IGNORED

My Lynx Flash Card / What do you think?

Lynxman

PM sent. This is just too good to be true for me. Skunkboard for the Jaguar and now an Atari Lynx flash card. Good time to be an Atari fan

PM sent here too. I wish they still made those Skunkboards.... :( It's always sad when you hear about something like that after it's been taken off the market.

PM sent. This is just too good to be true for me. Skunkboard for the Jaguar and now an Atari Lynx flash card. Good time to be an Atari fan

PM sent here too. I wish they still made those Skunkboards.... :( It's always sad when you hear about something like that after it's been taken off the market.

Well the Skunkboard was released, and the initial run was quick. They made a second run giving months of notice. Not implying you've been under a rock since October, but really, did you just get in the Jaguar scene?

As for this flash card for the Lynx, been in the works for about a year, I've been following religiously, so hopefully no one will feel this one slipped by either.

Hello Everyone,

Packing and Manual are now in production.

I think end of April i will latest ship out the FlashCards to everyone on the List. (1st and 2nd lot!)

My next target is to visit the AC near Paris next weekend. If everything will be in time, i deliver the first 5 pcs at this meeting.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Hi Lynxman,

I can't recall but am I on the list? I do want one!

Atarian63

Thanks!

Well the Skunkboard was released, and the initial run was quick. They made a second run giving months of notice. Not implying you've been under a rock since October, but really, did you just get in the Jaguar scene?

As for this flash card for the Lynx, been in the works for about a year, I've been following religiously, so hopefully no one will feel this one slipped by either.

I don't know how I missed the Skunkboard, since I do remember this lynx flash cart being announced last year (though at the time I wasn't sure if it was just a prototype or a rumor). I was also following the JagCF at the time too, which does seem to be cancelled or something now. Anyway, life (school, work, my own projects, etc) came up again for a few months, and I only recently came back hoping that the lynx cart was released or would be released soon. If somehow in that timespan or before it, the skunkboard was announced all across the internet (and then sold out) then somehow I missed it in my search for a Jaguar flash cart. Just unlucky in that regard I guess...

If you define "jaguar scene" as going through atariage and such other boards, I'm not an avid message board follower. I run into them every once in a while if google points there, and then I bookmark such threads and such. I only recently got a Jaguar of my own last year (though I saw them in my youth and in college), and I've really enjoyed playing through a bunch of these games, though I am sad there was never really an RPG presence (seems the hardware could definitely have done it), but that seems to be a larger theme with Atari systems unfortunately. Anyway, like the N64, it's sad that such a system never had a long lasting flash cart (without a finite run). Maybe someday someone (maybe Tototek?) will find a way to offer a Jaguar flash cart without having a limited run. At least I haven't missed out on getting my Lynx a nice flash cart though :D

[Off topic]

I was also following the JagCF at the time too, which does seem to be cancelled or something now.

The project is still going on, I saw the 5 first prototype PCB at last AC show, they are now soldered (by hand, many hours of work for only 1 prototype) and in test and debugging. They replace the old prototype previously show last years.

Final prodution should occur maybe this year.

You can have more infos and photos at http://www.jagware.org

[/Off topic]

Sorry for the off topic.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone got any payment PM's from Lynxman? I myself haven't heard peep from him. Can't wait for the Lynx flash card

Hi,

no one got it until now.

Please wait a little bit more.

Until sunday i will provide all datas.

I will collect the money when i am ready.

Think about what you will feel if i collected the money at the beginning of 2009. And than shifting for some month.

I think this is the better way.

After i final start to sell 1st and 2nd run, it will be not longer be so long waiting time for all who order FlashCards from 3rd run. :)

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Hello all,

sorry, the last some days was very busy for me. (12-15h each day)

I will send the payment details the next 3 days.

Sorry for more waiting time.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

I just got your PM about payment and I have to say I am a little confused about the shipping cost. Can you provide a breakdown of the costs for shipping? the weight of the final package and why it will be almost $25 American dollars to ship something so small? I won't even ask about the insured package, which is half again as much as the flash card at $40 Euros. is there some tarrif or tax? customs or something? why is it so expensive?

Perhaps if you explained it, I can feel better about it. I never expected shipping to be so high.

Atleast you received a PM regarding shipping costs. I have yet to receive mine, I don't want to miss out on the ultimate Atari Lynx accessory.

Though I do understand Lynxman is probably flat out with the whole process.

Edited by panzer

I just got your PM about payment and I have to say I am a little confused about the shipping cost. Can you provide a breakdown of the costs for shipping? the weight of the final package and why it will be almost $25 American dollars to ship something so small?

Remember that Lynxman will pay posting fees in euros, and if exchange rate is very good for us when we buy in USD because USD is so weak, it is of course not good for you beacause euos prices has not been adapted for US customers (unfortunately :D). 25 USD is far less than 20 euros. I know by experience that Lynxman use very good packaging for shipment also (so heavy protection = more pricey).

How much would cost a shipment from US to Europe ?

