karri,

upload of 512K is done in 1 minute if using 115200 Baud.

Only lame boring slow is the Firmwareupdate. But i think there is no need to do it every day. ;)

If you still make them in one year, I'll be willing to buy one as well.

Yes, there will always be a Version of FlashCard available.

Lynxman

If you still make them in one year, I'll be willing to buy one as well.

Yes, there will always be a Version of FlashCard available.

Lynxman

The reason why I'll wait has two main reasons: 1. I recently spent $350 for shipping some old computer, and 2. before I'm 18 years (I'm 17 now), all payments have to go through my parents.

You connect the FlashCard with the PC, load the game into the Flash of the FlashCard and than you insert it into the Lynx.

You can use .LNX files and .LYX (.BIN).

.O is not possible, because the Lynx can not run .O Files. You have to convert the .O to .LNX (.LYX) because at the start up of the system the Lynx try to decrypt the first 512 Byte.

For converting .O -> .LYX you have to use a tool called LYNXER.COM in the DOS-Box.

USB cable is included. It use the Mini-USB on FlashCard side.

Thank you for confirming/clarifying that info!

My only other question relates to converting .O files to .LYX. Where do I find LYNXER.COM? I did a Google search (and a topic search on AtariAge) but found nothing.

Thanks,

Smeg

You connect the FlashCard with the PC, load the game into the Flash of the FlashCard and than you insert it into the Lynx.

You can use .LNX files and .LYX (.BIN).

.O is not possible, because the Lynx can not run .O Files. You have to convert the .O to .LNX (.LYX) because at the start up of the system the Lynx try to decrypt the first 512 Byte.

For converting .O -> .LYX you have to use a tool called LYNXER.COM in the DOS-Box.

USB cable is included. It use the Mini-USB on FlashCard side.

Useful info! Thanks.

PM sent to get one of the flash cards several days ago (perfect time, I just completed my CIB collection!) I was just wondering if you will confirm that I am getting one, or on the list.

Thanks,

AX

I am curious too as to how the process will work for ordering and when it will commence. Having sent the PM a couple days ago, I don't want to wait around with baited breath if I missed the 25 buyer cutt-off.

PM sent to get one of the flash cards several days ago (perfect time, I just completed my CIB collection!) I was just wondering if you will confirm that I am getting one, or on the list.

Thanks,

AX

I am curious too as to how the process will work for ordering and when it will commence. Having sent the PM a couple days ago, I don't want to wait around with baited breath if I missed the 25 buyer cutt-off.

Lynxman clearly stated that there will be no 25 buyer cut-off, he will produce the card as long as he gets orders. So nothing to worry about.

Hello all,

first 1 news: the Lynx FlashCard is only a part of my life and not a kind of 24/7 issue. ;)

Sometimes i have to go to work, business trips, birthday partys etc ;)

Thank you for your understanding!

Everyone write only 1 email/PM, but i receive >30 and it needs a lot time to answer all. So i think it is better to do some kind of answer here in the thread. :)

Special questions i already answered.

Order List:

atarimonster ...... Nexgam .... 1pcs

Mitch ............... AtariAge ... 1

remowilliams ...... AtariAge ... 1

Atari Smeghead . AtariAge ... 1

EricDeLee ......... AtariAge ... 1

4ever2600 ........ AtariAge ... 2

ls650 ............... AtariAge ... 1

Mark_Wolfe ....... AtariAge ... 1

doctorclu .......... AtariAge ... 1

the.golden.axe .. AtariAge .... 1

rygar ............... AtariAge .... 1

tjb .................. AtariAge .... 1

dubchaser ........ JSII .......... 1

0187em ........... JSII .......... 1

Omf ................ JSII .......... 1

Wosch ............ Atari-home . 1

dbsys ............. Atari-home . 1

jimmy ............. Atari-home . 1

Fadest ............ Email ......... 1

matashen ........ Email ......... 1

NN ................. Email ......... 3

Lynxman ......... :-) ............ 1

total .............................. 25pcs

If anyone missing his name, please contact me.

Details about payment, shipping cost etc:

Please wait some days.

Please feel free to order the FlashCard. 2nd lot will be produced. There is no schedule until now, but it will be inside 2nd quarter 2009.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

little change: (why it is not possible for me to edit my last posting?)

NN ................. Email ......... 1

Odie One ........ Email .......... 1

Vince ............. Email .......... 1

Ask Al and I beleive he can change it so you may edit your posts for this thread only.

If it was in the Marketplace, you would be able to but the Edit feature has changed for most Forums.

Please put me down for one of the 2nd batch. I will PM once as well.

I've been watching this for a few years patiently waiting for this to happen.

Is very good news, Great work! :)