IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

I'm really looking forward to this cart as well. I haven't seen anything about payment yet either golden.axe. I think he's delayed until the end of June for stuff like that. As long as we're on the list here I think we'll be fine. I have my money waiting for when it comes to ordering :)

Actually I have a question, is the cart a PCB or does it have a case? From the size of typical carts, I don't see a lot of space, but then again I saw the Neoflash PC Engine flash cart has a case so it would probably be possible. Doesn't matter to me either way too much, if it's a PCB I'll just be very careful and very static-free when using :) Do we know if the cart will have any SRAM available?

Also, I guess since I'm a bit new to the atari lynx programming community, can anyone tell me how hard it is to code for? Is it usually assembly or are there any C compilers? I've worked on GBA and Jakks Pacific (those TV devices) before in a studio I worked at, but those were probably more powerful than a lynx. Maybe I could work on a simple RPG game (like dragon quest style) or something if I get time sometime. This system needs at least one RPG :P

Also, I guess since I'm a bit new to the atari lynx programming community, can anyone tell me how hard it is to code for? Is it usually assembly or are there any C compilers?

I've used the free CC65 for development on the Atari 7800. It also has a Lynx port. There is a programming forum for the Lynx on AA too. Its not got many threads in it, unlike the other Atari systems.

Nope.

Like others have said... it has been delayed.

What I have is something someone sent me so the dump can be made and we can then figure out what else needs to be completed in order to get everything up and running for individual carts.

:)

I am eager about this flash cart as well. I can't wait to get it!

So Eric, did you get your Flash cart already? I'm not sure but in the EotB thread it kinda sounded like you did.

Lynxman: Did I miss something, thought I was on the list but hadn't been told anything about payment yet that I recall (I am getting old though) I don't mind waiting, but please be sure to let me know when it is time, since I really want this. It's the reason I completed my Retail boxed collection.

Thanks,

AX

Hello all,

i will send a PM to all of you after finish the manual.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Actually I have a question, is the cart a PCB or does it have a case? From the size of typical carts, I don't see a lot of space, but then again I saw the Neoflash PC Engine flash cart has a case so it would probably be possible. Doesn't matter to me either way too much, if it's a PCB I'll just be very careful and very static-free when using :) Do we know if the cart will have any SRAM available?

No SRAM.

I use FlashRom.

No case, its "only" a PCB.

Please read the thread. There are only 12 pages. ;)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Yeah, since I posted that I saw that it was PCB. I don't mind if its a PCB board, like I said, I definitely want the cart either way :D I have other carts that are PCB, so it's not a problem for me. Although, I wouldn't taste them myself, easy way to short circuit it that way :P I know how you feel though.

Hello all,

one comment:

If you already place a order for the FlashCard, please do not order again. OK, if you want to order a 2nd FlashCard, please write "2nd" into the PM.

The FlashCard is real Hardware. It´s no Fake. Some people already got it, but without manual.

I don´t want to do supporting 50+ people for the first steps. So please understand that i do not ship out untill the manual is ready.

I do as fast as possible, because the 50 FlashCards i made are much money i paid for the PCBs and components and of cause there was some developement tools!

This is on of the reasons why i push myself every day.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Edited by Lynxman

Hello all,

one comment:

If you already place a order for the FlashCard, please do not order again. OK, if you want to order a 2nd FlashCard, please write "2nd" into the PM.

The FlashCard is real Hardware. It´s no Fake. Some people already got it, but without manual.

I don´t want to do supporting 50+ people for the first steps. So please understand that i do not ship out untill the manual is ready.

I do as fast as possible, because the 50 FlashCards i made are much money i paid for the PCBs and components and of cause there was some developement tools!

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Sounds great. Take your time, and thanks for staying in touch.

Hello all,

one comment:

Kind Regards

Lynxman

I agree. I´ll rather wait for the manual to be finished and shipped with the hardware than figuring out things myself.

Lynxman, take the time needed to finish this project up to your satisfaction.

yes yes yes! so close! i can taste the pcb in my mouth, the warm lucious metallic solder on my tongue! oh.. wait.. did i just say that out loud?

It's okay, I've been known to "love" my games too. You are amongst friends. :evil:

AX

Amongest Pervs ;)

I might lick mine too!

Other things might hurt! :ponder:

Good news everyone!

The manual is almost finished. Atari Smeghead is now checking the english version.

Please send me a PM with your postal adress. (Don´t forget country!) Within 1 week i will send you informations about the shipping.

If you final agree, i send you the payment details.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Good news everyone!

The manual is almost finished. Atari Smeghead is now checking the english version.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you with this! I went through it last night and today, and have sent the edited manual back to Lynxman.

We're getting so close, everyone! Yay!

Cheers,

Smeg (Randy)

PS - PM sent as well!