Make conversion with 1=1 rate (yes, usually, services or goods that cost x USD are x EUR or even more here, except local & specifics goods)

Then, usually, we are overpriced here...

stupid US dollar falling everyday, what a joke.

anyways, paypal sent, and cant wait to recieve it. :)

its a bit pricey, but that'll weed out the not-so-serious collectors and programmers from the rest ;)

im sure over time when he ramps up manufacturing it'll come down a bit.. but hey, "you gotta pay to play!"

Its the normal package service for insured packages with tracking code...

here is the table of DHL i made it bold where you find the service for USA

PACKAGES WITH TRACKING CODE:

This means I (and you also) can follow the whereabouts of the package. Obliged for packages above 2 kg.

This is devided into zones. please search your country and find the zone for that country.

EU 1: Belgium - Luxemburg - Denmark (excl. Faraöer Islands and Greenland) - Netherland - France (incl. Monaco / Corsica) -

Italy (excl. San Marino / Vatican City) - Austria - Spain (incl. Balaeric Islands, excl. Canary Islands) -

Sweden - United Kingdom (excl. Gibraltar / Channel Islands)

EU 2: Bulgaria - Estland - Finland - Hungary - Ireland - Latvia - Lithuania - Poland - Portugal (incl. Azores / Madeira) -

Romania - Slovakia - Slovenia - Tsjechië

RoW 1: Albania - Andorra - Bosnia Herzegovina - Canary Islands - Channel Islands - Croatia - Cyprus -

Faeröer Islands - Gibraltar - Greenland - Greece - Iceland - Liechtenstein - Macedonia - Malta - Moldavia

Montenegro - Norway - San Marino - Servia - Switzerland - Turkey - Ukraine - Vatican City -

White-Russia -

RoW 2: all other countries (among others: Australia, Brasil, Canada, China, Hongkong, Israel, Japan, New-zealand, Russia, USA)

PACKAGES WITH TRACKING CODE

EU 1 EU 2 RoW 1 RoW 2

0-2 kg 13,10 18,80 18,80 24,10

2-5 kg 19,50 24,50 25,00 34,20

5-10 kg 25,20 30,80 31,20 57,10

10-20 kg 34,10 39,80 41,30 104,10

Sorry, dont get it into tableform, so its a little bit strange to read

EDIT: Prices in Euro, todays changevalue 1,-€ = 1,389$

Edited by matashen

EU 1 EU 2 RoW 1 RoW 2

But the 24,10 is not insured for 79 Euro. Only around 20 Euro.

If you want to have the full amount of 79 Euro it is 35 Euro. (The price in the shown table is a little bit different.)

Please note, i am no chinese company which ship out 100K units in one month. Of cause they can do the shippment for 5 or 6 Euro, they have special contract with the shipping companys.

And for the chinese company it do not matter if some shippments get lost. The electronic stuff they produce, is not so expansive. They can easy send it again.

Additional i have to pay for every payment via paypal some fee.

I don´t want to pay this. Inside Europe it is no problem to do cheap moneytransfer (exclude France) so i do paypal "only" for the people outside Europe.

Sorry, but the 79 Euro is calculated for everyone. I don´t want to make different price for each country wourldwide.

The alternate way is a mixed calculation and a price including shipping, paypal fee, packing etc. In this case no one have a choise.

Please understand that i don´t want tp discuss with everyone via PM.

Sometimes i order something in the US, and than i have to pay much money for shippment.

But i think if the FlashCard is used as a development tool (it is a develoopment tool!) everyone will get the money back. ;)

OK, if someone can not pay the shippment, no problem to cancel the preorder.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

EU 1 EU 2 RoW 1 RoW 2

But the 24,10 is not insured for 79 Euro. Only around 20 Euro.

If you want to have the full amount of 79 Euro it is 35 Euro. (The price in the shown table is a little bit different.)

Please note, i am no chinese company which ship out 100K units in one month. Of cause they can do the shippment for 5 or 6 Euro, they have special contract with the shipping companys.

And for the chinese company it do not matter if some shippments get lost. The electronic stuff they produce, is not so expansive. They can easy send it again.

Additional i have to pay for every payment via paypal some fee.

I don´t want to pay this. Inside Europe it is no problem to do cheap moneytransfer (exclude France) so i do paypal "only" for the people outside Europe.

Sorry, but the 79 Euro is calculated for everyone. I don´t want to make different price for each country wourldwide.

The alternate way is a mixed calculation and a price including shipping, paypal fee, packing etc. In this case no one have a choise.

Please understand that i don´t want tp discuss with everyone via PM.

Sometimes i order something in the US, and than i have to pay much money for shippment.

But i think if the FlashCard is used as a development tool (it is a develoopment tool!) everyone will get the money back. ;)

OK, if someone can not pay the shippment, no problem to cancel the preorder.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

Oh sorry forgot the additional price for the higher insurance. The standardinsurance is only about 20,-€ for the next level you need much more money.

"Payment sent (Lee Chapman - Dubchaser) U.K. "

???

have the payment emails been sent out by Lynxman already? I have not recieved mine yet...

No, you don´t received any payment PM/email/telegraph.

It is not possible for me to handle all 50 orders at the same time.

Please wait.

Please understand that i can not work 24h/day for the FlashCard.

Kind Regards

Lynxman

• 1 month later...